The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9.9.14: Loren Coleman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

MP3s, Streaming Audio linkage, and update Podcast Feed online now. Enjoy!

http://www.binnallofamerica.com/boaa090914.html

Loren Coleman
Twilight Language, the Copycat Effect, & Cryptozoology
2 hours, 5 Minutes

Esoteric icon Loren Coleman returns to BoA:Audio for a fast-paced and remarkably diverse conversation covering twilight language and the copycat effect as well as the latest happenings in the world of cryptozoology.

In the first half, covering the twilight language and copycat effect, we discuss the Trident meme, school shootings and suicide clusters, the synchromysticism of Zooey Deschanel, Slenderman, the Smiley Face killings, the Peter Pan cult, Black Eyed Kids, and the media coverage of tragedies. In the latter half, which focuses on cryptozoology, we talk about the work of Dr. Bryan Sykes, Bigfoot going mainstream, women as ideal Bigfoot field researchers, Jeff Meldrum's drone project, the government and Bigfoot, the Orang Pendek and a whole lot more.

Highlights: We begin by getting an update on the latest happenings at the International Cryptozoology Museum as well as Loren's health scare from this past Spring. We then move into discussing Loren's extensive research into the 'twilight language' and we talk about his concern for a potential event during the window of September 9th to 11th. This turns to talk of school shootings and suicide clusters, specifically the rise in suicides following the death of Robin Williams. We also get Loren's take on the odd popularity of the Sandy Hook 'Truth Movement.'

Loren then provides the listeners with some suggestions on what sort of 'twilight language' insights to look for when watching the evening news. This segues into some talk about the synchromystical nature of actress Zooey Deschanel and her various 'twilight language' connnections. We then reflect on the rise in weird kidnapping as well as beheading stories. Loren then takes us through the rhythm of news coverage and how events like school shootings have an ebb and flow of coverage.

Next we talk about the rash of Slenderman stories in recent months and what that might mean for future events. Following that, we get Loren's opinion on the Smiley Face murders which leads to him talking about the terrifying Peter Pan cult activity that is truly unsettling. We also touch on the latest big craze in esoterica: Black Eyed Kids and get Loren's take on that intriguing subject. Wrapping up the twilight language discussion, we find out how Loren finds the time to balance both his cryptozoology and synchromysticism research.

Diving into cryptozoology in the second half of the conversation, we start by having Loren react to the work of Dr. Bryan Sykes and what it means for cryptozoology. He also details how the Melba Ketchum project affected Sykes' work. Then we reflect on the surprising rise in popularity for Bigfoot in the last ten years as the creature has gone from a cult interest to a more mainstream topic. We also revisit Loren's previous suggestion that women would make ideal Bigfoot field researchers since their pheremones would likely be less off-putting to the creature.

Looking at other big stories from the last few years in cryptozoology, we talk about Jeff Meldrum's proposed Bigfoot-searching drone, get the latest on that project and whether it has any potential for netting serious insights into the creature or, possibly, capturing it. We also touch on an upcoming African conference on relic hominoids and Loren's attempt to raise funds to attend the event. Loren shares some stories from government officials who had potential encounters with Bigfoot. Touching on some other topics, we get Loren's take on David Paulides' Missing 411 work as well as Adam Davies' quest to prove the existence of the Orang Pendek.

Heading towards the close, we talk about the remarkable number of Bigfoot related TV shows over the last few years, specifically the Bigfoot bounty program as well as the double-edged sword of 'stars' being created from these television shows. Closing out the conversation, we find out what's next for Loren Coleman and, briefly, discuss the downfall of the Boston Red Sox this past baseball season.

This interview was recorded LIVE on 9/9/2014.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:25 am 
Rense Guest

If I understand things correctly, "synchromysticism" means looking at everything you see around you can be connected by synchronistic means – especially things like pop culture. Isn't that just like playing "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" but using everything you see around you?

Does Coleman really believe that he can predict coming events by doing this?

I mean the problem with stuff like this is that it suffers heavily from confirmation bias – i.e. when he tries to find "what's gonna happen next" he looks for the signs that he is interested in – and tries to find them in the "information-pool" he has access to. Now, considering he has the entire internet at his disposal, Coleman's pool is pretty big and he can always find synchronistic material that supports his world-view.

And when it comes to the events that he "predicts" – to an outside observer it sure looks like he's cherry-picking from the news of the world, trying to find a story that fits his predictions.

I mean, anyone can do this and get any result that they want as long as they make sure to look for news items that confirm their predictions. If you have all the news stories in the world to pick from, I'm sure you can find something that fits.

To me, it sounds like someone taking a Rorschach test – you see what you are inclined to see, right? :?

PS. Just so I don't forget: Great interview – as always! DS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:46 am 
Site Admin

93Gnosis wrote:
Does Coleman really believe that he can predict coming events by doing this?

Well, he pretty much nailed the Aurora shooting. This blog post sums it up as well as other predictions he's made: http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-predicted-aurora.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:51 am 
Rense Guest

binnall wrote:
Well, he pretty much nailed the Aurora shooting. This blog post sums it up as well as other predictions he's made: http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-predicted-aurora.html

Yeah, that sounds pretty impressing – at least if seen by itself. But what I would really like to know is how many predictions does Coleman do, and do they always come true? And when they come true, is it clear that the event was exactly what he was predicting … or are the predictions only apparent in hindsight? And how many predictions is it that don't come true?

Anyway – I'm gonna read his blog. I really hope he's not just "carpetbombing" it with synchronicities and predictions and symbols, because if so, then he (or anyone else) can just cherry-pick the stuff from the blog that fits into current events from around the world (ignoring the stuff that don't fit in). I hope that's not the case and that he is the real deal. 8)

And finally: I know really sound like a debunker in the post above. :oops: It's not my intention, I just want to keep healthy dose of skepticism when looking at claims like this. It just so happens that there have been alot of predictions through the centuries that look impressive when taken out of context, but quickly lose their shine when examined ("The Bible Code" is a great example, same goes for "Pyramidology" and the "Mayan Calendar" et al.). I really hope no-one takes offence.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:46 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Loren Coleman is one of the good guys, IMHO, and there aren't many of them out there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Here's more on Loren's prognostications: http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2014/09/copycat-effect-2014.html