The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:42 am 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Fazer wrote:
Sorry Roger, there is still no proof. Glad to hear from you again.

Fazer wrote:

still no proof of what?
Lex Banned me because I would not submit to his censorship and I see that he ended up banning the whole board. Good news I hear~~ the return of artbell.com. Good bye Snoooooory.

Now to our unresolved 5year argument

Fazer wrote:
That abstraction lent Earthly existence to amalgamated doctrines for the Empire's new religion; and because there was no letter "J" in alphabets until around the ninth century, the name subsequently evolved into "Jesus Christ".

actually there was no "J" in any language until 14th century England and the Letter "J" was not used widely until the 17th century.
if you look in the 1611 Edition you will see Iesus Christ
Bishops~ Iesus Christe
Geneva~ Iesus Christ

Greek~Iesous(English spelling)Two diferent versions exist in Greek(first~Iota, Eta, Sigma, Upsilon, Sigma, second~Iota, Eta, Sigma, Micron, Upsilon, Sigma)

or how about the Latin Vulgate~ Iesu Christi(Classical Latin)
English is a Latin Language. Latin was spoken in Judea in the first century

Amiatinus codex from the eighth century is the oldest surviving copy of Jerome's Vulgate and the spelling is Iesu Christi(perhaps this is your 9th century reference point)

Fuldensis codex from the fifth century contains mostly New Testament Vulgate and the Spelling is Iesu Christi(which would invalidate your reference point)

I really don't understand the point, but I have seen this argued in different places by people looking for a reason.

I speak Modern day English and the name for Yahshua or Yeshua(English equivalent for Hebrew and there are several other ways to translate the Hebrew) means YHWH saves.

Do you speak Spanish?
try translating Spanish to English. Most of the time it is backwards. and these are both Germanic Languages

Your source is attempting to task a translation of a 2000 year old Semitic name from a Language that is 4500 years old to English with out any problems. IT seems like a far stretch for a problem here.
You still have not changed who Jesus Christ is! HE is God of my salvation

by the way "Christ" is Latin for Messiah(the anointed one).

The battle of Armageddon from the Old Testament perspective

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.
Zec 13:2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, [that] I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Zec 13:6 And [one] shall say unto him, What [are] these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, [Those] with which I was wounded [in] the house of my friends.

Let him that hath an ear, Hear! :D
Has anyone heard from Johhny " :shock: "

Last edited by rogerhelmich on Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:13 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

rogerhelmich wrote:
Primus wrote:

There is evidence that this particular quote was added to the works of Josephus after his death and during the rise of the cult (at the time) of Christianity as a way to legitimize themselves.
We do not have "evidence" but we have had some speculate that the passages were added. There are other accounts in Josephus that have been questioned and have recently found evidence to support.(Masada in particular)

Nice to meet you Roger.

Man, I don't even remember writing that. Talk about digging up bones LOL. But anyway, the evidence (and I agree the term evidence was the wrong word) is that there are copies of the writings of Josephus that have been found that do not include that passage, although dating them compared to others during the rise of Christianity is like trying to discover what carton of ice cream was made first by tasting the ice cream itself.

Don't think that I am trying to downplay your beliefs, I'm not. I'm one of those that thinki if you want to worship a bag of Dorito's as your god, that's fine by me LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:02 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I miss Johhny! :D

and has forgotten the gift.”
-- Albert Einstein --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:17 am 

Intowishon wrote:
I miss Johhny! :D
you miss Johnny? Are you one of the gang of Seven(to quote wanderer)
is this "small port" in Oregon?Image
or around Lake Erie?
How about Baggins?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:10 am 

Primus wrote:
rogerhelmich wrote:
Primus wrote:

There is evidence that this particular quote was added to the works of Josephus after his death and during the rise of the cult (at the time) of Christianity as a way to legitimize themselves.
We do not have "evidence" but we have had some speculate that the passages were added. There are other accounts in Josephus that have been questioned and have recently found evidence to support.(Masada in particular)

Nice to meet you Roger.

Man, I don't even remember writing that. Talk about digging up bones LOL. But anyway, the evidence (and I agree the term evidence was the wrong word) is that there are copies of the writings of Josephus that have been found that do not include that passage, although dating them compared to others during the rise of Christianity is like trying to discover what carton of ice cream was made first by tasting the ice cream itself.

Don't think that I am trying to downplay your beliefs, I'm not. I'm one of those that thinki if you want to worship a bag of Dorito's as your god, that's fine by me LOL

Well it really is'nt about,"copies of the writings of Josephus that have been found that do not include that passage"(since we have only fragments until they were put together in 1544AD) but it is what Origen wrote of in 240AD versus what Eusebius in 324AD wrote of and mentions of him from Justin Martyr, Tertullian, and Clement of Alexandria.
Assuming that the passage,"Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man..." was added by Eusebius(since Origen writes that Josephus did not see Jesus as Christ) the reference to James the Just...the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ is not really disputed in majority

And please do not try to be Politically correct around me. I like Doritos but they are not God
Jesus is God

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:40 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

rogerhelmich wrote:
Fazer wrote:
Fazer wrote:

still no proof of what?
"

As always is the case, the burden of proof weighs upon those who assert that some thing or some process exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:27 pm 

rogerhelmich wrote:
Primus wrote:
rogerhelmich wrote:
Primus wrote:

Nice to meet you Roger.

Well it really is'nt about,"copies of the writings of Josephus that have been found that do not include that passage"(since we have only fragments until they were put together in 1544AD) but it is what Origen wrote of in 240AD versus what Eusebius in 324AD wrote of and mentions of him from Justin Martyr, Tertullian, and Clement of Alexandria.
Assuming that the passage,"Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man..." was added by Eusebius(since Origen writes that Josephus did not see Jesus as Christ) the reference to James the Just...the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ is not really disputed in majority

And please do not try to be Politically correct around me. I like Doritos but they are not God
Jesus is God

I have one question, where's the RED ink??????????? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:33 am 
Eleven Eleven Keyholder

Verily verily i say unto thee, Clendennan is the poster that shall speak for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:54 pm 

dennis wrote:
rogerhelmich wrote:
Primus wrote:
rogerhelmich wrote:
Primus wrote:

Nice to meet you Roger.

Jesus is God

I have one question, where's the RED ink??????????? LOL
ask and it shall be red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:35 pm 
British Royal

Nice to see you found your way over here Roger. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:46 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

vadersp wrote:

I figured with this topic, Roger would find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 am 

All we need now, is for Orlando to join us to get the old C2C forum humming again, LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:56 am 

vadersp wrote:

thanks vader
as soon as I get time, I am shall answer your old testament,"kill disobedient children" post :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:54 am 
CFR Fat Cat

dennis wrote:
All we need now, is for Orlando to join us to get the old C2C forum humming again, LOL.

We need Saffy too.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:17 am 
Y2K Profiteer

afeent1 wrote:
dennis wrote:

We need Saffy too.

That would be cool. Orlando telling us about reptile Earth leaders, Roger's bible quotes to Orlando "in red", and Saffy explaining everything to us what Orlando and Roger are arguing about. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next