The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm 
Merovingian

for all the musicians here on this board...share pictures of your instruments.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

You mean musical intruments, correct? Because otherwise, this could get uncomfortable real fast.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:57 pm 
Merovingian

LOL! yes, musical instruments only!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 pm 
Merovingian

my sessions kit without rack. this is my favorite way to set it up.

my sessions kit with rack and all the bells and whistles.

my masters kit with rack.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:15 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Ugh. I always wanted a kick ass drum kit. The neighbors would have me arrested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

Ahh, the key word is "musicians", so i'm out lol

Money has been so tight I can't even afford the $10 a lesson the places around here charge to learn to play my guitar. Although I used to be able to play a mean Jazz Trumpet, which I'm not even sure I still have. If I still do, the valves are worth more than my guitar since it was silver with 10k gold valves. ( I was in band in Jr. High and High School and won a free instrument from a local music store. They neglected to put a price limit on it so I got the most expensive trumpet they had, needless to say when the manager realized it he was a bit pissed)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:19 pm 
Merovingian

post it anyway. i want to see it. this thread is for anyone not just musicians.

you don't need lessons to learn how to play. i am self-taught for the most part. even though i took a lot of lessons, i spent more time learning on my own than what music teachers have taught me. it's all up to the individual anyway. the more time you spend practicing your instrument the more you learn. many great musicians are self-taught.

so post your guitar!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:27 pm 
Merovingian

jboston wrote:
Ugh. I always wanted a kick ass drum kit. The neighbors would have me arrested.

i hear ya dude! my neighbors just love me. i have this one shit-head neighbor right now that is an inch close to getting the shit kicked out of him. i've had it with this guy. he calls the cops on me two or three times a week. every time the cop comes he complements me on my playing and tells me what an awesome kit i have and then he leaves. according to the officer, it's not against the law to play between 6am and 11pm. the cop is a singer in a local band so that probably helps my case. still, this asshole neighbor calls him and he comes over and we talk music for half an hour and then he leaves. it's funny as hell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Man, I used to have so many pics of my gear, but not anymore. I should take some. I have had some cool looking guitars over the years, like my B.C. Rich Mocking bird, a King V ( flying V with one shorter horn then the other) to name a few.

I got a sweet 'Frankenstein' guitar I made myself by combining parts from two Ibanez AX series guitars. Added some Seymour Duncan pick ups, and it has this key on it to allow you to drop the tuning instantly.

Ill have to snap some pics and add it to this post later...

Good idea for a topic though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
i hear ya dude! my neighbors just love me. i have this one shit-head neighbor right now that is an inch close to getting the shit kicked out of him. i've had it with this guy. he calls the cops on me two or three times a week. every time the cop comes he complements me on my playing and tells me what an awesome kit i have and then he leaves. according to the officer, it's not against the law to play between 6am and 11pm. the cop is a singer in a local band so that probably helps my case. still, this asshole neighbor calls him and he comes over and we talk music for half an hour and then he leaves. it's funny as hell.

WTF? LOL! Then why does he call? :roll:

Quote:
I have had some cool looking guitars over the years, like my B.C. Rich Mocking bird, a King V ( flying V with one shorter horn then the other) to name a few.

Ooooohhh....I love the King V! The B.C. Rich Kerry King V is really cool too.

I've always liked the Mockingbird design as well. My friend has a Warlock which isn't too bad either but the Mockingbird is very comfortable to play.

I actually like the Gibson-style Flying V as well. I tend to prefer the "older" designs like the V and Explorer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:15 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Quote:
I have had some cool looking guitars over the years, like my B.C. Rich Mocking bird, a King V ( flying V with one shorter horn then the other) to name a few.

Ooooohhh....I love the King V! The B.C. Rich Kerry King V is really cool too.

I've always liked the Mockingbird design as well. My friend has a Warlock which isn't too bad either but the Mockingbird is very comfortable to play.

I actually like the Gibson-style Flying V as well. I tend to prefer the "older" designs like the V and Explorer.[/quote]

I killed my Mockingbird... its in pieces in its case lol... I wanted to re-paint it and stripped the finish off, only to make a fucking mess out it. One day ill get it back up and running. I need to re wire the whole thing too, add new pick ups and what not.

Lots of work to fix my stupidity lol.

I hear ya about the Warlock. My friend had one too. They really suck for playing while sitting down, but are pretty cool looking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:43 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

two les pauls that I'm very happy with.