The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:03 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/nort ... 534231.stm

hmm I wonder how this could of happend :wink:

"There is no such thing as black magic, only cheap tricks." -Doctor Parnassus, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

At the end of the last ice age there were continent-spanning lakes of melt water held back by ice dams. They finally cracked, flooded vast areas of the world and sea level rose by 10s of meters in a few days. Legends of overwhelming floods are part of traditions all around the world. Any civilizations back then would have developed in low-lying, fertile river valleys... which are now under water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 pm 
British Royal

I love stuff like that. Its fascinating to think what the planet was like 10,000 100,000 100,000,000 years ago.

There was a really good show on History the other night, "Prehistoric Monsters" that is worth checking out. Its going to be repeated Saturday if you missed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Ya i mean the burmuda triangle, the ruins off the japanese coast, the caves in the aztec and myan cultures that are now under water, India has ruins, Russia has rumors of sunken citys its endless. It was deffinattly global. I like to think that we had a large water planet that existed where the astroid belt is now and it was destroyed, sending huge amounts of water onto earth :) In a war like the India texts talk about in the Bhagavad Gita. A simple flood is not intresting enough for me.

"There is no such thing as black magic, only cheap tricks." -Doctor Parnassus, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:51 am 
British Royal

People have always been coastal dwellers. There is no doubt many lost civilizations out there under water. Sadly, we probably won't be able to find any trace of them until the next ice age recedes water levels again.

I don't know why but lost information & cultures really pisses me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:12 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

vadersp wrote:
I don't know why but lost information & cultures really pisses me off.

Plus the stuff they know about and keep it secret for our own good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

That was weird. I'm trying to imagine why the coastline was so low. Did the ice melt and raise the ocean/sea level? If so, then the current Ireland coast line must have been a mountain range several hundred feet higher than that old submerged "prehistoric land".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

BishopLord wrote:
That was weird. I'm trying to imagine why the coastline was so low. Did the ice melt and raise the ocean/sea level? If so, then the current Ireland coast line must have been a mountain range several hundred feet higher than that old submerged "prehistoric land".

There's lots of good geological data on this. If you know how much water was locked up in glaciers on the continents you can calculate how much lower the sea level was. Most coastlines were hundreds of miles out in what is now ocean and some places, like the Caribbean and Indonesia, had extra continent-sized landmasses. And since there were modern-type humans around during the last ice age and humans seem to have a tendency to collect in civilizations and most civilizations develop in low lying river valleys and all of the low lying river valleys in the ice age are now under hundreds of feet of water... there most likely are drowned cities all over the world just waiting for archaeologists with scuba gear.