The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 am 
First Time Caller Line

Not sure if this fits into the paranormal at all, at this point. But it's a strong possibility in my mind, and it's definitely an unknown for the most part.

In this case, a 'tulpa' is defined essentially as a developed mental construct that may or may not develop its own personality. In most cases, but it seems like not all, completely dependent on 'host mind' to sustain it.

To get some small idea of what's been going on in this area of study/practice, here's a good thread on r/tulpas

http://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/comments ... o_explain/

So far, from what I've learned about this:

1. It works.
2. Some have reported increased memory recall.
3. In most cases, visually it is like a sustained hallucination.

What I'm talking about here, is basically an imaginary friend made on purpose, by an adult mind. It could be anything.

Is this healthy? I don't know, but it seems to be harmless and non-invasive in almost all cases I've heard about. And people say they're happier.

Does this potentially tie in with things like "poltergeists/ghosts", or any aspect of the paranormal? In my opinion, somewhere in there, yes. But don't know yet. Only got one response positive when I asked if the 'tulpas' ever moved objects or were able to physically touch them or others.

I'm curious if this is more because of the widely held belief that it is purely psychological phenomena, and if 'tulpamancers' were more open to their little friends being able to cause things to happen, it might happen more often.

And one person told me privately about a tulpa finding out some information that the 'host' wasn't privy to, but I couldn't get them to elaborate beyond that. Could be nothing, really.

Some questions are also answered in the thread, so check it out, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:34 pm 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Harvey the rabbit in the movie was a tulpa wasn't he?

Alexandra David Neel created one when she was studying Buddhism in Tibet.

The Philip case is a classic too.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:59 pm 
First Time Caller Line

I'm mostly just shocked at how many people are actively doing this. A lot of them are keeping us informed as well over on the subreddit, and on a few other places.

They also talk about maintained inner wonderlands, which actually is something I've done in the past, mainly together with a friend.