The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:34 pm 
Member of the Federal Reserve

vadersp wrote:
OK, you confused the hell out of me there. Are you calling me gay? Or are you saying you think homosexuality is a choice?

No, I'm not calling you (or anybody else) gay. What I'm trying to say is:

a) there will never be enough "proof" (of anything) to convince one who chooses to not believe
b) logic will never sway the illogical
c) heterosexuals tend to claim that homosexuality is a choice, but could never see themselves making that choice

So, in a round-about way, I'm saying we all have our beliefs (whatever they may be) and nobody is likely to ever change our minds.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:40 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

vadersp wrote:
tauzero wrote:
As I said, define your terms. A big guy sitting on a throne in the sky? The Ineffable Spagetti Monster? What?

Oscar (and many others) have had "experiences" which go beyond what we in our society understand or can explain using our current materialist paradigm. Evidence reported by many rational observers is ignored at the cost of denying the existence of an important facet of truth.

Experience? Dream? Hallucination? Drugs? Mental disorder? There's many explanations for what someone would call an experience, that's pretty vague. There are so called rational observers that worship a piece of toast because they can see the face of Jesus in it, it doesn't make it evidence of god.

If there's a god, all he has to do is give the world some old fashioned undeniable proof. Back in the day we had burning bushes, water walking, dead rising, booming voices from the sky, people turned into salt, wall destroying trumpets, people parting water, and all sorts of wacky stuff.

It's been pretty dry for the last 2000 years as far as evidence goes. All he'd have to do is shout down from the sky so everyone could hear.

God used to reveal himself all the time. Is it a coincidence that as the age of reason and science came along the miracles stopped?

They seem to have stopped after we killed Jesus, oh and there is that Ark of the Covenant thing that God spoke directly to the Kings of Israel through.
Who has that now? Israel... America...? Not the Vatican that's for sure - That to me is the real mystery.
But all you have to do is ask him to show you he is there, and he will.

and has forgotten the gift.”
-- Albert Einstein --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:47 pm 

Intowishon wrote:
They seem to have stopped after we killed Jesus, oh and there is that Ark of the Covenant thing that God spoke directly to the Kings of Israel through.
Who has that now? Israel... America...? Not the Vatican that's for sure - That to me is the real mystery.

They're never gonna let the cameras in to show it off, but the Ethiopian's put up a pretty good argument for their little temple.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:53 am 
Y2K Profiteer

vadersp wrote:
tauzero wrote:
As I said, define your terms. A big guy sitting on a throne in the sky? The Ineffable Spagetti Monster? What?

Oscar (and many others) have had "experiences" which go beyond what we in our society understand or can explain using our current materialist paradigm. Evidence reported by many rational observers is ignored at the cost of denying the existence of an important facet of truth.

If there's a god, all he has to do is give the world some old fashioned undeniable proof. Back in the day we had burning bushes, water walking, dead rising, booming voices from the sky, people turned into salt, wall destroying trumpets, people parting water, and all sorts of wacky stuff.

I think Criss Angel could do all that. Is he god? A couple thousand years ago he would be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2VmZcA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:18 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Vader said, "If there's a god, all he has to do is give the world some old fashioned undeniable proof. Back in the day we had burning bushes, water walking, dead rising, booming voices from the sky, people turned into salt, wall destroying trumpets, people parting water, and all sorts of wacky stuff.
It's been pretty dry for the last 2000 years as far as evidence goes. All he'd have to do is shout down from the sky so everyone could hear.
God used to reveal himself all the time. Is it a coincidence that as the age of reason and science came along the miracles stopped?"

It's been on my mind a lot . What was that old sci-fi movie where God talked through a teletype? The people around today that call themselves prophets seem to be in it for the money.
I had a thought about the small handful of people who founded the world's great religions: Lord Rama, Buddah, Zoroaster, Jesus to name a few.They are described as fellow human beings, not deities. Though some are thought to have moved to a Higher Plane.

Just as some are gifted artistically, in mathematics or science like Einstein or Galileo, perhaps these very few were born Spiritually gifted, seeing/comprehending the Universe in ways ordinary people can't fathom. Maybe with psychic powers off the scale, telekinetic, perhaps a high degree of "intentional energy" of the sort that can heal a sick person or raise the "dead". Every generation seems to have clairvoyants, "oracles" but this small number of people taught lessons to millions across centuries.

We're certainly overdue for another one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:17 am 
British Royal

Fazer wrote:
I think Criss Angel could do all that. Is he god? A couple thousand years ago he would be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2VmZcA

Lol, I was trying to dig up some of the more "miraculous" miracles, because I agree with you. If Angel were to go visit some deep jungle community, he'd be worshiped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:18 am 
British Royal

Intowishon wrote:
But all you have to do is ask him to show you he is there, and he will.

