The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:20 am 
First Time Caller Line

I saw my first UFO at age 13, before I’d ever heard of UFO’s or had any notion of them at all. It was a solid silver metallic craft, a disk about 30 feet in diameter, obviously under intelligent control, and only 200 yards from me. It was absolutely real. I could see a slight vapor coming off the leading edge of it and hear it splitting the air.

Had it landed I could have walked up and touched it.

I like what I can see and touch and verify for myself. What I don’t so much like is when ufology takes this ridculous left turn off in to spirituality, mysticism, psychic phenomena, channeling and so forth. To me this smacks of pure bunk put out there by people with some serious identity issues and who have a need to draw attention to themselves as someone special.

I run into this all the time online, and I automatically discount the credibility of those spewing this pablum. I am not prepared to believe such people as Nancy Leider, (Zeta Talk) who claims to be channeling messages from aliens on Zeta Reticuli who will conveniently only talk to her, and charging suckers money for it.

Nor do I take seriously at all those who claim to be in psychic contact with aliens, and somehow are therefore spiritually superior to the rest of us, having special knowledge of ET’s plans for the earth and mission here, and communicating that to the rest of us.

I’m interested in physical evidence period. Show me the ship, submit the video or photos for analysis, and let’s see the trace evidence if any. In short, be able to prove something and don’t give me this nebulous mystical baloney, because it’s obvious BS and it’s what so discredits ufology with the intelligent public and gives rise the the giggle factor.

I used to take Steven Greer seriously until he went off track that way, and then I found out he lied about having briefed a sitting CIA director.

I used to think there was something to Robert Dean’s stories, until his wife started charging money for UFO and alien contact seminars, and both she and Robert claimed to have lived previous lives in ancient Sumeria.

Now I’m seeing this same kind of bovine effluent coming from David Wilcock on his Divine Cosmos website, and similar junk being spewed by his contemporaries with Project Camelot.

I regard David Icke as an obvious profiteer exploiting the public’s credulity, and Bill Ryan strikes me as just another street person out of Haight Ashbury with an over the top rap designed to impress and suck people in.

Serious science I respect and pay attention to. Hard physical evidence and credible, verifiable photo/video evidence I respect, but not this mystical/spiritual/psychic crap.

I’ve seen the craft, more than once, and it was obvious they were not ours. I know they are here, whoever they are, and I have no doubt about that. I believe they are extraterrestrials.

What I don’t believe are all the nutbars who would have us believe they have some unverifiable special relationship with them or knowledge of them based on some spiritual or psychic connection and cultivating a cult of personality around themselves.

Stanton Friedman I can take seriously. Nancy Leider? Give me a break!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:25 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

I too saw a ufo when I was 10 or 11. It was an egg shaped object that hovered before taking off at an unbelievable speed. I have thought a lot about ufos since then and the only conclusion I can come up with is that I have no idea what these things are.

While I agree that there are many profiteers in the field of the paranormal I don't have enough faith in the research of the "nuts and bolts" community either. Anyone who claims to know what is going on strikes me as someone who is either a.) a charlatan or b.) delusional. The people in this field I respect the most are the ones that don't have the answers but are willing to look at all possibilities.

Are ufos holograms? Interdimensional beings? ETs? Humans from the future? Not to get too deep but do we even really understand what reality is? At one time I thought I knew what all of this was but the more I think the less I know. When I really think about this stuff I always get this overwhelming feeling that we're not supposed to know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 pm 
First Time Caller Line

jboston wrote:
I too saw a ufo when I was 10 or 11. It was an egg shaped object that hovered before taking off at an unbelievable speed. I have thought a lot about ufos since then and the only conclusion I can come up with is that I have no idea what these things are.

While I agree that there are many profiteers in the field of the paranormal I don't have enough faith in the research of the "nuts and bolts" community either. Anyone who claims to know what is going on strikes me as someone who is either a.) a charlatan or b.) delusional. The people in this field I respect the most are the ones that don't have the answers but are willing to look at all possibilities.

Are ufos holograms? Interdimensional beings? ETs? Humans from the future? Not to get too deep but do we even really understand what reality is? At one time I thought I knew what all of this was but the more I think the less I know. When I really think about this stuff I always get this overwhelming feeling that we're not supposed to know.

Gosh I don't know either, I can only tell you what I saw, and I have no idea what it was, other than what it appeared to physically be as I can describe it, and I'm not inclined to read anything into it beyond that. I do know that I received no telepathic impressions from it, no spiritual experience of any kind and I was not abducted... that I remember.

It just flew on past and that was that.

Do we understand what reality is? I suppose we understand some of what we are able to discern with our senses, but as we have learned there is a awful lot beyond the range of our senses, and certainly a lot beyond our comprehension, so ultimate reality is quite beyond us when you get right down to it.

I guess that's our limits defining our place in the universe to a certain extent, but it doesn't hurt to try and exceed our limits, as long as we are honest about the results of our efforts.