The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Season 8 suggestions?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:51 pm 
Merovingian

Hey Tim! I know you probably don't want the pressure of Season 8 so soon, but hey, I thought I'd start a thread anyways. :twisted:

This November will be the 50th Anniversary of the JFK assassination, so I'm thinking that if you were ever gong to do a full show on JFK, this would be your chance. I don't know if you have anything lined up, Jim Marrs of course is on of the foremost experts, but I would also suggest Jim DiEugenio. He helps run the website http://www.ctka.net/

There's also John Newman, Dick Russell and David Mantik.

As for other topics...

How about a show about Nikola Tesla? Or a show about the Mafia (yeah, that's vast but anything is okay).

I would also suggest Annie Jacobsen who wrote a really good book on Area 51 and she's a really great researcher.

How about Haitian Voodoo?

Anyways, you always have great shows and interesting guests, so no matter what you do, it will be awesome!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:40 am 
Site Admin

All great suggestions. Thanks, baemark! Glad to see you poking around the forum again.

It just dawned on me that I've never done a crop circle show either. Maybe that is one we'll do in Season 8.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 am 
Merovingian

Yeah, glad to be back. I'm trying to stop in now and again. I'm just wondering what happened to my avatar? I can't find the picture I used to use. I'm sure I have it on some drive somewhere, but who knows where that drive is!

You haven't done anything on crop circles yet? Yeah, I guess you're right.

Do you have plans for an NSA or spying or anything like that type of show since it's in the news these days?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 am 
First Time Caller Line

I suggest Albert Budden as a possible guest, knowing that his name is usually greeted with either puzzlement or silence whenever it is mentioned on message boards.

There is very little mentioned online about his research into the abduction experience as a byproduct of EMF overexposure. He takes Persinger's research and actually applies it to cases by reinvestigating "abductions" and their contexts. He also follows some fascinating theoretical avenues about humans interacting with EMF to create physical, tulpa-esque manifestations.

I'm not sure why his name is met with indifference in the UFO community -- maybe his ideas are not simple enough for believers or debunkers to contend with. Or, maybe they view him as crazy. Or, maybe people just have not read his work.

Whatever the case, it would be fascinating to hear you interview this author, Mr. Binnall.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:32 am 
Classic C2C Prognosticator

Brian Kannard has written a book speculating that John Steinbeck, author of Grapes of Wrath, was actually working for the CIA in the 1950's. Surprisingly, he's based this on fact. He wrote a FOIA request and got a letter from steinbeck to the CIA chief, offering his services- and a letter from the CIA chief accepting!

http://www.steinbeckcitizenspy.com/

I'm a big fan of spy fiction and fact.

My dream BoA episode:

Tennant Bagley.
http://www.amazon.com/Spy-Wars-Moles-My ... 055&sr=1-2

This guy was a CIA counterintelligence operative, and protege of James Jesus Angleton. His book, spy wars is a truly mind-bending tale concerning a KGB defector who arrived just after the JFK asassination seemingly with the intent of clearing the Soviets of any involvement... but there were holes in his story... Perhaps the best part of the book is his recapitulation of the history of the KGB starting with WWII 'radio games', and previous to that, creation of controlled opposition groups to pre-empt potential opposition to the Soviet Regime.

His new book is: Spymaster: Revelations of a Soviet KGB Chief, includes the stories of the uncovering of the 'berlin tunnel', the quelling of the Prague Spring, and the final resting place of Hitler's corpse.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:59 pm 
First Time Caller Line

I don't know if it's too late to suggest guests and topics for season 8, but here are a few suggestions. You could always use them as suggestions for season 9.

1. Dowsing. It's a topic not often mentioned in esoterica. Is it too mainstream perhaps?

2. Bob Lazar
. A show about him (or maybe even with him!) would be very interesting. I haven't heard anything from him since 2009 (i think), so an update on what he's up to today would be great.

3. Crop circles. I think Tim mentioned that he's never done a show about crop circles. Maybe it's time for one in season 8 or 9?

4. Remote viewing. There was a show on BoA a few years ago about "PSI-spies" or something like that. I've always thought that it's an interesting topic since it was adopted by the CIA and the Soviets.

5. Astrology. What is it really, and what's the explanation for why it "works"? It would be interesting to hear someone who's knowledgeable about astrology explain what the fundamental principles are, and how it's supposed to work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:22 pm 
Classic C2C Prognosticator

Tila Tequila. Do it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Definitely interested in potential guests / topics for the rest of Season 8. We've still got over 20 episodes to go, so there is a lot of ground to cover.

Thank you for the reminder about crop circles. It's definitely a topic I want to cover on the show. As a completist, I am surprised we haven't done a show about them yet. Ditto for astrology, dowsing, and remote viewing.

