The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Motor City Comic Con '12
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:48 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Another great lineup is coming together for MCCC.

The first "Lost" guest to come to the Con was just announced. Billy Dee Williams. Of sure, he's best remembered for Lando in TESB. But he also appeared in two episodes of Lost as Mr. LaShade.
(I had a cloud car when I was a kid. I thought Cloud City was phenomenal.)

Billy Dee Williams' son is also going to be there. Never heard of him? He played KLAATU in Return of the Jedi.

WKRP in Cincinnati's Johnny Fever is going to be in the house. Of course, I also loved Howard Hesseman in Head of the Class.

Loni Anderson. I can't wait to meet her, and it has nothing to do with her role on WKRP. She used to date Burt Reynolds, and during that time, she was also involved to some extent with the Tampa Bay Bandits. If she has one great USFL story to share, this will be the highlight of the MCCC for me.

Dwight Schultz -- Murdoch from the A-Team.

Erin Gray -- Didn't we all want to bang Wilma Deering when we were kids?

John Morrison -- wrestler. I didn't like him, but if I can pull and anti-Vince story out of him that will be a good time.

Norman Reedus of the Walking Dead.

Peter Tork - of the monkees

Yvonne Craig -- Batgirl.
[img]http://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/images/stories/media_guest_list/z-pop-up-header.png[/img}

Nichelle Nichols --

Other media guests of interest to others, but not me:
Bill Mumy --
Butch Patrick -- Eddie from the Munsters
Christopher Knight -- Peter from Brady Bunch
Dawn Wells -- Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island.
Dean Cain - Superman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Be careful with Dwight Schultz - you might find yourself on the wrong end of a political tirade if you ask the wrong question.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:07 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

VampElvis wrote:
Be careful with Dwight Schultz - you might find yourself on the wrong end of a political tirade if you ask the wrong question.

You can't tease like that. What happened?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:07 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I don't know of any instances where he's dressed anyone down, but he's quite the conservative political talker. I've heard him fill in several times for for Michael Savage. I've also heard him fill in for Rusty Humphries - what can I say -I was working late that week and didn't want to listen to the basketball game on my preferred station but he was co-hosting with Dirk Benedict and that made it kinda surreal. I think he's also guest hosted for Laura Ingrham but I'm not sure about that as I don't listen to her show. .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:01 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

VampElvis wrote:
I don't know of any instances where he's dressed anyone down, but he's quite the conservative political talker. I've heard him fill in several times for for Michael Savage. I've also heard him fill in for Rusty Humphries - what can I say -I was working late that week and didn't want to listen to the basketball game on my preferred station but he was co-hosting with Dirk Benedict and that made it kinda surreal. I think he's also guest hosted for Laura Ingrham but I'm not sure about that as I don't listen to her show. .

He and Benedict came to the MCCC a couple years ago and signed next to each other. Made it real convenient for all the A-Team fans.
Back then, I only wanted to talk to Benedict. But I didn't realize Schultz had an interest in ufology and had been on Don Ecker's program.

I'm hoping to chat him up about Ecker, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Just be careful if Joyce DeWitt is there. That woman is wild.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:50 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Just be careful if Joyce DeWitt is there. That woman is wild.

I'm thinking Dawn Wells might be the '12 version of Joyce DeWitt.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

I presume you're gearing up for the big event.

We'll be expecting a full report upon your return.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:27 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Oh yeah.

Cancellations: Norman Reedus (Walking Dead crowd won't be happy about that), Robert Duncan McNeill (ST: TNG) and Maria Kanellis (wrestling).

Here's the checklist of folks I gotta see:

Comic guests
Three people I'm really interested to meet on Saturday:
Joe Staton, the co-creater of Green Lantern Kilowog
Mike Royer, an inker for Jack Kirby (and I'm going to try to talk to him about Kirby's face on mars and the OMAC story that shows a dictator that looks identifcal to Saddam coming out of a hole in the ground)
Jim Califore (artist on Peter David's run on Aquaman)

Mildly interested in:
Carl Lundgren:
Ethan Van Sciver:

I Love Lightning Bugs: Interesting. They listen to Coast to Coast AM. One of the band members talked about having experience with shadow people.

Joseph Lee: He was on the phone when I walked up, so...
Eddie Newell: He was a nice guy, even after I told him I hated Tony Isabella, who he said was really good with his scripts.

Pop culture guests:
Billy Dee Williams

Dawn Wells:

Seth and Ashley from Hardcore Pawn: Lot of elements of pro wrestling go into this show. Was very disappointed.

