The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Did God create Evil?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:23 pm 
Offline
Merovingian
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 4803
11-12-2006

Did God create evil? (side note from vwbug: I found this an interesting read whether truly said or not... also, God created evil... it's called healthy small children and really sick parents.... definitely evil.)

A University professor at a well-known institution of higher learning challenged his students with this question.

"Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir, he certainly did," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything; then God created evil. And, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then we can assume God is evil."

The student became quiet and did not answer the professor's hypothetical definition. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a question, professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?"

The other students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy.

Absolute zero (-460F) is the total absence of heat; and all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is?

You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.”

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God.

http://onehappydogspeaks.mu.nu/archives/204853.php

_________________
You Can Not Expect of People What They Have Not Yet Learned . . . .Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
"But what is evil anyway?
is there reason to the rhyme?
Without evil there can be no good,
So it must be good to be evil sometimes."

satan, the dark prince

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am 
Offline
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:25 am
Posts: 15
Evil is absolute knowledge. think about it. When adam and eve were in the garden, cavorting with reptilian beings and scratching their privates, all was good. Why? Because they were naive and non too bright. And then, lo and behold the serpent seduces eve and eve coerces adam, because she'd be damned if she was gonna go down alone. So, they acquired the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil. And they fell. The devil acquired knowledge from God...and he too became evil. The angels who followed the devil, acquired knowledge that rivaled that of the other angels, thus THEY became evil. The angels gave knowledge to the daughters of man with whom they copulated and from thence forth, womankind has been branded as evil
Knowledge is evil because knowledge is power and power corrupts and corruption decieves and deceipt is hate. So, knowing everything isnt such a good thing and there is a reason why most of our DNA is inert, because if it were all working, we'd be Superhuman and all knowing, and evil. Now, does this mean GOD is evil for being all knowing? I think the reason why he is God is because he may be the only entity ever, in the history of the universe who was uncorrupted by knowledge. God is an anomaly.
Just a thought.

_________________
Fortune favors the bold (Pliny)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:30 am 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
TinaSena wrote:
Evil is absolute knowledge. think about it. When adam and eve were in the garden, cavorting with reptilian beings and scratching their privates, all was good. Why? Because they were naive and non too bright. And then, lo and behold the serpent seduces eve and eve coerces adam, because she'd be damned if she was gonna go down alone. So, they acquired the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil. And they fell. The devil acquired knowledge from God...and he too became evil. The angels who followed the devil, acquired knowledge that rivaled that of the other angels, thus THEY became evil. The angels gave knowledge to the daughters of man with whom they copulated and from thence forth, womankind has been branded as evil
Knowledge is evil because knowledge is power and power corrupts and corruption decieves and deceipt is hate. So, knowing everything isnt such a good thing and there is a reason why most of our DNA is inert, because if it were all working, we'd be Superhuman and all knowing, and evil. Now, does this mean GOD is evil for being all knowing? I think the reason why he is God is because he may be the only entity ever, in the history of the universe who was uncorrupted by knowledge. God is an anomaly.
Just a thought.


After the fall, the gods said that Adam and Eve were "like us", with the knowledge of good and evil. Nothing evil about knowledge and power - evil is just the way that weak souls abuse them.

Being human is fine for up to 1000 or so years, but after that, there's got to be more. Maybe being an angel is ok for a couple of millennia, but I don't like string instruments. There's got to be a learning process (and a weeding out) to become "more". Maybe God is like Warren Buffett - always looking to promote from within.

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 pm 
Offline
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:25 am
Posts: 15
Actually, do you mean after the fall of adam and eve or after the fall of the angels? Because adam and eve were made in THEIR (god and the divine councils) image. There were NO angels in the divine council. Image is a likeness but not a preciseness. In the garden, when the serpent tempts eve God says, his seed shall bruise your foot and your seed shall bruise his heel (in reference to humanity's continuing fight against evil), why? Because when Adam and Eve disobeyed they took on and understanding and thus an aspect of evil that came full circle when cain slew able. It was considered the first murder. Evil. The serpent said to eve that " your eyes shall be open like Gods, knowing the ways of good and evil" The Knowledge of GOOD and EVIL.

