The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

does God...
Poll ended at Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:36 pm
love the homo 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
hate the homo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
require straights to murder homo's 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
love the sinner, but hate the sin 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
have anything better to do 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
really care at all 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
even exist outside our realm of imaginary friends 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:34 pm 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
Why is it that "Christians" continue to throw the Old Testament law (Law of Moses) at the homosexuals?

I do remember reading that Christ declared that the "Old Law" was fulfilled in Him, and that the "New Law" was now in effect.

Christians tend to look down on Muslims for stoning to death adulterers, but seem to pick and choose the parts of the Bible that they like.

Who's hungry? - we have shrimp or pork.

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:18 am 
Offline
Y2K Profiteer

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 am
Posts: 2186
Location: Buffalo,NY
Austin Nichols wrote:
Why is it that "Christians" continue to throw the Old Testament law (Law of Moses) at the homosexuals?

.

Because they are really gay.

_________________
When the mob governs, man is ruled by ignorance; when the church governs, he is ruled by superstition; and when the state governs, he is ruled by fear. http://countdowntoapocalypse.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:33 am 
Offline
Oil Industry Executive

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2297
Location: Louisiana
Because, and this is always why I will argue with people who believe religion is the source of the world's problems, they are using those three measley passages as validation of a pre-existing bias.

If they really hated it so much because it was in the Bible, they would REALLY FUCKING HATE tattoos, which are condemed far more than homosexuality in the Bible. While you occasionally see some grumbling about tattoos, it isn't anywhere near the furor that these fundies bring to the table when dealing with homosexuality. Lots of fundie teenagers even get tattoos of crosses and other iconography.

So I'd wager that they don't hate homosexuals because the Bible tells them to. They would've hated them anyway. So many fundies are emotionally and mentally fucked to begin with and so full of self-loathing and fear (I work with one) that they embrace this and run with it. It makes them feel better avout themselves.

_________________
Modern Science: Where a crappy answer is better than no answer at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:36 am 
Offline
Friend of the Illuminati

Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:23 pm
Posts: 1859
Location: Arkansas
I believe in one or two true gods. They are giant spiders with bellies made of gumdrops that fart when you tickle them. The only rules are that you never get them wet and never, never feed them after midnight. Obey these rules and all will be opened for you if you knock and or ring the bell; disobey and the mighty silken sugar webs will bind you to an oak board and send you through the mollases pit of hate and suffering for the lifespan of an ABC sitcom.,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:57 pm 
Offline
Member of the Federal Reserve

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm
Posts: 2524
Location: In the middle of our life's journey
Primus wrote:
I believe in one or two true gods. They are giant spiders with bellies made of gumdrops that fart when you tickle them. The only rules are that you never get them wet and never, never feed them after midnight. Obey these rules and all will be opened for you if you knock and or ring the bell; disobey and the mighty silken sugar webs will bind you to an oak board and send you through the mollases pit of hate and suffering for the lifespan of an ABC sitcom.,


well, that sounds better than actually watching an ABC sitcom

_________________
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:35 am 
Offline
Y2K Profiteer

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 am
Posts: 2186
Location: Buffalo,NY
Austin Nichols wrote:
Primus wrote:
I believe in one or two true gods. They are giant spiders with bellies made of gumdrops that fart when you tickle them. The only rules are that you never get them wet and never, never feed them after midnight. Obey these rules and all will be opened for you if you knock and or ring the bell; disobey and the mighty silken sugar webs will bind you to an oak board and send you through the mollases pit of hate and suffering for the lifespan of an ABC sitcom.,


well, that sounds better than actually watching an ABC sitcom

You watch the first 5 minutes of farting, then 10 minutes of comercials.

_________________
When the mob governs, man is ruled by ignorance; when the church governs, he is ruled by superstition; and when the state governs, he is ruled by fear. http://countdowntoapocalypse.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group