The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Very enjoyable 3rd episode.

I enjoyed the revelations at the end about Anna & Lisa (the visitor chick who has the hots for Juliet's son) and enjoyed seeing her in her underwear during the episode.

Also, nice revelation about the 5th column within the Vs. I didn't expect that.

I kind of saw the assassin twist coming a mile away but it still was pretty cool, especially in light of the synthetic terror angle.

Nice slow burn going on with this show now. Tis a shame that they are only airing one more episode until March. That's gotta hurt the continuity of the series.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Uh oh, V dropped another 19% off of last week's rating.

This hiatus after next week's episode may fuck things up royally.

Hopefully, they re-air the 1st four episodes next Spring, then start the last 13 and that allows them to pick up some steam and settle in at a decent rating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:

Hopefully, they re-air the 1st four episodes next Spring, then start the last 13 and that allows them to pick up some steam and settle in at a decent rating.

Breaking up the airing of a new show is suicidal !!! The person who decided that should be fired !!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:56 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:

:twisted: DIE reimagined TV!!!! DIE!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:09 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

The third episode was nice. I really love the whole 5th column angle -- it helps add believability that there's a way to fight them. In the old ones, it seemed so impossible because the Vs had almost no defectors, save maybe for Robert Englund.

The fact there's a faction within the Visitors working against them is awesome -- especially that Josh guy at such a high level.

Also the Cindy Sheehan-esque angle was also cool. The layers behind the social implications are almost better for me, than the whole damn story. Fascinating.

With the ratings dropping, a massive break in the schedule and new showrunners in place for the 5th show on, I'm worried it's a toxic brew that V may not recover from.

With what's going on right now, why did they feel a need to get a new head writer?

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:33 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I liked the fourth ep.

A few highlights for me:
*The suicide pill the caught visitor took.
*Playing off the whole flu-shot paranoia by having visitors tamper with them
*The teaming up of Erica and Ryan
*The Visitors punishing the medical team member traitor-- "skin him"
*All fifth column references
*Getting to see V stuff aboard the ship
*The ending (although that V guy should have died in the blast) - but father has to make it!

The meh parts
*The recruitment of Erica's son to probably impregnate the hot blonde chick
*The Ryan and his fiance pregnancy (c'mon, now)
*More manipulation of Chad Decker. Shocker.
*Waiting until March 2010 for more.

But the best news is over on James Hibberd's Live Feed website, he mentioned that the show's ratings found their level and stopped dropping. It stayed at just over a 3.1 share from the previous week - a clutch comeback in the series' last week considering it's shortened rollout, I might add.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

Just watched the 4th episode. Another good outing. Pissed we have to wait three months for another episode, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the show develops with the chance to air 13 episodes this Spring.

Also, great news about the ratings. I'm really hoping that putting it on after Lost will add some juice to the ratings.

Onto thoughts on last night's show ...

I don't quite get the "bliss" thing yet, though that does explain what the 5th column double-agent was talking about when he said he needed the bliss.

The hot blonde chick is insanely hot. I would turn against the human race to impregnate her, no doubt. I meant to mention this last week, when she was in her underwear.

I actually like how Chad Decker is being manipulated but also realizes it. Speaking of which, Anna's sidekick is a total douche. I really looking forward to him getting his cumuppance.

The pregnancy was no surprise, it's right out of the original V.

I'm not sure yet if the plan is for Erica's son to impregnate blondie. I keep thinking he will have some other sort of role.

I loved the ending. I wonder if that is to foreshadow some kind of impending invasion.

Not sure how I feel about Erica and the Priest working together. Feel like some weird sexual tension. I did like the black dude working w. Erica, they make a good team.

I wanted to punch Georgie. That dude is a loose cannon and he's bringing the resistance down with his antics.

Really enjoying the series, though. Can't wait for it to come back in March.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:18 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

OK Tim, you sparked a few thoughts...

The Bliss: I have no idea what that's about. I get the feeling Anna is either really powerful that she has this ability or she's the one who created it and uses it as a drug that everyone is hooked on to help control them? Maybe it's their ecstasy I don't know.

Georgie: Most unlikable revolutionary "leader" ever. Not only does he have zero charisma and has a stupid nickname, he's a complete moron. Kill him, please.

Decker: I like him, I just would like to see him subtley rebel a little more. He just seems to go a long with everything. It's like so far, the only thing he's done (or been allowed to do with the show's writers) to rebel against the Visitor's control is gasp, host a point-counterpoint crossfire show -- egads.

I am intrigued to see the role which Erica's son might play. BUT... the whole Ryan pregnancy thing was too much out of the original miniseries playbook for my taste.

Because of the ratings finding its level and with a 4-month break (grrr), we'll see how serious ABC is about the show by how they roll it back out in spring.

The network's blood trail of Lost-esque partner shows in the sci-fi vein is longer than Bill Clinton's. With the possible exception of Flash Forward, the shows they failed to show patience in before murdering is long and painful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

OK, finally watched all 4 episodes in one sitting.

The writers have certainly done their internet conspiracy research: Icke-esque reptilian agenda (I know it was an element of the original series but the fact that they have been here for years and integrated with humans), flu shot conspiracy, secret surveillance, media compliance, etc.

I definitely like the added element of the "bliss". It certainly helps to explain the V's allegiance to Anna...(annunaki?).

I agree that the show could do without Georgie.

My biggest problem is this: we see at the end of episode 4 a giant fleet of spaceships presumably to be used in an invasion...why would the V's need to infiltrate human society and do this whole song-and-dance. Just invade and be done with it. I hope the writers have a good direction to go with this aspect. Erica seemed to allude to the fact that she believed they need the humans for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:52 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Maybe the invasion thing is to help the sleeper agents who have integrated the world over. Call it space support, lol.

I also think they were going for the wow money-shot ending.

I do agree, it seemed a tab bit over-kill-y.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:56 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
I do agree, it seemed a tab bit over-kill-y.

^That's exactly what I said to my wife at the end of the episode. They could conquer the Earth with 1/4 of that fleet...unless there is more to the resistance than we've seen yet.

You're right about the money-shot ending. They had to leave an epic final image in everyone's mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:36 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

So true jboston!

They're hoping that image lasts for the next 3 months.

And as for 1/4 of that fleet. How about 1 ship, LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Haven't watched the V return yet. Probably will later on this week or weekend.

Anyone else catch it? I asked Vaeni about it when we taped the Lostcast today and he said he shut it off after 10 minutes because it felt like they were trying to hard to be Lost (that's an approximation of what he said, my memory is hazy).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 pm 
Merovingian

I just can't seem to get into V. I tried watching it last night, but it seemed really predictable and boring.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

I liked the first four episodes, but I'm afraid all that time off will ruin the potential for the series.

I agree that it is somewhat predictable and boring, but I'm hoping that will change if the storyline becomes an open alien invasion instead of the Trojan horse invasion it has been so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next