The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capitalism: A Love Story
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:16 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Saw it today. I give it :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: out of five.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:12 pm 
Presidential Hopeful

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Yeah, I really enjoyed the movie.

But, I usually enjoy his projects.

(Was surprised to see that Jeff Garlin and Louis C.K. were among the list of thanks at the end...would be interested to know what role they played).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 pm 
Merovingian

michael moore makes millions of dollars making these movies in a country that allows people to use their freedom of expression to make enormous amounts of money...and he hates capitalism? if not for capitalism he'd be standing in the soup lines at the nearest homeless shelter begging for second helpings. what a piece of shit moore is. how pathetic it is to make a movie expressing hate for that very thing that made him rich.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:39 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

theorist wrote:
michael moore makes millions of dollars making these movies in a country that allows people to use their freedom of expression to make enormous amounts of money...and he hates capitalism? if not for capitalism he'd be standing in the soup lines at the nearest homeless shelter begging for second helpings. what a piece of shit moore is. how pathetic it is to make a movie expressing hate for that very thing that made him rich.

You might want to actually see :shock: the movie before you comment on it. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:47 pm 
Merovingian

redsonsuperman wrote:
You might want to actually see the movie before you comment on it.

why? i don't need to see it to realize how big of an ass moore is. i know that already.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:41 am 
Merovingian

I always enjoy Moore's take on things, but not enough to see them at the theater -- waiting for the video. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 am 
British Royal

theorist wrote:

Gotta say you're off base here. He even addresses this issue in the film. It is what capitalism has become in this country that he is talking about in the film. You can't really comment about something without having reviewed the material personally.

I really enjoyed it although like most of his films, was left feeling a bit depressed and very frustrated at what our country has become.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 pm 
Merovingian

i saw his 911 movie and that's all i needed thank you much. the way he manipulated the film to get his left-wing view across was more than enough to realize how sick he is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:37 pm 
British Royal

theorist wrote:
i saw his 911 movie and that's all i needed thank you much. the way he manipulated the film to get his left-wing view across was more than enough to realize how sick he is.

Like what? He does offer a $10,000 reward for anyone that proves something in his films is wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 pm 
Merovingian

WHAT!!! this has already been proven a dozen times already! in fact, i think i posted it here a while back? maybe it was on the coast site? nonetheless, he cut and spliced footage together taking things completely out of context. in fact, michael moore was the subject in a video course i had describing how he used the cut and splice to achieve his goals. the material in 911 is taken completely out of context. there's no denying it. it's half-truths and open-ended finger pointing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

:roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

Some people just enjoy their profession and don't care how much money they make.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:50 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

And Moore it seems isn't one of those people.

What's say let's stir the pot?

Michael Moore vs Movie Accounting: Sues Weinsteins For More 9/11 Movie Profits After Already Pocketing $19.8 Million; Yes Or No - "He Redefines The Term Greedy"?
http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/he-rede ... 8-million/
Quote:
Granted this is only my opinion, but insiders tell me that Moore has pocketed almost $48 million from his recent movies with the Weinsteins and Overture, including his 2009 Capitalism: A Love Story indicting the U.S. economic system and capitalists in particular. Yet here is the same filmmaker who 21 years ago cultivated an image as a Man Of The People with Roger & Me and keeps it going -- but is really a capitalist of the highest order. (His 2004 film in question Fahrenheit 9/11 made $222.4 million in box office, a windfall that the Weinsteins reaped as well since this is still the highest-grossing documentary in history.) I'm not saying Moore shouldn't go after money that's legitimately his. But this appearance of hypocrisy is why so much of America hates Hollywood.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:14 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

That's a pretty significant accounting error.