The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battle of Britian
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 am 
Hoagland-esque

Could it have been possible that the battle was "thrown" by the German high command? The Luftwaffe had superior fighters and harder hitting bombers coupled with experienced pilots. But the bombers still managed to miss the critical targets, all while knowing where most of them were. Or was the high command just putting out the wrong information (on accident)?

Post subject: Re: Battle of Britian
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:54 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I was watching a show on remembrance day (or veterans day in the US) where they were saying with regards to the bombings of London, that British spies had fed the Germans with fake info, basically telling them they were over shooting their target, so Germany changed their aim, so the bombs would fall way short of the major population areas.

I know that is not the same as air to air combat, but it sure did buy Britain some time.

Germany was poised to win that war, and probably could have if they did not make a series of costly mistakes. The biggest was starting shit with Russia. Hitler always said fighting a 2 front war was a stupid thing to do, and when he decided to go against his own advice, that proved to be correct. Russia at the beginning had no intention of entering the war, and was actually friendly with Germany at the start.

The second mistake was attacking Russia in the winter. Sending a large number of elite troops through that frozen waste land was costly in both casualties and morale. Had he stuck to his plan, and only fought on the Western Front he may have defeated the allies.

I have a feeling had that been the case, America may not have declared war on Germany, fearing Russia may join up with the Nazis. The War with japan still probably would have taken place, as the Japanese sure seemed horny to get the US involved.

I think at that point in the war though, Hitler had lost his marbles, which is never a good thing for a nation at war.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 am 
Hoagland-esque

I think that the war with Russia, Hitler wanted to be cocky and take that gamble. Had he sent in fighting forces during the spring, Russia would have fallen within weeks, seeing as how the Germans could still use the blitzkrieg against the inferior Russian tanks, troops and planes. So in his own way, Hitler was very much wrong! Much of Europe was under his control so his factories had plenty of access to steel and gas that could have been used to build tanks, guns, artillery, and more planes. Had his own high command actually looked into the "intel" that the spies were feeding them, they would have more than likely discovered this...and then England would have been hit ten times as hard and operation sealion would have been a go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I agree. But that is what happens when someone has all that power. They begin to feel they are untouchable in all their life choices. Hitler having survived a ton of assassination attempts believed he was being guided by some divine force, as he was fed this idea by various occult people he took advice from, thus making all his plans in his mind fail proof.

When your gut tells you one thing, and your ego tells you something else, the ego will always be wrong, and in this case, that was the downfall of the Nazi agenda (well the war part anyway).