_________________
Fortune favors the bold (Pliny)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:19 pm 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
TinaSena wrote:
Actually, do you mean after the fall of adam and eve or after the fall of the angels? Because adam and eve were made in THEIR (god and the divine councils) image. There were NO angels in the divine council. Image is a likeness but not a preciseness. In the garden, when the serpent tempts eve God says, his seed shall bruise your foot and your seed shall bruise his heel (in reference to humanity's continuing fight against evil), why? Because when Adam and Eve disobeyed they took on and understanding and thus an aspect of evil that came full circle when cain slew able. It was considered the first murder. Evil. The serpent said to eve that " your eyes shall be open like Gods, knowing the ways of good and evil" The Knowledge of GOOD and EVIL.


Without a program, I'm losing track of the players. Who is God in this instance, and who are the members of the "divine councils"? Are the members other Gods, lesser gods, angels, or some other entity?

Adam and Eve were created in "likeness", as in basic appearance, but after the "apple incident", became "like us" - assuming a knowledge of good and evil.

IMO

Not overly concerned about the lost details of ancient text, myth,and lore - more concerned about where I'm headed.

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:23 am 
Offline
Merovingian

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:00 pm
Posts: 3926
Location: Somewhere near me.
Hmmm...'evil' is an intangible. Can you create something intagible? Or is it something you can only label?

_________________
"Rare events are always unexpected, otherwise they would not occur." -Nassim Taleb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:46 am 
Offline
CFR Fat Cat

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 361
Evil is the lack of love and fellow feeling....it is giving oneself permission to step outside the boundaries of your social order and disrupt the well being of others, there is no rhyme or reason to it......it is the other side of the coin.

_________________
http://www.intoinfinity.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:37 am 
Offline
Merovingian
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 3892
Location: Land of Enchantment
circledancer wrote:
Evil is the lack of love and fellow feeling....it is giving oneself permission to step outside the boundaries of your social order and disrupt the well being of others, there is no rhyme or reason to it......it is the other side of the coin.


I totally agree.

_________________
"So much good, so much evil. Just add water."
Markus Zusak


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:35 am 
Offline
Friend of the Illuminati

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:23 pm
Posts: 1859
Location: Arkansas
circledancer wrote:
Evil is the lack of love and fellow feeling....it is giving oneself permission to step outside the boundaries of your social order and disrupt the well being of others, there is no rhyme or reason to it......it is the other side of the coin.


Let's say that you find a serial killer living next door. They have a family and kids, the whole nine yards. The police won't do anything about it, if you take the law into your own hands and off them, is that evil? After all they have a family that loves them.

No offense in what you say, I just want your opinion on it. I just don't think evil is a black and white issue like we wish it was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:47 am 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
Primus wrote:
circledancer wrote:
Evil is the lack of love and fellow feeling....it is giving oneself permission to step outside the boundaries of your social order and disrupt the well being of others, there is no rhyme or reason to it......it is the other side of the coin.


Let's say that you find a serial killer living next door. They have a family and kids, the whole nine yards. The police won't do anything about it, if you take the law into your own hands and off them, is that evil? After all they have a family that loves them.

No offense in what you say, I just want your opinion on it. I just don't think evil is a black and white issue like we wish it was.


An interesting example, as serial killers tend to be un-noticed by even their closest "relations" - family, friends, neighbors.

Many years before anybody suspected Bundy of anything. And the Iceman's family only had a small idea of his anger. No idea of what he was really doing.

So, to answer - I don't think we'd recognize the serial killer next door.

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:04 am 
Offline
Merovingian

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:00 pm
Posts: 3926
Location: Somewhere near me.
Just follow him and the next time he's going to attack, you attack him and say it's in self defense.

