Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Comments (4 comments)
from cnn.com:
Van Halen explains those postponed tour dates

Although their abrupt tour date changes might've suggested as much to some, David Lee Roth says that he and the rest of Van Halen aren’t beefing, and there also isn't any internal discord threatening to break them all up.

According to Rolling Stone, the real reason why Van Halen is shuffling a bunch of their summer tour dates is because of fatigue.

Roth himself posted a video online Sunday explaining why the band crossed 30 American dates off their touring schedule following their July 26 show in New Orleans.

"As usual, we bit off way more than we could chew when it came to scheduling,” he explained of yanking shows in Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Salt Lake City and El Paso off their schedule with no explanation.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fatigue??

Meanwhile Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony continue to rock on with Chickenfoot, recently kicking off a 20-something date summer tour.

Van Halen has been nothing but a train wreck since the rift that resulted in the departures of Hagar/Anthony in the late '90s (and that includes the ridiculous "reunion" tour)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:31 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Ah yes, "fatigue". Isn't that code for too much cocaine or/and heroin?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 am 
CFR Fat Cat

Van Halen is living in the past and trying to cash in, using their 80's nostalgia appeal
as a marketing tool, instead of living in the now and creating a new chapter for the band.

The whole point of playing as a musician is to mature musically,
not to keep playing the same way you were when you were in your 20's.

At least Van Halen, circa the late 80's with Hagar, was something different and a bit more mature.

Fuck, remember Poundcake? For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge?
Even that shit rocked harder than this new ish.

And with that new outfit of his, David Lee Roth looks like he should be standing on a corner with a
stack of papers yelling "Read All about it!", or painting the interior of someones loft.

I don't know, maybe if they had called "Tatoo", "Tramp Stamp", I would still be on board.

It's gonna take a bit more than a black and white video and David Lee Roth doing spin kicks
in OshKosh B'Gosh's to convince me, that's for sure.

As for Chickenfoot, definitely a band full of talented musicians that are living in the moment,
creating a new history with a fresh project, I can always respect that.

But, with that being said, I haven't really took a shine to any of the Chickenfoot tunes I heard.

"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine" Henry David Thoreau

"Never go with a hippie to a second location." Jack Donaghy

"Hey, I know that dude" Jeff Spicoli

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 pm 
Merovingian

there simply can be no van halen without michael. i refuse to purchase the new van halen album. funny how bands fuck their members.

as far as chickenfoot...really solid stuff. always been a hagar fan. his days in montrose sculpted him into a solid player & performer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

theorist wrote:
there simply can be no van halen without michael. i refuse to purchase the new van halen album. funny how bands fuck their members.

as far as chickenfoot...really solid stuff. always been a hagar fan. his days in montrose sculpted him into a solid player & performer.

Agreed. The more time goes on, the better Hagar looks in the aftermath of being booted from VH.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm 
Merovingian

was he booted? or did he leave? i'm asking because i don't know for sure. hagar is awesome. perhaps the best voice in rock music. three lock box is one of my favorite albums. hagar is also a pretty decent guitarist as well. but his voice...no one can match it.