How do you feel about death....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:47 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

You don't have the right choice for me "Undecided"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:13 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

Might as well not worry about it, it's not like you can avoid it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:16 pm 
Member of the Federal Reserve

SaucyRossy wrote:
You don't have the right choice for me "Undecided"

I wouldn't say "undecided", but I don't think any of the choices fit.

As eternal beings, who live before, during, and after this physical state, I think it's "going home". Like leaving work for the day, or retirement.

Not to say that one's work is over, just this phase.

I'm not actively seeking out an early death, but I could probably do more to postpone my visit from the grim reaper. Too bad I enjoy red meat, alcohol, tobacco, sex and all sorts of other stuff I might not get to enjoy as a spiritual being without a physical experience!

I don't fear death any more than I fear visiting my in-laws during the holidays.

Now I must get back to American Idol.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:46 pm 
Merovingian

It's the unknown that makes it scary. We can have beliefs about what awaits us, but we never know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:55 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

It seems to me that most people don't actually believe that they are going to die. Of course on an intellectual level there is an acceptance of that fact, but deep down I think there is a sense in the individual that while others may die, they themselves are somehow different and will magically continue to exist indefinitely. I see reality TV and the other ephemera of our age as a kind of indirect proof of this concept; a person convinced of the fact that their time among the living is inescapably limited would be less likely to fritter large portions of their life away in front of the TV or in other generally fruitless pursuits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:18 am 
First Time Caller Line

As someone who has died, all I can say is from my experience, It was not so bad, It was actually the most peaceful feeling that could be imagined.

The first time was by a bolt of lightning, the second time was by a small group of alleged highly trained medical professionals, The first time I seemed to have died for just a brief period, the second time It was much longer, however both times the things that happened were the same, everything went white, and then the most unbelievable feeling of absolute peace was what I felt.

There are really no words to explain this feeling of peace, that is the only way I can describe it, I felt weightless and just at total peace, it was like I was aware of my surroundings, however, my surroundings were not of any dimension were are used to, If that makes any sense?. Although everything was white, there was this odd depth to everything. One aspect of the second experience that always stuck with me was the feeling of being weightless, but It was not like one would imagine from lack of gravity, It was like something inside me was lifted.

And as you can see, I made it back both times, my first reincarnation was simply due to me somehow coming back, the second was due to those pesky scoundrels who took me out, bringing me back.

So for me dying was not all that bad, now as for how I felt after coming back, well, let's just say it was not the most pleasant experience either time..

Oh and BTW, Hello Everyone :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:49 am 
Merovingian

Hello Fantom!

Lovely story! Actually that is how I imagine death.

Post subject: Re: death
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 am 
Shadow Person

gnosticgnowledge wrote:
How do you feel about death....

This is my favorite subject to think and talk about .
I believe that we are eternal beings who are here to learn and accomplish something . A test . I do not fear death . I believe the stories of out of body experience . People hovering over their bodies after a car accident or during an operation . One story told over and over is that we judge ourselves . I think it's very probably true .
If that's true,I don't envy the people causing all the misery in the world right now !!!! They'll get theirs !!! lol.
The feeling of total peacefullness is another thing that people who had near death experience always claim to have had . One woman that I saw on television was very upset that she was brought back to life !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:17 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
This is my favorite subject to think and talk about .
I believe that we are eternal beings who are here to learn and accomplish something . A test . I do not fear death . I believe the stories of out of body experience . People hovering over their bodies after a car accident or during an operation . One story told over and over is that we judge ourselves . I think it's very probably true .
If that's true,I don't envy the people causing all the misery in the world right now !!!! They'll get theirs !!! lol.
The feeling of total peacefullness is another thing that people who had near death experience always claim to have had . One woman that I saw on television was very upset that she was brought back to life !

The pretty much sums me up exactly. Word for word.

It is definitely my favorite subject. Some people might consider that morbid but actually I have the opposite opinion.

The two seemingly universal traits that those who come back gain is a love for life and forgiveness. I now try to integrate those traits into my everyday life. I'm a lot happier now even though it can be difficult to stay on track. I forgive myself though...see, I just did it there. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:04 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

My dad and I were just talking about when my grandma (his mom) died. All of her kids were there and I represented the grandkids. Her last act was to reach up to something on her right side and try to make out a word that seemed to be "John" which was my grandpa's name.

That along with the fact that when I had my stroke there was absolutly no pain at all got me over any fear of death I ever had.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:41 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I guess I'm gonna go with reincarnation. To a point. I feel that we live hundreds of lives to experience Creation in its fullest. I think that our reincarnation cycle moves with the rotation of the solar system around the center of the galaxy and when the we reach a full rotation a type of culling of the dark souls, those that havent learned what ever it was meant for them to learn. I am not afraid of death but in fact I'm quite fascinated to find out whats around the bend so to speak. Not sayin im in a hurry but death is a part of life and I can't be any more scared than a person who moves to a new city for the first time. Not knowing what to expect...

"There is no such thing as black magic, only cheap tricks." -Doctor Parnassus, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:46 am 
Shadow Person

DiosKilos wrote:
I guess I'm gonna go with reincarnation. To a point. I feel that we live hundreds of lives to experience Creation in its fullest. I think that our reincarnation cycle moves with the rotation of the solar system around the center of the galaxy and when the we reach a full rotation a type of culling of the dark souls, those that havent learned what ever it was meant for them to learn. I am not afraid of death but in fact I'm quite fascinated to find out whats around the bend so to speak. Not sayin im in a hurry but death is a part of life and I can't be any more scared than a person who moves to a new city for the first time. Not knowing what to expect...

8) The soul IS eternal ! You've said it very well ! I agree !!! :D The evil people ,who are causing all the pain in the world ,ARE in for a rude awakening when they have to pay the piper !!! :P We do not get away with anything in the long run !!!! :P