_________________
"Rare events are always unexpected, otherwise they would not occur." -Nassim Taleb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:23 am 
Offline
Friend of the Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 1967
Location: In an existential mess
TinaSena wrote:
Actually, do you mean after the fall of adam and eve or after the fall of the angels? Because adam and eve were made in THEIR (god and the divine councils) image. There were NO angels in the divine council. Image is a likeness but not a preciseness. In the garden, when the serpent tempts eve God says, his seed shall bruise your foot and your seed shall bruise his heel (in reference to humanity's continuing fight against evil), why? Because when Adam and Eve disobeyed they took on and understanding and thus an aspect of evil that came full circle when cain slew able. It was considered the first murder. Evil. The serpent said to eve that " your eyes shall be open like Gods, knowing the ways of good and evil" The Knowledge of GOOD and EVIL.


I don't believe this, however some sects of Christianity believe that the Eve and the snake are the hero of this story. Adam and Eve had been created by a false, or lesser god, and the Snake attempted to wake Adam and Eve from belief in the lesser God to believe in a Greater God.

One of my favorite creation stories of the origin of mankind is from religious leader called Mani. He believed that a massive war existed between good and evil. The good god created a superman to battle evil. In the battle, this superman, is destroyed by the forces of evil god and ripped thousands of pieces. These pieces are entraped in the evil. Thus mankind is an outer shell of evil, badness with a core of the good God.

Personally, all these myths tire me. In the end, can anyone KNOW the truth of any of any of this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:00 pm 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
gnosticgnowledge wrote:
TinaSena wrote:
Actually, do you mean after the fall of adam and eve or after the fall of the angels? Because adam and eve were made in THEIR (god and the divine councils) image. There were NO angels in the divine council. Image is a likeness but not a preciseness. In the garden, when the serpent tempts eve God says, his seed shall bruise your foot and your seed shall bruise his heel (in reference to humanity's continuing fight against evil), why? Because when Adam and Eve disobeyed they took on and understanding and thus an aspect of evil that came full circle when cain slew able. It was considered the first murder. Evil. The serpent said to eve that " your eyes shall be open like Gods, knowing the ways of good and evil" The Knowledge of GOOD and EVIL.


I don't believe this, however some sects of Christianity believe that the Eve and the snake are the hero of this story. Adam and Eve had been created by a false, or lesser god, and the Snake attempted to wake Adam and Eve from belief in the lesser God to believe in a Greater God.

One of my favorite creation stories of the origin of mankind is from religious leader called Mani. He believed that a massive war existed between good and evil. The good god created a superman to battle evil. In the battle, this superman, is destroyed by the forces of evil god and ripped thousands of pieces. These pieces are entraped in the evil. Thus mankind is an outer shell of evil, badness with a core of the good God.

Personally, all these myths tire me. In the end, can anyone KNOW the truth of any of any of this?


Who cares, anyway? Just do the right thing, not because we're afraid of Zeus, but because it's the right thing to do. It's called character.

My favorite creation story was on the Twilight Zone. An American man and a Russian woman are the sole survivors of a nuclear holocaust. Of course, he was Adam, and she was Eve.

It follows that my favorite afterlife story was also an episode of the Twilight Zone called "The Hunt". The old man and his coon dog drown one night while out coon-hunting. They walk for quite a while, beyond the life they've known before they realize they're dead. The devil tries to trick them into hell, but the dog's not allowed in. The old man's certainly not going anyplace without his dog, so he continues down the road to Heaven. The gatekeeper tells him that God has a coon hunt planned for that evening and that his wife will be along shortly.

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:29 pm 
Offline
CFR Fat Cat

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 361
Primus wrote:
circledancer wrote:
Evil is the lack of love and fellow feeling....it is giving oneself permission to step outside the boundaries of your social order and disrupt the well being of others, there is no rhyme or reason to it......it is the other side of the coin.


Let's say that you find a serial killer living next door. They have a family and kids, the whole nine yards. The police won't do anything about it, if you take the law into your own hands and off them, is that evil? After all they have a family that loves them.

No offense in what you say, I just want your opinion on it. I just don't think evil is a black and white issue like we wish it was.

Hummmm....I have often pondered the role of the avenger, It seems noble, on the face of it but I think it would come at a great personal cost.......by taking such an action, you may become what you despise. In the end..the dark stain it leaves on you could be worse than the threat you perceived from your neighbor.

_________________
http://www.intoinfinity.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group