The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 am 
Shadow Person

Lauralicious wrote:
There is a new National Geographic documentary that just came to Netflix streaming called "The Moment of Death". I haven't watched it yet, but it looks interesting.

I also read a book, 90 Minutes in Heaven, about a dude who died instantly in a car crash, and then was resuscitated.

I wonder how much the experience that people have when they die and come back is based on their religious or other beliefs.

I think it's really interesting that so many people report having an out-of-body experience of death where they are floating above and watching everything that's going on. At the same time, though, I tend to have my most realistic and memorable dreams in third person, so I'm not sure how I would be able to tell a dream based on what I might aurally experience around me from actually viewing something from above. I guess for me, it would largely depend on how detailed the description of events was.

I am convinced of reincarnation, because i remember from early childhood ,a feeling that i had been given another life,that i had lived before . Why would a small child think of something like that ? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:59 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
I am convinced of reincarnation, because i remember from early childhood ,a feeling that i had been given another life,that i had lived before . Why would a small child think of something like that ? :?

That is very interesting.

My wife works as a nanny and when the little girl she watches was very young she said: " When I was older I had a motorcycle". I thought that it was funny but it really got me thinking.

I tend to agree with the idea that children are more inclined to experience things that are paranormal, have memories of past lives, etc. I think it's because they have yet to be contaminated with the restraints of "common-sense".

Accounts that I have read from around the world lead me to believe that there is an afterlife and reincarnation. Though I have no problem with the idea of an afterlife the whole reincarnation thing bothers me a bit. At this point I would find it difficult to want to come back. Maybe as a ladies bicycle seat...HI-YO!!!!!!!! (Credit to Jackie Mason from Caddieshack 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am 
Shadow Person

jboston wrote:
Quote:

That is very interesting.

My wife works as a nanny and when the little girl she watches was very young she said: " When I was older I had a motorcycle". I thought that it was funny but it really got me thinking.

I tend to agree with the idea that children are more inclined to experience things that are paranormal, have memories of past lives, etc. I think it's because they have yet to be contaminated with the restraints of "common-sense".

Accounts that I have read from around the world lead me to believe that there is an afterlife and reincarnation. Though I have no problem with the idea of an afterlife the whole reincarnation thing bothers me a bit. At this point I would find it difficult to want to come back. Maybe as a ladies bicycle seat...HI-YO!!!!!!!! (Credit to Jackie Mason from Caddieshack 2)

:shock: Depends on the lady !!! LOL. I sure don't want to be sat on by Oprah or Rosanne Barr !!!! :cry: :x :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:10 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

from http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Death-Br ... 1563891662

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

Ugh, just a heads up- I just turned on that Moment of Death movie, and it starts with very graphic open heart surgery. Barfo.

I just finished this other book called Soul Survivor, about a kid who remembers his past life as a WWII fighter pilot. It sounds like a LOT of kids have memories of "when they were older". Interesting!