The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sleepy Hollow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:48 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Anyone else catch this show? I got to watch it yesterday and ive got to say it wasnt bad. Im not sure how they are gonna make a series out of it and it does remind me a lot of Grimm. I loved the beginning, any Highlander fans out there were sure to catch Kurgan (only this time he is a cop) getting his head cut off.. Again haha. There can only be one, he should know that by now. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Sleepy Hollow
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:32 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I missed the beginning of the show but the last 15 minutes held my interest,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:36 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Three episodes in and I'm still interested. Like I said in my first posting reminds me a lot Grimm but there are also some similarities to the X-files as well. A lot of it is pretty unbelievable but then again it's a tv show, isn't it supposed to be unbelievable?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:03 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I watched an episode last week, not sure if it was #2 OR #3 (the guy that plays Sulu in the new Star Trek was in this one). Found it to be very meh. Didn't tune in again this week. Maybe you had to be there from the start.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:00 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I think that was the second episode. Yeah you should see the first episode, I thought it was pretty good but the next two episodes were okay. It wouldnt surprise me if this lasts only one season.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:57 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

I like the show, but don't know how long it will last.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:26 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Looks like I was wrong, its got a season 2 now. http://www.contactmusic.com/article/fox ... ed_3891924

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:17 pm 
Hoagland-esque

I wish they'd show more of Crane discovering modern things.....like movies...maybe get him on a helicopter! I loved the scene where he was giving romantic advice to the lady on the Northstar in the car. I'd like to see more reaction shots like discovering instant hot water, showers, all the food in grocery stores....stuff that would seem amazing to someone from 250 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Aligater wrote:
I wish they'd show more of Crane discovering modern things.....like movies...maybe get him on a helicopter! I loved the scene where he was giving romantic advice to the lady on the Northstar in the car. I'd like to see more reaction shots like discovering instant hot water, showers, all the food in grocery stores....stuff that would seem amazing to someone from 250 years ago.

That would be a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:29 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I am pretty satisfied with this show for now. It is kind of annoying that Crane hasn't changed out of his clothes in - idk how many days/weeks/months at this point? Also, isn't Crane a carrier of diseases that no longer plague modern society - like polio or something? And where is he living? Too many logistical questions, but if you overlook all of these things, I find the general premise promising. The worst part of these episodic series is that they have these dire situations that arise at the beginning of each episode that miraculously get resolved by the end of the episode. And of course, I am just waiting for some kind of romantic tension between Crane and Abbie. Hopefully, they won't follow that tired formula.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

We'll here they are now, capturing the headless horseman. It gets better, they're gonna interrogate him. Not sure if I like this direction but I'm gonna see where it leads to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Superdanwonder5 wrote:
We'll here they are now, capturing the headless horseman. It gets better, they're gonna interrogate him. Not sure if I like this direction but I'm gonna see where it leads to.

How will they know what the headless horseman is trying to tell them? Will he end up being a kicka** mime?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm 
Hoagland-esque

that's what I'm wondering. Sign language?

I know!

CHARADES!!! That would be AWESOME!!!!

Interpretive dance, maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:47 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Aligater wrote:
that's what I'm wondering. Sign language?

I know!

CHARADES!!! That would be AWESOME!!!!

Interpretive dance, maybe?

LOL!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:21 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

catgrrrl wrote:
I am pretty satisfied with this show for now. It is kind of annoying that Crane hasn't changed out of his clothes in - idk how many days/weeks/months at this point? Also, isn't Crane a carrier of diseases that no longer plague modern society - like polio or something? And where is he living? Too many logistical questions, but if you overlook all of these things, I find the general premise promising. The worst part of these episodic series is that they have these dire situations that arise at the beginning of each episode that miraculously get resolved by the end of the episode. And of course, I am just waiting for some kind of romantic tension between Crane and Abbie. Hopefully, they won't follow that tired formula.

And the Masons are the good guys, right?
:shock: :lol: