The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What do you believe?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:16 pm 
Bohemian Grove Member in Good Standing

What do you believe? Buddha? Shiva? God of the old testament? New testament? Agonstic, Atheist?

Has Nietsche, Plato, Heraclitus, Parmenides, Marx, Hegal, Jefferson, Marcuse, Sartre, Kickenguard(sorry too lazy to look up the correct spelling), Derrida, Rand, Jung or made you look at things different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:09 pm 
Merovingian

I hate repeating this - - - but like I've said previously - - - I've had "experiences" since birth - - used to astral travel when I was about 5 or 6.

In one experience - - a very tall man in a long white robe appeared. He told me it was confusing me living in 2 worlds - - the spirit world - - and the physical earth world.

He grounded me - - told me not to "fly" anymore - - that I needed to stay in the Earth world until my cycle was done.

So obviously I am affected in my belief by that encounter.

Coming from a typical white Christian middle class area - - - I made the rounds of different Christian churches - - - but always felt like they weren't getting the whole picture. Even as young as 5 - I kept thinking how much they were missing.

My grandma - - - a firecracker 5' Irish Catholic - - drug me to church with her and did her best to make me Catholic. At 5 years old - - I remember cringing at all the ornateness and pomp and circumstance. I kept thinking - - - "what does this have to do with God?" The people were very uptight and rude to little kids - - - I kept thinking "this is not what God is all about".

BUT - - growing up - like any other kid - I tried to fit in (never did). I tried to be Christian and go to local churches etc etc etc. I tried to be like everyone else - - I wasn't.

It was like - "there is more to this story" - "you just aren't getting it"

So today - - - I only refer to myself as "child of the Creator" - - - - and believe what I feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:29 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

I believe that the universe is a product of intellegent design, I feel that living beings are souls and possess some esence of the creator , I do not however believe that said creator wears the mask of any of the organized religions. They seem to me to be an attemp to scale the infinite down to some managable size and shape so as to seem more understandable. People who live close to the land and who have a deep understanding of how the cycles and patterns of the living world play out, are the perhaps the ones who come closest to knowing GOD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

circledancer wrote:
I believe that the universe is a product of intellegent design, I feel that living beings are souls and possess some esence of the creator , I do not however believe that said creator wears the mask of any of the organized religions. They seem to me to be an attemp to scale the infinite down to some managable size and shape so as to seem more understandable. People who live close to the land and who have a deep understanding of how the cycles and patterns of the living world play out, are the perhaps the ones who come closest to knowing GOD.

Circledancer, you said it much better than I ever could!
Given the size of the Universe and all we've come to know in the last few hundred years, it seems so limited to visualize the Divine as just like us only with superpowers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:49 am 
British Royal

Atheist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:59 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

vadersp wrote:
Atheist

We are all one consciousness with different points of view. God? Define your terms. Then question them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:39 pm 
Member of the Federal Reserve

I think we've done far more to recreate God in our own image than God ever did to create man in His image.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:21 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

There is no proof of a god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:22 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Fazer wrote:

That alone is proof that he is God ... :lol:

and has forgotten the gift.”
-- Albert Einstein --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:51 pm 
Member of the Federal Reserve

Fazer wrote:

Sure there is - He is on the money, but since he doesn't have a picture on the money, he's probably a lesser god to Lincoln, Jefferson, Hamilton, Benjamin and those other guys.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:32 am 
Merovingian

I believe a bit in all religions. I like to call myself a Buddhist or sometimes a Christobuddhist. I think Jesus was much closer to a Buddhist than the sort of Christianity that the fundies run around preaching. In reality, I don't practice any sort of religion and consider all organized religions to be attempts to control individuals and the masses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:25 am 
Y2K Profiteer

A few thousand years ago, we would be gods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:16 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

Fazer wrote:

Until the batteries powering all our "magical" devices went dead. Then the peasants would be after us with torches and pitchforks. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:05 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

I believe in me. That's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:42 am 
Y2K Profiteer

tauzero wrote:
Fazer wrote:

Until the batteries powering all our "magical" devices went dead. Then the peasants would be after us with torches and pitchforks. :shock:

Sounds familiar.