The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ace Frehley "No Regrets"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm 
Merovingian

anyone read frehley's book? thought it was a decent read but lacked the detailed inside look at the come back tour and the album and how things went wrong again when he and peter left the band for a second time. he touches on it somewhat but doesn't really go into it.

really surprised that frehley has never done heroin or dropped any lsd. i guess he made up for that with his excessive use of cocaine and alcohol.

liked the book but it could have been more detailed. it appears that he and gene don't really agree on much...go figure. gene is an asshole. i will never purchase anything that gene or paul is associated with.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Didn't read Ace's book, but did read Peter's book -- which I got for Xmas.

Peter plays the victim role a lot but he really tells a lot of backstory on the band, stuff Gene and Paul don't revel in their version of KISStory.

Peter got screwed on the reunion -- and Ace benefited from it -- according to Peter, so that might be why Ace didn't have much to say about their second stint in the band.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:01 pm 
Merovingian

that's interesting that ace benefited and peter did not. can you explain that a little more? according to ace he could have done better but really didn't say much more than he could have negotiated his contract for more money.

if you ask me i'd think they all should have equal percentages since they ARE all original members. it seems gene didn't see it that way.

ace said that when he walked away from kiss in 1982 he was walking away from a 15-20 million dollar new contract that the band was working out with the record label. that's 15-20 million dollars for each member. he said it was never about the money for him. he was there for the music. he said gene is all about the money.

as a kiss fan you need to read it. i didn't know peter had a book out. i'll check out the local library and see if they have it. i'd really like to read it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I don't think there's any question Gene is all about money. We all remember the KISS demon in WCW.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

theorist wrote:
that's interesting that ace benefited and peter did not. can you explain that a little more? according to ace he could have done better but really didn't say much more than he could have negotiated his contract for more money.

This is from Peter's book:
Gene and Paul were splitting 70%, Ace was to get 20% and Peter was to get 10%. Peter balked at that. He didn't think Ace deserved to make more than him.
According to Peter, he and Ace sorted it out and agreed to get the same cut of the money. Afterward, Ace's rep said he was walking away from doing his own album, so he got an extra $100,000 right away.

During the Psycho Circus tour, Peter writes that Ace finally broke down and told him that he had been getting $10,000 more each night than Pete during the tour and was getting a piece of the merchandise that Peter apparently wasn't in on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm 
Merovingian

redsonsuperman wrote:
theorist wrote:

This is from Peter's book:
Gene and Paul were splitting 70%, Ace was to get 20% and Peter was to get 10%. Peter balked at that. He didn't think Ace deserved to make more than him.
According to Peter, he and Ace sorted it out and agreed to get the same cut of the money. Afterward, Ace's rep said he was walking away from doing his own album, so he got an extra $100,000 right away.

During the Psycho Circus tour, Peter writes that Ace finally broke down and told him that he had been getting $10,000 more each night than Pete during the tour and was getting a piece of the merchandise that Peter apparently wasn't in on.

so in other words gene and paul were getting 35% each. why would it be unfair to simply give each member an equal cut. since they are all original members i think that would have been the fair and practical thing to do. as for psycho circus, it was marketed as a new album from original members but ace and peter only played on several of the songs.

ace made a comment in his book that gene and paul were dead set on getting rid of peter back in 1980. it sounds to me like gene and paul simply don't like peter. not surprising that they would give him the shaft. amazing how much money that band generates.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

The way Peter tells it, the reunion s more about making gene and Paul more money. Rings true to me it was not about actually bringing ace and Peter back into the fold.

I think ace and Peter got played, as did the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm 
Merovingian

and to add insult to injury the band uses the catman and the spaceman identities on two members who have nothing to do with creating them. talk about a low blow. seems to me those two identities should have copyright ties to ace and peter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm 
Merovingian

i just got the peter criss book at our local library. looking forward to reading it this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

theorist wrote:
i just got the peter criss book at our local library. looking forward to reading it this weekend.

Cool.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 pm 
Merovingian

just finished peter's book. WOW! what a ride. funny the guy is still alive.

peter gives a pretty honest account of his life i thought. but the one thing that bothers me most is that he acts like such a spoiled child most of the time. when he doesn't get his own way he throws a tantrum like a child would do. and he's so vindictive at times. he seems to have a big problem with revenge or getting even.

nonetheless, he did take a lot of shit from paul and gene. i guess in that respect i can understand why he acted the way he did at times.

he seems to be the type of personality that needs someone to take care of him. he can't seem to take care of himself. he relies so heavily on people around him to do things. then when things go wrong he gets pissed off. maybe if he would start doing things himself he'd have less trouble.

holy shit did he get a lot of pussy or what. and his drug use was unimaginable. everything to extreme.

his stories are so funny. i often found myself laughing my ass off. he certainly has a dislike for gene.

both peter and ace wrote awesome books. i enjoyed them so much. it really takes me back to my teenage years when i read them.