The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:42 pm 
Bohemian Grove Member in Good Standing

Just out of curiousity. What is the difference between empathy, feeling others emotions and having the ability to read minds?

I have a friend who claims to feel others feelings and emotions and cannot turn off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:00 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

You pretty much described it yourself. One being reading emotions, the other thoughts. I would far rather be an empath, because emotions are much more telling and truthful, than a persons thoughts, which can more easily be contrived. Emotions are base, primal, and less likely to be false.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:10 am 

Degataga wrote:
You pretty much described it yourself. One being reading emotions, the other thoughts. I would far rather be an empath, because emotions are much more telling and truthful, than a persons thoughts, which can more easily be contrived. Emotions are base, primal, and less likely to be false.

Interesting insight. I never thought of it that way. Emotions often run over reason. Very insightful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:54 pm 
Merovingian

Oh Gawd! I am such an empath. I am so influenced by my surroundings and people - - its enough to make you crazy.

Having had various experiences since birth - - and growing up in an insane chaotic family - - without any support to help me understand what was going on - - I actually considered suicide at 9 years old.

A "voice" came to me - - and said - "If you are on the bottom - Up is the only direction" - - that is when I began to fight for my independence and stability.

Some people try to have crazy adventurous lives - - I tried to have a normal ordinary life - - marriage - kids - stay at home mom etc. But apparently the forces of the universe had other ideas - - I've had a wide range of work and personal experiences that I have learned from.

Now I own my own business and my surroundings are peaceful. I am just now understanding and being aware of how much outside forces affect me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:13 pm 

I disagree about the definition you present.
Empathy doesn't really involve being influenced. It is the ability to feel, or understand a position, feeling, and or emotion of another person. That doesn't make you crazy, just more understanding. Being influenced is closer to susceptability, or at it's worst, gullibility. That would certainly make you crazy, or unidentifiable as an individual personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 pm 
Merovingian

Whatever - - - I Live it. My experiences are real - - I am both a transmitter and a receiver. (by the way it is great for picking up guys)

You can personaly define it anyway you choose.

But - here is an official definition - - that is RIGHT ON (discovering you are an Empath and learning to control it takes time and patients):

4. Empathy- Ability to control or feel other's emotions, or send others your emotions. For and empath on a day of little balance they could broadcast their emotions to others. In some cases they would be in a cheerful mood and thus everyone around them is also in that pleasant mood and respond pleasantly to the empath. On occasions when the empath is upset to angry the entirety of the people surrounding them would become overwhelmed by this emotion and act out at others including the empath. Empathic suggestion fit's normally in this same package, for they are suggesting others how to feel and feel towards them.

If you take emotions from others as in you feel them just as strongly as they feel them then your gift is out of control. This is a normal response when empathic gifts are off balanced. If you “take” others emotions as in you absorb it from them, then you have a sub-form of empathy and that can be resolved or better controlled if you find out why you have such a need to consume. It is usually from a sub-conscious psychological need such as a need for power, love or money. Keep in mind the ability to absorb the emotional pain of others is a noble gift. You are the one who decides how to use it, but I only condone nobility. (1)Alternative Information (2)Alternative Definition and Technique (3)Alternative Definition and Techniques.

Channels for empathy can either be presented as receivable, transmittable or both. Either the empath receives emotion from other sources or people or they transmit the emotion. At another level empaths can both receive and transmit emotion which is done subconsciously, but takes dedication to control consciously on command. To tell if you are input or output based, or both, most use weight distribution to measure. Emotion itself does have weight and thus if you can heighten your sensitivity levels through meditation or by what ever means then you can decipher whether the emotion is coming or going. If the emotion comes to you then you are obviously a receiver. If the emotion withdraws from you then you are obviously a transmitter. If you sense both aspects then you are certainly both a transmitter of emotion and receiver.
When you receive or send emotion to or from another you and the individual are currently emitting the same frequency. They may not be able to notice the transmittions unless they are quite sensitive themselves, but there is a probability.

Last edited by Oscar on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:47 pm 

Oscar wrote:
In some cases they would be in a cheerful mood and thus everyone around them is also in that pleasant mood and respond pleasantly to the empath. On occasions when the empath is upset to angry the entirety of the people surrounding them would become overwhelmed by this emotion and act out at others including the empath.

I didn't realize it could work throuh the typed word, but yes, that does sound very much like you. Interesting. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:48 pm 
Merovingian

Degataga - - - - this board is not a game of One-Up-Manship - - it is not a competition.

I like you - I like your intelligence - I love that a young person is not apathetic.

But you are young and idealistic - - something I was for a minute in my 20s.

Idealism is a nice word - - - real life is not.

With my life experiences - - - it is understandable I am not going to think the same as you - - or from your age level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:05 pm 

I under stand that, and I'm not in any sort of competition. I'm not sure what gave you that idea.
I simply meant that I can see how your mood has an effect on others, confirming your claim of being empathic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:29 pm 

Oscar wrote:
Oh Gawd! I am such an empath. I am so influenced by my surroundings and people - - its enough to make you crazy.

Having had various experiences since birth - - and growing up in an insane chaotic family - - without any support to help me understand what was going on - - I actually considered suicide at 9 years old.

A "voice" came to me - - and said - "If you are on the bottom - Up is the only direction" - - that is when I began to fight for my independence and stability.

Some people try to have crazy adventurous lives - - I tried to have a normal ordinary life - - marriage - kids - stay at home mom etc. But apparently the forces of the universe had other ideas - - I've had a wide range of work and personal experiences that I have learned from.

Now I own my own business and my surroundings are peaceful. I am just now understanding and being aware of how much outside forces affect me

I think the "chaotic" family is part of it. Could you elaborate? I don't really understand this part.

As for picking up guys you must elaborate. That is funny.

And I wish everyone stop arguing. Let hold hands and sing "I Jammin" by Bob Marley. And what about poor Timmy, the poor child cannot take all this fighting, it is not good for his development.

Last edited by dark matter on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:56 pm 
Merovingian

"chaotic" family is part of what??

I've had psychic experiencs since birth - - being am empath has always been part of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:12 pm 

Oscar wrote:
"chaotic" family is part of what??

I've had psychic experiencs since birth - - being am empath has always been part of it.

Ah gottca. That is what I get for multitasking. Did one of you parents have a history of depression?

Also, I need to hear this picking up the opposite sex with empathic powers.

Post subject: ladies
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:25 pm 

Ladies.. lets forgot our differences.. here take a hit. All this fighting plays into Mordor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:11 pm 
Merovingian

When did I mention depression? There was confusion because of the psychic experiences and picking up emotions all around me - - but confusion is not depression.

My mom was psychic too - - I've heard it runs in families. But for some reason she never told me until I was grown.

I was raised kind of like Hippies before they were. I was raised with almost total freedom - - no rules - - and freedom of mind and spirit.

The only hard part was developing discipline for living in a structured world.

About the picking up boys. You mentally/energy lasso them (you throw your energy out and wrap it around them) - then real them in - - while sending telepathic messages to their brain. It works every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:16 pm 

Oscar wrote:

About the picking up boys. You mentally lasso them -

or, in most cases, simply be a breathing female. For some guys, the breathing seems optional. :roll:
More and more, it seems the female part is also.