Mark Rothman: Very cool guy, though he sold me a book for $20 and a guy I know got him to give him same book by tellin him he only had $14

Melina

Peter Tork: Didn't talk to him, but he did some interviews with local tv. very happy-go-lucky. I later saw himaway from the cameras hugging people.

Loni Anderson: She's aged pretty well. Very nice.

Howard Hessman: He was pimpin' in a pink suit.

Erin Gray: The Vorvon still wants her.

Yvonne Craig, Traci Lords and Donna D'Errico:
Craig looks old, like ancient librarian old. Still, you put the Batgirl mask on her and anything's possible.

Nichelle Nichols -- How can you deny Uhura?

Sherilyn Fenn -- She was getting a good amount of attention.

Virgil --Disappointing. Came off cocky about his run in the WWE. He loved working for Vince (told a story about asking Vince for $10,000 and Vince immediately saying yes), said he made a lot of money going to WCW and then got paid to sit around.

And the best for last:
Dwight Schultz: Awesome, on a different levels. Great talk 1-on-1 about Mike Wallace-Donald Keyhoe interview. Then listened to him on an entertaining session about his work on ST:TNG and the A-Team.

And for the alt history crowd, Schultz says what we think we know about the Manhattan Project is a lie. There's a whole lot more to that tale that hasn't been told.

Last edited by redsonsuperman on Sat May 19, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Please express my deepest sympathies to Peter Tork on the loss of Davy Jones.

Also Howard Hessman and Virgil are both people I would love to meet for entirely different reasons.

Let's just hope Virgil doesn't have a repeat of his infamous autograph signing experience:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Here's the checklist of folks I gotta see:

Comic guests
Three people I'm really interested to meet on Saturday:
Joe Staton, the co-creater of Green Lantern Kilowog
Mike Royer, an inker for Jack Kirby (and I'm going to try to talk to him about Kirby's face on mars and the OMAC story that shows a dictator that looks identifcal to Saddam coming out of a hole in the ground)
Jim Califore (artist on Peter David's run on Aquaman)

Mildly interested in:
Carl Lundgren:
Ethan Van Sciver:

I Love Lightning Bugs: Interesting. They listen to Coast to Coast AM. One of the band members talked about having experience with shadow people.

Joseph Lee: He was on the phone when I walked up, so...
Eddie Newell: He was a nice guy, even after I told him I hated Tony Isabella, who he said was really good with his scripts.

Pop culture guests:
Billy Dee Williams

Dawn Wells:

Seth and Ashley from Hardcore Pawn: Lot of elements of pro wrestling go into this show. Was very disappointed.

Mark Rothman: Very cool guy, though he sold me a book for $20 and a guy I know got him to give him same book by tellin him he only had $14

Melina

Peter Tork: Didn't talk to him, but he did some interviews with local tv. very happy-go-lucky. I later saw himaway from the cameras hugging people.

Loni Anderson: She's aged pretty well. Very nice.

Howard Hessman: He was pimpin' in a pink suit.

Erin Gray: The Vorvon still wants her.

Yvonne Craig, Traci Lords and Donna D'Errico:
Craig looks old, like ancient librarian old. Still, you put the Batgirl mask on her and anything's possible.

Nichelle Nichols --

Sherilyn Fenn -- She was getting a good amount of attention.

Virgil --Disappointing. Came off cocky about his run in the WWE. He loved working for Vince (told a story about asking Vince for $10,000 and Vince immediately saying yes), said he made a lot of money going to WCW and then got paid to sit around.

And the best for last:
Dwight Schultz: Awesome, on a different levels. Great talk 1-on-1 about Mike Wallace-Donald Keyhoe interview. Then listened to him on an entertaining session about his work on ST:TNG and the A-Team.

And for the alt history crowd, Schultz says what we think we know about the Manhattan Project is a lie. There's a whole lot more to that tale that hasn't been told.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Sounds like you had a great time. That guest list is a plus for living in a major metropolitan area. There is a "con" here in my adopted hometown today. Neelix from Voyager is the headliner. Pay to See Neelix and voices from Dragonball Z or cut the grass and get Vampriscilla off my keester. Hmmmm, I choose the latter :?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Here's the bad thing about living in a large metro area.

Con opened at 10:30 today. Showed up two hours later and there was a line going around the building to get in. TWO HOURS LATER!!!
An hour long wait outside in the heat? Nope.

There were a lot of angry people out there. They either need a bigger venue -- if it was an issue with a limit/fire code. Or, they needed more workers if it was a matter of taking admissions that slowed things to a halt.

Never seen anything like it and I've been going since the early '90s.

BTW, this is awesome...