The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Brother 13 ~!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:56 am 
Site Admin

I'm kind of resigned to the fact that Cassie is far too hot and charismatic to even be on a show like Big Brother. In that kind of 'social experiment,' all the women immediately turn on her. It happened like two years ago, too, when that hot chick Laura got booted 2nd.

Based on the rules of the coupling, this is a shit week anyway, since we were pretty much guaranteed to lose Adam or Cassie or Lawon, barring some twist of fate that saved one of them. There's always the outside chance that they bring one of the evicted HGs back, they did that in Seasons 7 and 9, so it's possible.

The overwhelming coverage of Brenchel on the CBS shows is already making me turn on this season and the idea of bringing back HGs for anything but an All Star season.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

What really sucks is that J/J realize they should be aligned with Cassi, but think it's too late to be "switching sides".

Sad, because I have a feeling they're going to get shafted very quickly by Satan's Couple.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:58 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

The problem with mixing returning house guests with new people is that it shifts the entire dynamic of the house. The noobs are always starstruck IMMEDIATELY sending the balance of power to the vets.

With an All-Star season, everyone is on level playing ground. They've done it before, they're not going to lose their shit over meeting Jeff and Jordan or Brenchel.

I'm not really feeling this season so far. I've only half paid attention to After Dark. Granted, it's still early, but compared to the last few years the personalities seem subdued, stuff like Evel Dick leaving early took away a major source of duplicity and confrontation, and the lame "Dynamic Duo" twist contributes nothing. Maybe once the bullshit subsided and the cabin fever starts setting in things will pick up, but this has been a very cold start for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:55 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
The problem with mixing returning house guests with new people is that it shifts the entire dynamic of the house. The noobs are always starstruck IMMEDIATELY sending the balance of power to the vets.

With an All-Star season, everyone is on level playing ground. They've done it before, they're not going to lose their shit over meeting Jeff and Jordan or Brenchel.

I'm not really feeling this season so far. I've only half paid attention to After Dark. Granted, it's still early, but compared to the last few years the personalities seem subdued, stuff like Evel Dick leaving early took away a major source of duplicity and confrontation, and the lame "Dynamic Duo" twist contributes nothing. Maybe once the bullshit subsided and the cabin fever starts setting in things will pick up, but this has been a very cold start for me.

Well tonight's After Dark is starting out in Dynamite fashion, so check it out.
GO CASSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

We're getting the aftermath of a Rachel-Cassi blowup. Jeff is sympathizing with Cassi, but Jordan is upstairs trying to chill Rachel out.

We can only hope this blowout results in a nick of time save of Cassi.

But the first glimpse of Rachel was with her now classic head down, eyes closed, pouting rage face.

It is the identical look I saw on my sister for much of my life. Thank god that bitch is out of my life for good.

As soon as I saw Rachel I started laughing my ass off and said 'I know that fucking look.'

I love how Jeff treats Satan's Couple as well. Just making jokes, ignoring them bitching.

This is easily the best After Dark thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:07 am 
Site Admin

Regardless of the Cassie / Rachel dust-up last night, Cassie is toast. Only a seriously persuasive DR session could flip Jordan at this point and there's precious little time let to pull that off. Very unfortunate turn of events, but Cassie is not entirely blameless in this mess. She really cut off the vets this whole season, which is coming back to bite her, big time, now.

Orpheus hit the nail on the head w. the inherent problems w. mixing All Stars and newbies in one season. We saw it in the Jesse return season and even in the Fans v. Favorites Survivor season (which was essentially the same as this year's BB theme). All the newbs get star struck and play shitty games trying to curry favor with the vets. As a viewer and fan, it's maddening to watch.

My only hope now is for Adam or Lawon, since they are the only two remaining, entertaining newbs. Otherwise, I suspect a Jeff, Jordan, or Dani win. Shelly is playing a great game, but any middle aged HG on BB is always playing for 3rd or 4th place.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Shelly is playing a good game. She's go everyone duped and no enemies this far.

It probably is too late for Cassi, but hopefully it helped get J/J understand how important it is to get Brenchel out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:43 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Last night's AD did bring it more than recent ones. And with it increasingly seeming like a Brenchel vs Jeff and Jordan split is likely, things have a chance to get interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

:mrgreen:

Brendon is setting a record tonight for "knowmean" utterings .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:26 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Funny moment of last night's AD when Brendon-Rachel seemed to be having a mild disagreement in the purple room and J/J/D were watching it all in the HOH.

Jeff commenting that they fight constantly and asking "what's the problem?"

Danielle commenting that their whole edit will be them fighting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

I'd missed Jeff calling out Rachel on her bullshit, which they showed on the show tonight. Things have slowly been picking up over the last several days and things have become much more entertaining. Hopefully it sustains.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:37 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
I'd missed Jeff calling out Rachel on her bullshit, which they showed on the show tonight. Things have slowly been picking up over the last several days and things have become much more entertaining. Hopefully it sustains.

The\ way that was edited, it makes it even more annoying that J/J didn't put up Satan's Couple for eviction.

If they were considering it that much, they should have pulled the trigger. Fucking Jordan. That's going to come back to bite them in the ass hard.

I do think D/D is going to be a dynamic duo in the long run, and if they knock out J/J I won't be upset.
Danielle is turning out to be better version of Keesha. Just hope she cusses like a sailor when she gets in a fight.
Binnall warned that she's whiny, but I haven't seen it yet.

But yeah, I loved how Jeff made Rachel cry. Funny that Brendon -- In a pink outfit no less, didn't defend his woman right away and just said, 'C'mon Jeff.'
Walking vagina with bloodied knees.

updated ratings:
1. Dani.
2. Jeff.
3. Dominic
4. Lawon (never before seen a guy tie a fucking bandana on their arm to complete an outfit. He fucking cracks me up)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Fuck this game.

That bitch is on slop but then wins HOH.

I'll be shocked if they don't backdoor Jeff this week.

It's a shame Jordan is dumber than a brick.
She butchered the names of her housemates with her HOH blog:

Lawan :roll:
Kaleigha :roll:
Lawan's :roll:
kaleigha :roll:
Dominique's :roll:
Danny :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Another Rachel meltdown over J/J.
What a jealous bitch.

This will surely result in her attempting to backdoor them this week.
This is not looking good.

I'm just hoping that Jordan, since she won, will try to convince the others to KEEP jeff in the game with a promise that he'll work with them to get out Rachel/Brendon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:47 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

"We're not in couples rehab." - Dani -- best line of the season.

If it's even possible, Brendan made Rachel sympathetic in this week's edit. That dude is a suffocating control freak.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

I'm still watching the show for the most part (too busy to devote much time to After Dark), but this season has just been a big fat dud for me so far. Most of the new houseguests are boring and I'm sick of Rachel and Brendan being omnipresent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next