The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:01 pm 
Shadow Person

I'm a big fan of IN SEARCH OF, the original series from the 70's.
The pilot is my favorite, with Rod Serling as host . It was called IN SEARCH OF ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS . Other favorites are, THE MONEY PIT , LOST COLONY OF ROANOKE, REINCARNATION, UFO'S, ST. JERMAINE, EVA BRAUN,MENGELE VAN GOGH, THE HUMAN AURA,JIM JONES, ELEPHANT MAN, TIME TRAVEL, BIG FOOT, BERMUDA TRIANGLE, FULL MOON, AND MORE.
What are your favorites?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 am 
British Royal

I loved this show as well!

As a matter of fact, thanks for the post. It's about time for my annual quest to find every episode. I've been searching for a long time to find decent copies of each & every episode.

I've seen people selling sets on ebay for $100+ but I refuse to pay for pirated copies like that.

If they were to make it available commercially I'd have no problem paying for a good set. But the way I see things, if they don't want to sell something, they can't bitch when people download it off the internet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 pm 
Shadow Person

I got mine at sellers.com 30 bucks. Homemade but good enough. You can talk the price down, probably.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 pm 
British Royal

REALLY big thanks for mentioning this. Looks like all 6 seasons are on usenet. They're all in xvid so looks like it will fit one season per DVD. Pretty sweet!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 am 
Merovingian

Just thought I would mention that Leonard Nimoy will be joining the cast of Fringe next season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:51 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

In Search of... - Release Date, Cost, Extras for a DVD Set of the 1976 Show with Leonard Nimoy

No USA details yet, but Canadian details of this VEI release are available at Amazon.ca's entry
Posted by David Lambert
8/24/2012

Six months ago we had the exclusive news that VEI is preparing a long-awaited DVD release for In Search of..., the 1976 series hosted by Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek, Mission: Impossible). Now a pre-order listing at Amazon.ca, the Canadian branch of the e-tailer, informs us that this item will be available starting on October 23rd, for CA$134.99 SRP. Special material included with this release will be a Documentary hosted by Leonard Nimoy! Package art isn't finalized yet, but stay tuned and we'll bring that to you as soon as we can!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Search ... z25iGrGTA4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:37 pm 
Hoagland-esque

MYSTERY MAN,

I'm glad someone brought this up. I grew up on In Search Of as well. It helped spark my interest in all things esoteric and mysterious at a young age. It seemed like a lot more fun in the 70's somehow. While I have many favs the episode "Dark Star" is one of my favorites. Its about an African tribe which has traditions going back centuries, who knew of a star that was only detectable by modern astronomy in the last 50 years or so. How did they know? I actually found this episode on Youtube.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:10 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

This was my introduction into the world of the mysterious, thanks to my Mom. I would love to get my hands on all of the seasons and see if they are indeed as good as I remember or just as cheese filled as the fashion of the day. For some reason I was always fascinated by the episode where they found a battery(s) encrusted in rocks. At 7 I was already fascinated w/ UFOs and ghosts so this was another thing to wonder about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 pm 
Shadow Person

Mr Owl wrote:
MYSTERY MAN,

I'm glad someone brought this up. I grew up on In Search Of as well. It helped spark my interest in all things esoteric and mysterious at a young age. It seemed like a lot more fun in the 70's somehow. While I have many favs the episode "Dark Star" is one of my favorites. Its about an African tribe which has traditions going back centuries, who knew of a star that was only detectable by modern astronomy in the last 50 years or so. How did they know? I actually found this episode on Youtube.

8) Another great series from the 70's that is on U-Tube is Carl Sagan's Cosmos. It's all there . I watch it while I'm working .
Episodes 9,10 and 12 are the best . Episode 12 covers the possible number of civilizations in our galaxy .
9 teaches Chemistry and the stars .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Just in time for Xmas (and the end of the world):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008X8 ... +search+of

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 pm 
Merovingian

used to watch this as a kid. love it. when i hear the theme it brings back so many memories.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 am 
C2C Regular

Bump.

To the best of my knowledge, In Search Of.. was never shown on UK Television, we had Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World to cover the weird beat but I've greatly-enjoyed catching up with as many episodes as I can find on YouTube.

It's such a great series & the 70's synth soundtrack to the stories just makes it perfect in my book - the music being very reminiscent of that employed on schools programes shown here in Britain during the same period.

God I feel old..

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:11 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

You can also watch the episodes if you have a roku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:39 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Giving this old thread a bump, given the news of Nimoy's passing.

Episodes are still available to watch free on one of the roku channels.