Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Cue cheesy jokes and whatnot ...

Quote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32659678/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?gt1=43001

TOKYO - Japan's next prime minister might be nicknamed "the alien," but it's his wife who claims to have had a close encounter with another world.

"While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus," Miyuki Hatoyama, the wife of premier-in-waiting Yukio Hatoyama, wrote in a book published last year.

"It was a very beautiful place and it was really green."

Yukio Hatoyama is due to be voted in as premier on Sept. 16 following his party's crushing election victory over the long-ruling Liberal Democratic Party Sunday.

Miyuki, 66, described the extraterrestrial experience, which she said took place some 20 years ago, in a book entitled "Very Strange Things I've Encountered."

(More on the story @ the link)

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:57 am 
Shadow Person

They don't call Japan The land of the gods for nothing ! lol.

Last edited by MYSTERYMAN on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 am 
Merovingian

I was reading this last night and thought of the USofE! I decided I'd come over for brief visit. Yeah, I'm sure the late night comedians will get a lot of mileage out of this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

Yeah, I mean, who hasn't been to Venus yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:11 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

She also says that she knew Tom Cruise in a previous life (where he was Japanese) and that she "eats the sun".

Reason #150 that Japan is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:31 pm 
Merovingian

Baemark! Nice to see you here again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 am 
Merovingian

lesley wrote:

Thanks, Lesley. Nice to see you again, too. How have you been?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:32 am 
Merovingian

baemark wrote:
lesley wrote:

Thanks, Lesley. Nice to see you again, too. How have you been?

Ya know, pretty good, all and all. Has everything been OK with you? Hopefully you have only been ignoring us because you have been busy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:03 pm 
Merovingian

I've just been really busy. My kids are now at that age where they need more attention from daddy and I've had to do a lot of studying and test taking for my job. I'm just trying to get better at time management because I enjoy the forum so much but it got to the point where it was taking too much of my time. Now, maybe I can do a new routine and still interact here without taking up too much time.

I have some friends who used to live in your neck of the woods, they call it one step from hell. I've always got the impression that you love it there, is that correct? Or is it truly one step from hell?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:41 pm 
Merovingian

baemark wrote:
I've just been really busy. My kids are now at that age where they need more attention from daddy and I've had to do a lot of studying and test taking for my job. I'm just trying to get better at time management because I enjoy the forum so much but it got to the point where it was taking too much of my time. Now, maybe I can do a new routine and still interact here without taking up too much time.

I have some friends who used to live in your neck of the woods, they call it one step from hell. I've always got the impression that you love it there, is that correct? Or is it truly one step from hell?

I guess it depends on the person. Really not sure why someone would think it was one step from hell. Although, I suppose if you are looking for a great paying job or something like that it might be. I have known people who hate it here because they got trapped. They loved it here and wanted to live here and then got stuck working for min wage and couldn't get out. It can't be that bad though or all these people would stop moving here, which I would love. In fact, hopefully your friends will continue to tell people it is one step from hell and scare people away. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:09 pm 
Merovingian

It's always like that. Some people really a love a certain place, others really hate it. It's a good thing we have such a big country that you can choose to live in so many places. I know what you mean about people moving in. Where I live, the housing collapse has been good, it's given the few horse properties and farms a new lease on life - until the economy pics back up I'm sure.