The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Big Brother 15 ~!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 am 
Site Admin

They don't show the jury on live feeds. That's been one longstanding request from fans, a jury house feed, but BB will never do it, because they want the evicted HGs to 'decompress' from the show.

Spencer has a union job so, if anything, he will be reprimanded and maybe suspended, but I don't think he'll be fired.

BB is notorious for having unlikeable winners. It's gotten better in recent years, but more often than not the winner is really unlikeable.

Sorry I haven't been posting in the thread as much this year. I didn't get as into this season as I have in year's past. There really haven't been enough likeable characters to get behind and most of them have been awful.

I spent all Summer loathing Amanda, who is just repulsive on multiple levels, and Andy, who is a great player but brings nothing to the table to make me actually cheer for him. Judd was a moron, Elissa was too weird, Helen was too dramatic and wimpy, Jesse was too bland, McRae gave up after week 1 when he fell in love with Amanda, Aaron was too complacent (and racist), and Spencer was too much of a follower. Gina Marie has been okay, but she is dumb as rocks, creepy as hell with her Nick obsession, and ignorant beyond words.

Actually, most of the cast this year were followers, which happens. But, unlike most years, all the 'leaders' got evicted around the 3rd quarter of the game, which is why he have the GM, Spencer, Andy final three. In previous years, the leaders of the big alliances usually lasted until the end or close to it.

There's rumors of an All Star Season 16, but they say that every years, so we shall see what happens.

If I were handicapping the finale, I'd say Andy has the best chance to win and GM/Spencer is a toss up, since I think either one would lose against Andy (unless the jury is super bitter, which can happen) and it would be really close against each other with probably GM squeaking by with a win by one or two votes.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:16 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Very interesting analysis, Tim.

I actually never watch BB because the people annoy me so much. I think I got into it this season because I was actually pulling for Howard - who I thought at least seemed like a decent person, especially after all the racist BS that horrible clique were pulling. But in the end, he wasn't that bright either.

You may be right about Spencer. He will have his union to thank if he doesn't get fired.

I still think McCrae has a really good chance of winning, too. I mean that guy has been resting all this time. Now he's fresh as a daisy for all these competitions.

I don't know if I will ever watch this show again. It is very disturbing on so many levels - from the devolution of human decency to the constant plotting to me actually enjoying watching people self - destruct. But then, who am I kidding? One of my favorite shows is The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:25 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

catgrrrl wrote:

I still think McCrae has a really good chance of winning, too. I mean that guy has been resting all this time. Now he's fresh as a daisy for all these competitions.

I don't know if I will ever watch this show again. It is very disturbing on so many levels - from the devolution of human decency to the constant plotting to me actually enjoying watching people self - destruct. But then, who am I kidding? One of my favorite shows is The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...

McRae haszero chance of winning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How big of a hit would BB take if spencer went to jail when he got out of the show?

I didn't realize spencer made those comments. Wow.
I'm not sure I want anyone to win now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:09 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Ok. I'm the biggest idiot! I didn't realize they had a show last night and McCrae is OUT. Ok. Yes, you are right, he is ZERO chance of winning.

Sorry! I need to keep up!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:59 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

catgrrrl wrote:
Ok. I'm the biggest idiot! I didn't realize they had a show last night and McCrae is OUT. Ok. Yes, you are right, he is ZERO chance of winning.

Sorry! I need to keep up!

Just having fun.

I felt like an idiot for missing Spencer's comments and then saying I wanted him to win. Uh, no way.
I'm assuming they never were addressed on the prime time show.

Would Chen even bring them up if he's eliminated?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I only heard about Spencer's comments via the news -and it was a while ago. So, its' no wonder you missed it. I don't think Spencer will be confronted. I think people are saying that Julie Chen is not holding HGs accountable for their comments on an equal basis and feel that she only did that with Aaryn because she was easy pickings. There are actually people who felt it was unfair of Julie Chen to do that to Aaryn and felt sorry for her. (WTF?!) I can't help but feel if she were not a pretty petite blond, there would be zero sympathy for her.

Maybe we'll get to see. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
How big of a hit would BB take if spencer went to jail when he got out of the show?

Not as big as you think. The winner of BB9, Adam Jasinsky, used his winnings to buy a shitload of oxycodone and then got arrested for dealing the pills. He's currently serving 4 years in prison for it. He also roped another contestant from BB9 into the operation and he is also in prison.

That's why you never hear any mention of BB9, which aired in the winter due to the TV writer's strike. It's kind of seen as the 'lost' season, because of this and because the cast was almost as scummy as this year's cast.

More info on Jasinsky here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jasinski

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:35 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

They need to have a BB Hall of Shame - unless that's what the reputed All Stars will be. (Maybe being on BB is already being in a Hall of Shame of sorts.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I'll say this about Andy, his statement about staying true to GM from day 1 really was a nice final touch on why folks should vote for him.

For a minute there I wasn't sure if GM was ever going to break her hug on Nick. And he was a good sport. Would have sealed the season had he dissed her on national tv.

For not mentioning what happened, the Julie/spencer exchange was pretty damn awkward.

Another awkward moment, when the camera focused on Aaryn when Howard was talking about the remarks mde by the HGs. She had that look of 'why is everyone still talking about this?'

I think it will impact her mot that she was disliked.

Lastly, how the frak does Rachel's sis win America's favorite HG. That can't be legit. There can't be a large mass of folks who truly like her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Andy played the best game, by far. His personality sucks and I hate him tonight, but in a year or three, we will look back and say "where are the great players like Andy, Dan, and Will? His game was exceptional and he owned it in the jury phase. Hands down the winner amongst a group of true weirdoes this year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I finally got to see the finale. Yeah, kind of anti-climatic. But I agree that Andy pretty much deserved it above everyone else - even Gina Marie felt Andy was the best player. He definitely still had fire in him until the end. His answers during the jury questioning were more on-point and more thought-out than Gina Marie's. And their final pleas, really were different in that I felt Andy was really fighting for it and making a case for himself while GM was more pleading and even almost resorted to bribery.

I also agree that it was pretty lame about Elissa winning America's Favorite Player, too.

And as for this Dr. Will...WHY would a medical doctor be a contestant on BB?! I mean seriously! And the way the jury was fawning all over him. I thought Helen was going to faint on the spot! It really creeped me out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:22 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

catgrrrl wrote:
I finally got to see the finale. Yeah, kind of anti-climatic. But I agree that Andy pretty much deserved it above everyone else - even Gina Marie felt Andy was the best player. He definitely still had fire in him until the end. His answers during the jury questioning were more on-point and more thought-out than Gina Marie's. And their final pleas, really were different in that I felt Andy was really fighting for it and making a case for himself while GM was more pleading and even almost resorted to bribery.

I also agree that it was pretty lame about Elissa winning America's Favorite Player, too.

And as for this Dr. Will...WHY would a medical doctor be a contestant on BB?! I mean seriously! And the way the jury was fawning all over him. I thought Helen was going to faint on the spot! It really creeped me out.

I guess you had to watch to appreciate Dr. Will (I've only watched BB the last few years, so I'm in the dark on how good he was as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

My impression of Dr. Will is that he's prtty smarmy. But like you said, redsonsuperman, maybe we had to be there.

So, now I am reading that Aaryn signed a book deal (to relay her wisdom of 22 years) and is getting multiple calls from other modeling agencies. I guess it pays to be racist as long as you are pretty and blond.