The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

DiosKilos wrote:
Stucifer wrote:

History channel still pumps out some decent new series though. Life after people, Ancients behaving badly, and there is another one that came out recently that I watch, but I can't think of the name at the moment. So it's not complete shit just yet lol.

I disagree. History Channel is nothing but a propaganda mouthpeice and a progressive programming tool. Life after people is a population reduction piece of garbage. I watched this at a friends house and I was awestruck at the way they trivialized humans and our existance. Pushed the greenie mother earth worship. & in fact is nothing but a word for word copy of futuristic reports from Chatham House. On how they wish to reduce earth humans population. Re-introduce wildlife into areas that haven't seen them for hundreds of years. This type of information goes hand in hand with fictional writters who have a knack for "predicting the future." Like Arthur C Clark for example.

Ancients behaving badly damned the ancients but ignored the fact that we in the "future" still act the same way and in many cases we are worse. It made the viewer enjoy what they were seeing and in many cases people wished they could experience some of the scenes. I experienced this first hand watching people next to me enjoy and smile and get excited while watching this. In my opinion this type of programming is just that, Programming like a person programs a computer. But we are the computer and after we are programed we begin to emulate that. This is all basic TV and human behavior knowledge for anyone to discover.

History Channel in conjunction with the Military Channel & and News Channels are the biggest Progressive programming tools ever unleashed upon the Human Race since the printing press.

You make a very valid point. Most things on TV do the same thing. It's partly the reason I brought up the fact they show tons of Hitler/Nazi shows over and over and over again.

I myself though look at those two shows differently. You say for example that Ancients Behaving Badly damns the ancients and ignores that we are still the same. I see it more like a reflection of modern leaders and how batshit insane most of them are, and in a lot of cases are way more nuts then even Nero or Caligula. It also shows a lot of ideas and methods that were/are later adopted by modern leaders to strike fear and control their populations.

As for Life After People. I like to think sometimes about what types of things from our lifetime will survive thousands of years from now... Like what will be our 'pyramids' sort of thing.

I do think the show was way off a lot of the times in there estimation of time lines for destruction. They say sometimes that nature will take over in a fairly short amount of time, then show a place that was abandoned in real life for what ever reason, and it's not as ravaged as it should be according to their time lines. (I know geographical location will affect the time it takes to revert back to nature)

There are show on these channels that fudge the facts for sure. But I think being aware of that fact one can still watch and enjoy them with out succumbing to the propaganda machine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:56 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Stucifer wrote:
But that's the problem. Reality show trends killed everything. Discovery, TLC, History Channel are all rife with them. They are not the only channels that have went that way, but I don't really care about the other ones.

I remember when Bravo broadcast the Metropolitan Opera some evenings. I'm not an opera fan, but I like the idea of a channel that's willing to do stuff like that.

Now Bravo may be the single biggest dumpster for trailer-trash reality programming on the planet. Stuff that literally makes you stupider, one IQ point at a time.

I hope there's a dialectic at work here. Cram as much reality programming on TV as possible. Everywhere, every possible topic, no matter how freakish. Push it as far as it will go, then push it farther. It will eventually collapse under its own weight, and at least we'll get to see what the next crappy TV trend will be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

mstuartm wrote:
Stucifer wrote:
But that's the problem. Reality show trends killed everything. Discovery, TLC, History Channel are all rife with them. They are not the only channels that have went that way, but I don't really care about the other ones.

I remember when Bravo broadcast the Metropolitan Opera some evenings. I'm not an opera fan, but I like the idea of a channel that's willing to do stuff like that.

Now Bravo may be the single biggest dumpster for trailer-trash reality programming on the planet. Stuff that literally makes you stupider, one IQ point at a time.

I hope there's a dialectic at work here. Cram as much reality programming on TV as possible. Everywhere, every possible topic, no matter how freakish. Push it as far as it will go, then push it farther. It will eventually collapse under its own weight, and at least we'll get to see what the next crappy TV trend will be.

The shitty thing is I don't think this trend will end anytime soon. These shows are way too cheap to produce. With people watching a lot of stuff on the internet, all the channels are more interested in cheap shows rather then invest in quality that only a handful of people may watch. Reality is a good move for them cause they don't stand to lose much money. It is however bad for our collective brains.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:24 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

I have 100% faith, that given the opportunity mankind would follow word for word the movie Idiocracy.

"There is no such thing as black magic, only cheap tricks." -Doctor Parnassus, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

DiosKilos wrote:
I have 100% faith, that given the opportunity mankind would follow word for word the movie Idiocracy.

Dude that is so true. The first time I seen that movie, I thought the same thing. It was almost scary. I love that movie though. Me and my buddies are always quoting lines from it.

Maybe Mike Judge in the future will be regarded as a Nostradamus figure of our time LMAO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

I know it's been said a zillion times, but Office Space captured the zeitgeist in a way that few movies ever have. It wouldn't have been so funny if it weren't so goddamned true to life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:17 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

mstuartm wrote:
I know it's been said a zillion times, but Office Space captured the zeitgeist in a way that few movies ever have. It wouldn't have been so funny if it weren't so goddamned true to life.

LOL ya man.

All this Mike Judge talk makes me miss Beavis and Butt-head. Haven't seen that show in years.