The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Conjuring
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 am 
Hoagland-esque

Just saw the "The Conjuring" on DVD. Pretty good as far as horror movies go. I'm not sure about the true story stuff though. Anyone know anything about the Warrens, who supposedly were the paranormal investigators that handled it and confirm its veracity?

I just find just about all ghost, spirit and demon stories to be questionable.

Post subject: Re: The Conjuring
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I have not seen the movie but I heard it was good. As far as the true story stuff, in my opinion it's just a small part of the movie. Maybe like a couple events happened, but that's me speculating. The Warrens were made famous with the 'Amityville Horror' story, Lorraine claims to be a psychic and I saw an interview with her saying the Amityville Horror was much much worse than this story. That's all I got off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:30 am 
Hoagland-esque

Thanks, Super Dan. i'll have to track down some of the backstory. A lot of the Amityville horror has been debunked. Maybe the Warrens bought it, but i know someone close to it came out and admitted to a hoax.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:51 pm 
Hoagland-esque

I did end up doing some research on this. Downloaded some interviews with the family involved from youtube and listened, and they were all kind of like my mom's hoaky old lady new age group affirmation circles. Lots of great paranormal stories, but nothing solid to make them real.

Also found this which you'll probably get a kick out of: http://www.goddiscussion.net/2013/08/24 ... t-28-2013/

This is a folksy debunk of the Warrens and three of their famous hauntings. The host Kirby Robinson could make an interesting guest for Tim!

scroll down to get the link to the show and visit the archives for a follow up. I loved it. I downloaded and listened on the bus. Now for some reason when I open the show link it keeps crashing my Firefox. Have no idea why since it worked fine earlier.

Could the spirits be messing with me? Boooooooooooooooo.