The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: baby, it's cold outside
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:58 am 
Member of the Federal Reserve

so night before last, Sunday night, the "official" low was 26 - breaking the old record of 30! At my house, it was 22!

I got up the other morning (about 6:30) to use the restroom - didn't notice that I didn't hear the toilet tank refilling - but definitely noticed that there was no water in the sink - the supply had frozen!

right now, it's 35 outside. considerably better than Sunday night (the night my baby trees froze their little leaves off) - when before I retired, AND upon rising Monday morn, it was below freezing - brrrrrr

A client of mine told me that it was the first time in 21 years that the house water had frozen.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:55 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Yeah it's hell on the sinus' and allergies. The weather has been weird latley, although I don't think it has to do with the stuff Art Bell seems to think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:55 pm 
Merovingian

I think it has to do with La Nina, not global warming. The jet stream seems to have dipped. It was 17 degrees here the other night. Today it seems to have warmed up a bit, but we have another huge snow storm heading in on Friday.

I have to go into town tomorrow to stock up. The last huge snow storm had us pretty much trapped here for several days. They close the roads into town and that is even if you want to drive on them, which I didn't. It is a dirt road up to my house from the highway, it isn't cleared by the state, the neighbors normally do it, but we were all overwhelmed last time since we have never had that much snow to clear before. I have my fingeres crossed that this next storm won't be as bad as that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:47 pm 

Quote:
It was so cold that Toledo, Ohio -- 5 above zero at noon, up from 4 below -- even closed its outdoor ice rink. "The irony is not lost on us," said city spokesman Brian Schwartz.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:15 am 
Merovingian

Hard to say it's global warming here, we've had a much colder than normal winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 pm 

baemark wrote:
Hard to say it's global warming here, we've had a much colder than normal winter.

Well, every year the desert southwest is HOT, but the almanac shows that it's not really hotter or more sustained than at other time.

Winters get cold, too, but never colder, or for longer spells, that other times.

I'm willing to believe in "climate change", but I can see that there's a lot of "cyclical" to blame for it.

Still not believing that it's a good thing to dump all this crap in the air and water though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:15 pm 
Merovingian

Austin Nichols wrote:
Still not believing that it's a good thing to dump all this crap in the air and water though.

Or our lungs (cough..cough)