The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:12 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I just made an inquiry into attending the National Press Club event with Robert Salas and Bob Hastings concerning UFOs and nuclear faclities to occurr on Sept 27th and was told that it was "restricted" to members of the press.

Why? If you are going to have your event at such a public forum then why restrict access? They are promoting this event all over facebook, why not let the public in and per haps a few bloggers, it would certainly get your message out.

Have Mr Salas or Mr Hastings ever held an event at the NPC? If they had they would know that hosting an event there does not guaruntee that the press will swarm and cover your event. There have been many many events I've seen at the NPC that were only attended by a handful of press. Also seems contrary to the notion of shining a light on the subject of government coverups when public access is restricted.

That is just one of the events that I feel I've been shut out. The other is a conference in Va Beach at the Edgar Cayce ARE center called 'Hidden Realms: UFOs, Crop Circles, ET Encounters'. I grew up in Va Beach and I've never seen Stan Friedman talk, I'd really like to, I think Bill Birnes is also speaking at this event and I wouldn't mind seeing him too. I looked on the event website and they are charging $318 to attend. I'm sorry, with the economy the way that it is, I just don't have that kind of money to shell out. I don't think I could justify spending that much money on a conference even if I had the money.

Is it all just egos and money making schemes in ufology now a days? Don't answer that, the question itself has become cliched.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Three words, bud - Exeter UFO Festival ... free event ... Friedman, Robbins, Imbrogno, Binnall

You're more than welcome to come up as press or as a 'civilian.'

http://www.exeterufofestival.com

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

binnall wrote:
Three words, bud - Exeter UFO Festival ... free event ... Friedman, Robbins, Imbrogno, Binnall

I've been thinking about it. It's kind of far from where I am in Virginia. May take a train up, I have an aunt in the Boston area, wouldn't mind checking out Salem as well.

I'm going to backtrack on the National Press Club thing, I've just been in contact with Salas and Hastings regarding the NPC event, it seems that they are genuinely putting this thing together on a shoestring budget. So I kind of jumped the gun on my assessment of what is going on there and I retract my statements regarding that. Still, they should allow some bloggers, which in my opinion are the life blood of the UFO community. In any event, they said they could get a bigger room for $500, if anybody is interested, I'll chip in as well.