Bob Lazar is a tough nut to crack. He's reticent to do interviews at all anymore, but I could always try and see if he'd be down with doing a show.

Someday, maybe, I'll interview Tila Tequila. She should like she's gone off the rails in a major way, which means she's perfect for the show.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:40 am 
Hoagland-esque

I'd like to reiterate my request for Dr. Michael S. Heiser.

His blog: http://michaelsheiser.com/UFOReligions/

Fascinating, unpigeonholeable personality and scholar.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:23 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Dowsing. Now that's intriguing. Not sure who the expert might be heck maybe even a compilation of multiple interviews? A rich history to draw from that's for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:16 pm 
First Time Caller Line

Harry Jordan. He is an accomplished high school architecture teacher at a Jesuit Prep School. His place of work's main switchboard phone number is 402 393 1190.

For just an introduction of his angle of view please check out this link: http://www.examiner.com/article/local-t ... vilization

excerpted here --

"Creighton prep architecture instructor Harry Jordan believes that civilizations rise and fall and come and go. On earth there is an abundance of evidence for this."In ancient Greek classics there are references to robots and to Jason and the Argonauts. The Mayans talked about planetary harmonics which some scholars suggest could have been a reference to radio astronomy. And when Jesuit missionaries were sent to Christianize the Mayans, many simply returned back home because they were so frightened by the high technology they encountered," he said. "Americans need to be informed about what did or could have happened. We shouldn't be kept in the dark by intellectual celebacy or a misguided sense of national security. We need to know who or what could be leading us to the slaughter again," he added.

Jordan knows what he is talking about. He holds an MFA from the famous Cranbeck Academy of Bloomfield Hills , Michigan-an institution started by Ero and Elisle Saarinen who designed the St. Louis Arch. While living in Rome, he did excavation drawings for a museum there and this helped him to more keenly distinguish between manmade and natural landscapes. "I became in all this back in 1985 when I saw a UPI story in the Omaha World-Herald about a photo of a face on Mars. Having been in the Navy, I realized that you can see artifacts easily if you have some previous experience for doing this, say, as a pilot," Jordan explained. "After initial phone contact, I was directed to Richard C. Hoagland, principal associate of the Independent Mars Project Investigation Team. I was asked if I would be interested in generating recognition work in the form of drawings illustrating patterns at the Cydonia Region of Mars. I was further informed that this exercise was part of a recognition pattern experiment to provide further data for this investigation. I was asked to draw whatever I felt was interesting or curious in two NASA Viking photos."

Jordan formerly served in the US Navy's Operation Intelligence Division on the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt. Radar intelligence data and electronics experience gained in the Navy combined with his architectural background eventually provided objective confirmation of initials findings of the Mars Investigation Team totally independent of their controlled scientific group. When he received the NASA frames, Jordan began drawing overlays of the entire Cydonia Region from enlarged mainframe photo-mosaics produced by White's Color Center of Omaha. Owner Warren White and associate John McIntyre produced the first 5'x3' mainframe enlargements in the country of the Cydonia Region. White had previous Air Force photo experience.

The drawings Jordan then made were done from direct overlays of orthographically corrected NASA frames enllarged by Warren White."I generated several recognition drawings over a five year period," Jordan pointed out."I was to draw the pattern I saw in them. I associated patterns with what I saw in the photos. And I could tell they were patterns of man-made objects. They were so very similar to what I had seen in Turkey, Greece, and other places I had visited."

To more easily create surface features, Jordan even constructed a three-dimensional model. It clarified what he had suspected and later correlated with mathematical and computer findings. Using mathematical data available to him, Jordan calculated that a mound on Mars was similar to the Druid mounds of England. "If you wanted to leave a message in mathematics that would replicate life form, you would construct a mound of this type," Jordan concluded. Unlike Dan Rather who saw the same information and could only imagine a litter box for his cat, Jordan took his expertise and saw far more-and also possibly into the past and future of the human race!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:40 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

It's Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook. And he sounds like an interesting :mrgreen:
Did this guy "Find" most of the Cydonia stuff RCH has been trumpeting for years?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:30 pm 
First Time Caller Line

I don't think he claims to have found it by himself. He works collaboratively with a group. I believe he has worked with, among others, Richard Hoagland and retired physics professor John "Jack" Kasher. I have heard him speak and also read about him and read some interviews. He makes a compelling case, as his angle of view and analysis is strikingly objective--based on substantial photographic evidence. Then the analysis resting on the photographs is all mathematical and architectural. Objective stuff. At bottom, there is actual evidence backing up his views and his take is compelling.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Oddly enough, I had someone recommend Jack Kasher a few months ago, so I will look into all of this and see what and who I can dig up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:07 am 
First Time Caller Line

I'd like to hear you interview Dale Drinnon, the guy that writes Frontiers of Anthropology.

Jim