The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:55 pm 
First Time Caller Line

I was studying for an archeology exam this evening and noted that the current conventional Egyptologist view is that the Great Pyramid was built in 20 years by 84,000 people working 80 days per year. According to this view, these people set the 2,300,000 blocks of the pyramid, which averaged 2.5 tons each, in that time. According to my math, that means that the blocks had to be set at a rate of 60.104 seconds per block, if the builders worked 24 hours per day. I don't think this is even possible for beings with vastly superior technology.

I'd be really interested in reading any of your comments on this. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, duane.

I agree that contemporary archeology does seem pretty vague when it comes to how the pyramids were built.

Unfortunately, I think we are living in an era where the Egyptian gov't has a stranglehold on who gets to study the pyramids and what sort of access they have. And, I think the Egyptian gov't sees the Pyramids, et al, to be like their national legacy, so they have no interest in revealing anything that would suggest that they were created by means outside of the currently accepted methods.

Thankfully, I do think that this is one mystery that we will probably find out the truth about eventually. I just don't think that the world is ready for whatever the truth may be.

I'm not a huge proponent of the "alien" theory behind the pyramids. It could just be something as simple as the ancient Egyptians have vastly superior technology than they are currently attributed to having and to reveal that would really throw off the whole history of the human race, so it has to be kept under wraps.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:03 pm 
Shadow Person

Watch this IN SEARCH OF episode on CORAL CASTLE , it might open your eyes a little bit as to how it might have been done !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyH8ueCAsY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:28 pm 
First Time Caller Line

Mr. Binnall,
I greatly appreciate your response. However, I think that if it was known that the ancient Egyptians had superior technology, Zahi Hawass would have broadcast that on the front of the New York Times. I don't think that Hawass knows how it was done; I just think it's part of Egyptian nationalism. All of us need to have something of which to be proud. I think that the people in that epoch had a different concept of time and that something that took hundreds or thousands of years to build was fine with them. Today, we have instant gratification. It might have been different then. I'm just saying that the math totally destroys the modern conventional view. That is simply not possible. I don't care how many workers you have. I have questions about the ramps the Egyptologists theorize to transport the blocks up the pyramid as well. Have you ever tried to walk in wet sand? First of all, the Nile Valley isn't the wettest place on earth and how much water would it take to wet the ramps and it's simply not concrete that you can roll 2.5 blocks up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:54 pm 
First Time Caller Line

Mysteryman,
Even if you possessed the power of levitation, I don't think you could work at the speed which would have been required to complete the Great Pyramid in 20 years. It's the simple math of the problem that impresses me. How could Egyptologists have belived this for so long without checking the math?!? That's incredible!!!

If you wish to defend it, how do you cut the stones that quickly? How long would it take with a laser? Five to ten minutes, at least?

Love the discussion,
Duane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:56 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

check out Carmen Boulter. She's got some fascinating theories about the pyramids. she was recently on coast to coast am.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 am 
Shadow Person

duane639 wrote:
Mysteryman,
Even if you possessed the power of levitation, I don't think you could work at the speed which would have been required to complete the Great Pyramid in 20 years. It's the simple math of the problem that impresses me. How could Egyptologists have belived this for so long without checking the math?!? That's incredible!!!

If you wish to defend it, how do you cut the stones that quickly? How long would it take with a laser? Five to ten minutes, at least?

Love the discussion,
Duane

Who's to say it took 20 years ? It was sooooo long ago !!!!! lol The only way to find out the truth ,is to build a time machine and go back there !!! Don't think that's happening any time soon though !!! lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 pm 
Eleven Eleven Keyholder

duane639 wrote:
Mysteryman,

Love the discussion,
Duane

The problem isnt the math, its how you set up the problem. Its not 60 seconds to cut transport and place a single stone. It may take weeks to cut a stone, but you left out that many stones are being simultaneously cut and transported. It doesnt solve it completely, but it definitely allows more time per stone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:50 pm 
First Time Caller Line

Orthodox Egyptology is where the 20 years comes from.

Any math problem like that will produce an average of time per block. I agree that some may have taken longer and others shorter amount of time. I'm just saying that the current conventional wisdom is way wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:14 am 
First Time Caller Line

I thought I read somewhere once that at least one stone was found with a marking interpreted as "this way up" - If you wrap a rectangular stone with wood and make a wheel, it is pretty easy to move the stone up a ramp - compared with dragging it.

Not sure how much evidence there is, but it is pretty plausible. Behold. The wheel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:50 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Now if the whole damned pyramid was marked with a "this way up" arrow, THAT would be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:06 pm 
Hoagland-esque

I think that before you say that there was some sort of Occult or Esoteric skill in building the pyramids, you have to determine that the more typical methods were impossible, .. and even then .. you have to have more than just speculation. Speculation opens up new ideas but it doesn't actually prove anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:52 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Did anyone catch the TV show -- I think it was on NGC -- that talks about the French architect and his theory about the pyramid builders using an internal ramp? I don't know if it answers any of these questions, but it is certainly an interesting way to look at the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:00 pm 
Hoagland-esque

mstuartm wrote:
Did anyone catch the TV show -- I think it was on NGC -- that talks about the French architect and his theory about the pyramid builders using an internal ramp? I don't know if it answers any of these questions, but it is certainly an interesting way to look at the problem.

I remember hearing about that on Coast to Coast. Here's an article about it and a short video.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:25 pm 
Hoagland-esque

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Who's to say it took 20 years ? It was sooooo long ago !!!!! lol The only way to find out the truth ,is to build a time machine and go back there !!! Don't think that's happening any time soon though !!! lol

I agree completely. Those with "interesting" theories have just that, a handful of pixie dust and dreams. Now, you can actually do a LOT with that as long as you have a LOT of elbow grease and sweat to put into the mix. Otherwise, all you have is pixie dust.

All too many people, I believe, seem to want to look at the esoteric to see that there is some way around all the hard work that goes into creating anything.