The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The smiling man
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 am 
First Time Caller Line

So this story seems to be getting momentum on the net, kinda like the black eyed kids did a few years ago... and similar to how other stories started in Internet forums.

I'll spare another wall of text and link you to them... Creepy stuff.. the Smiling Man

Original story ~1 year ago

Follow up I caught today

See comments for more, they even mention a short film and stuff.. (haven't looked at it yet tho)

Cheers

EDIT: So the 2nd post was removed for some reason but there's a subreddit entirely dedicated to TSM here.

Last edited by Orb Override on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The smiling man
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:46 pm 
Hoagland-esque

totally freaky, man. How come these weird beings never seem to harm anyone though--gnomes, the harlequin, shadow people, the smiling man, black-eyed kids? any stories of actual harm or death coming to anyone as a result of an encounter? that's been substantiated?

Post subject: Re: The smiling man
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:47 am 
First Time Caller Line

Exactly, that's weird, I've never ever heard of any stories in which any of these entities harm anybody directly... Sometimes there are variations to the stories in which you'll get bad luck/misfortune but never actual harm or death. If they do exist why would they do that, to feed off from fear? And how exactly does that work for them?

I do happen to remember one story on radio about a guy who talked about two apparitions (women) on a road that were killed by a reckless driver. Supposedly these ghosts would appear on the same road, at night, and would jump at the cars to try to make drivers lose control (apparently as a form of vengeance). This guy actually claimed he ended up in a wheelchair because he tried to avoid running over them, and after the accident they "lived with him" and he could see them in mirrors. Creepy stuff, hehe..