The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Dreadful episode.

I knew, right from the start, when they did a "dramatic re-enactment" of the infamous March 22nd, 1989 trip out to Area 51 by Bob Lazar & company. On MysteryQuest, they said that it was just Lazar & John Lear, when it's pretty well known that it was Lazar, Lear, Gene Huff, and, I believe, Lazar's wife at the time. Once I saw that at the beginning of the episode, I knew it was going to be garbage, because they either didn't investigate the story very well or deliberately told a wrong version of the story for dramatic effect.

The only bright side was seeing John Lear on the show, which was fun. Otherwise, it was a totally skippable episode.

MysteryQuest needs to stick to real, simple, mysteries and avoid these overarching super-mysteries that would require a whole series to cover.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:46 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

Does John Lear have anything to say on the recent moon bombing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:34 am 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Another show I started to watch but soon turned off.
As for bombing the moon. What gives with these people? It's time to bring everything out, do away with the overt govt space program and get things re-organized.
Think of the money we could put into re-design and repair of infrastructure. In addition we would have all the energy options evolve into everyday use. Just think of the incredible jump in recycling businesses alone!
You never can get all your ducks in a row, never, and we have no more time to waste thinking our way through all the eventualities.

Last edited by cns on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 pm 
Merovingian

binnall wrote:
Dreadful episode.

I knew, right from the start, when they did a "dramatic re-enactment" of the infamous March 22nd, 1989 trip out to Area 51 by Bob Lazar & company. On MysteryQuest, they said that it was just Lazar & John Lear, when it's pretty well known that it was Lazar, Lear, Gene Huff, and, I believe, Lazar's wife at the time. Once I saw that at the beginning of the episode, I knew it was going to be garbage, because they either didn't investigate the story very well or deliberately told a wrong version of the story for dramatic effect.

The only bright side was seeing John Lear on the show, which was fun. Otherwise, it was a totally skippable episode.

MysteryQuest needs to stick to real, simple, mysteries and avoid these overarching super-mysteries that would require a whole series to cover.

I didn't watch the entire episode, but the stalking out Area 51 and taking photos with Glenn Campbell as guide was exactly like the UFO Hunters Area 51 episode.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:02 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

Not sure what they thought they would see by climbing that 8,000 ft. mountain to look down on the "top secret base". The feds knew they were climbing it when the fighter jet did a fly by and then a helicopter flew over them and probably did a digital face recognition on the group. The base was then notified and shut down before the camera was set up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 am 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Fazer wrote:
Not sure what they thought they would see by climbing that 8,000 ft. mountain to look down on the "top secret base". The feds knew they were climbing it when the fighter jet did a fly by and then a helicopter flew over them and probably did a digital face recognition on the group. The base was then notified and shut down before the camera was set up.
Exactly! A lot of melodrama for the viewing public.