The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 113 in delhi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:51 am 
Bohemian Grove Member in Good Standing

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 947937.jpg

Residents of New Delhi dance in a swimming pool, at a water park, to beat the summer heat June 12, 2005. With the onset of summer, many parts of India are facing heat wave conditions with the day's maximum temperature crossing over 45 degree Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). REUTERS/Kamal Kishore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:03 pm 
Merovingian

Is it cyclical or man made? or a little of both??

We actually seem to be having cooler climate here in the Sonora Desert.

my front yard - - - see the windmill - - - those are to keep air flowing during frost

we have had a very wet year - - and are no longer in drought conditions

Post subject: Re: 113 in delhi
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:08 pm 
Member of the Federal Reserve

dark matter wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050612/ids_photos_wl/r543947937.jpg

Residents of New Delhi dance in a swimming pool, at a water park, to beat the summer heat June 12, 2005. With the onset of summer, many parts of India are facing heat wave conditions with the day's maximum temperature crossing over 45 degree Celsius (113 degrees Fahrenheit). REUTERS/Kamal Kishore

So what's the big deal? :?

Today in my neighborhood: :cool:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KNYL.html

:shock:

Quote:
Maximum and Minimum Temperatures
Maximum Temperature F (C) Minimum Temperature F (C)

113.0 (45.0) 102.0 (38.9) In the 6 hours preceding Jun 25, 2006 - 07:56 PM EDT / 2006.06.25 2356 UTC
8)

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:33 am 
Merovingian

It would be interesting though to compare the humidity levels of both places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:45 am 

baemark wrote:

For the last couple of days, it's been totally overcast and the official humidity level was 19%. Last night a storm rolled thru, lightning and thunder, and a pretty good spitting of rain. This morning is 87 degrees and 40%.

The power also went out twice, first time for two hours, second for four. The wife and I set in the dark, and cranked on the free play radio.

I've decided that 113 is a big deal. The power goes out. 100+ at midnignt with no a/c makes for crappy sleeping.

I hope this doesn't mean that our late summer monsoons have arrived early.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:05 pm 
Merovingian

Austin Nichols wrote:
baemark wrote:

For the last couple of days, it's been totally overcast and the official humidity level was 19%. Last night a storm rolled thru, lightning and thunder, and a pretty good spitting of rain. This morning is 87 degrees and 40%.

The power also went out twice, first time for two hours, second for four. The wife and I set in the dark, and cranked on the free play radio.

I've decided that 113 is a big deal. The power goes out. 100+ at midnignt with no a/c makes for crappy sleeping.

I hope this doesn't mean that our late summer monsoons have arrived early.

Ours arrived briefly last week, went south for a few days, but came back in full force Sunday night. They don't have clothes dryers here in Korea (I think they're illegal), so you have to hang your clothes up. The problem with that is the air is so humid, it takes several days just to dry a t-shirt! This means your laundry really gets backed up. Ugh!

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:12 pm 

baemark wrote:
Ours arrived briefly last week, went south for a few days, but came back in full force Sunday night. They don't have clothes dryers here in Korea (I think they're illegal), so you have to hang your clothes up. The problem with that is the air is so humid, it takes several days just to dry a t-shirt! This means your laundry really gets backed up. Ugh!

When my uncle (USMC-Ret) was in Okinawa, they kept lights on in the closet to keep the clothes dry and mildew free. ecchh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:37 pm 
Merovingian

Austin Nichols wrote:
baemark wrote:

When my uncle (USMC-Ret) was in Okinawa, they kept lights on in the closet to keep the clothes dry and mildew free. ecchh!

Good idea!! We have about 4 weeks straight of thick clouds and off and on rain. So mildew builds up pretty quick here, especially in the bathrooms that don't have windows or fans.