Ok.

GOD, WILL YOU SHOW ME YOU'RE HERE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:21 am 
British Royal

Doriesaurus wrote:
Just as some are gifted artistically, in mathematics or science like Einstein or Galileo, perhaps these very few were born Spiritually gifted, seeing/comprehending the Universe in ways ordinary people can't fathom. Maybe with psychic powers off the scale, telekinetic, perhaps a high degree of "intentional energy" of the sort that can heal a sick person or raise the "dead". Every generation seems to have clairvoyants, "oracles" but this small number of people taught lessons to millions across centuries.

We're certainly overdue for another one[/color]

I'd have to use the Criss Angel argument here. If he changed his act a bit, he'd have had a religious following.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:35 am 
British Royal

Austin Nichols wrote:
They're never gonna let the cameras in to show it off, but the Ethiopian's put up a pretty good argument for their little temple.

I'd love to get a camera in there & see what they have.

On the other hand, it it were the actual Ark, it seems to have lost it's spark over the years. The Ark used to be the most powerful, holy instrument of god on earth. Yet if the Ethiopians have it, it's done nothing for them. They are one of the poorest, most famine stricken people there are. If they have the actual Ark, it seems pretty useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:28 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

vadersp wrote:
Doriesaurus wrote:

We're certainly overdue for another one[/color]

I'd have to use the Criss Angel argument here. If he changed his act a bit, he'd have had a religious following.

That's such a disingenuous argument, though. If he lived in ancient times, or only had access to the technical and mechanical knowledge of a very primative culture, he wouldn't be able to do what he does.

It's stage magic, which is very elaborate and time consuming to set up. And stage magic has only existed for about 200 years, and it has been this elaborate for far less than half that time. And even if you want to make the argument that someone could do it back in ancient times, cultures like the Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Egytpians, etc. were pretty damn savvy and all had varying degrees of substantial technical and mechanical achievement. They'd notice that he was taking a long time to set the stuff up and that it required multiple pieces and very specific situations to be performed in. The only reason we pay that no heed is because we know it's fake. We suspend our disbelief. If you were to look at with a critical eye, it would be obvious it's something very mundane. You might not be completely sure of how it works, but just watching it and examining it would tell you that it's the very human creation of a very mortal man.

Life isn't like a movie where some guy goes back in time and amazes medieval england with his coin tricks. People didn't know as much as we know now, but the also weren't retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:13 pm 

Of course david copperfield didn't really make the statue of liberty disappear, or fly an elephant over the grand canyon (or whatever he did) but it was fun to watch, and WONDER how he did it.

I think, probably, the illusionists of yesteryear were superior, cuz they didn't have all the props and studios behind them. Much tougher, probably, to get them handcuffs off while bound by chain, upside-down, in a water-filled chamber.

The real magic here is how a guy like David Copperfield gets a hottie like Claudia Schiffer. (even if it's only temporary)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:07 am 
British Royal

Sure there were smart people in ancient times, but the vast majority were rubes. What was it, 90-95% illiteracy? Don't forget people were afraid of falling off the world if they sailed too far, thought old women flew around on broomsticks and burned them alive, and desecrated corpses for fear of vampires. Heck, the vast majority of people today are morons. Just look how many think people like Criss Angel are really doing those things. :lol:

As for magicians, they've been around for thousands of years. I'm not just talking about the trick camera stuff and things that require modern day equipment. Most of their tricks are slight of hand, persuasion and misdirection, the same techniques that have been used for millennia.

Magicians aside, people are still gullible and join cults. They even follow their leaders into death. These people do not posses any powers or perform any miracles, yet their followers disagree because they have "faith" they are right.

I see the Jesus's and Mohammeds of the ancient world as having no more credibility than the Koreshes and L. Ron Hubbards of the modern world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 am 
Y2K Profiteer

vadersp wrote:
Austin Nichols wrote:

On the other hand, it it were the actual Ark, it seems to have lost it's spark over the years. The Ark used to be the most powerful, holy instrument of god on earth. Yet if the Ethiopians have it, it's done nothing for them. They are one of the poorest, most famine stricken people there are. If they have the actual Ark, it seems pretty useless.

They must have it in a containment field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:20 pm 

Fazer wrote:
vadersp wrote:
Austin Nichols wrote:

They must have it in a containment field.

That idea may actually have some merit. Didn't the Biblical design of the Tabernacle call for a certain type of wood, covered in gold, and with silk lining? Could have been all for decor - could have been functional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:14 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I might have read this in "Chariots of the Gods" So figuring if the gods were extraterrestrials, maybe the "Ark" would have been some kind of radio?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next