Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Queen
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:21 am 
CFR Fat Cat

Was there a greater band?
Discuss.

I mean, we can start with the fact that Brian May is a guitar god and work towards Freddie.

Post subject: Re: Queen
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:23 am 
Presidential Hopeful

Heeeeere we are...Boooorn to be kings!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:39 am 
CFR Fat Cat

Khyron wrote:

Take care of those you call your own and keep good company...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:05 am 
CFR Fat Cat

Khyron wrote:

boorn to be Kings, we are Princes of the Universe!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:49 pm 
Merovingian

smokincat wrote:
Was there a greater band?
Discuss.

I mean, we can start with the fact that Brian May is a guitar god and work towards Freddie.

i love queen but there are bands out there that i like more. one could argue against may being a 'guitar god', nonetheless, he is far above average. i'd say you get more bang for your buck from the talented three-member bands like rush or triumph. as talent goes who can argue the ability of alex, geddy and neil? rush rules!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:07 pm 
Shadow Person

i'd say you get more bang for your buck from the talented three-member bands like rush or triumph. as talent goes who can argue the ability of alex, geddy and neil? rush rules![/quote]

You are correct sir !!!! Rush is the best !!!!!!!! My all time fave !!!!!!!!!!!!Beatles,Zeppelin,Kansas,Benatar,VanHalen ,Journey,Ac Dc,Genesis, Zebra and The Cars,the early stuff, are my other favorites !!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:06 pm 
Merovingian

after a long wait and many missed opportunities, i finally got to see rush in '02. it was the best concert i have ever seen. talk about talent...there's no band that can play like rush.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:28 am 
Shadow Person

Have you seen all the early videos of them from the 70's on Utube ?
AWESOME !!!!! Geddy's voice is incredible !!!!! Lee, Plant, Mercury(Queen)Benatar,Walsh,(Kansas),and Perry ( Journey) ,are my favorite vocalists !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 pm 
Merovingian

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
AWESOME !!!!! Geddy's voice is incredible !!!!! Lee, Plant, Mercury(Queen)Benatar,Walsh,(Kansas),and Perry ( Journey) ,are my favorite vocalists !!!!

what about hagar? sammy has one of the best voices in rock.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:45 pm 
Shadow Person

theorist wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

what about hagar? sammy has one of the best voices in rock.

I like him !!! Van Halen is one of my favorite bands ! I shouldn't have put Mercury in there . These are my favorites only , not a list of the greatest singers .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 am 
Merovingian

and how about dio? man, that guy has some pipes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:43 am 
CFR Fat Cat

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
i'd say you get more bang for your buck from the talented three-member bands like rush or triumph. as talent goes who can argue the ability of alex, geddy and neil? rush rules!

You are correct sir !!!! Rush is the best !!!!!!!! My all time fave !!!!!!!!!!!!Beatles,Zeppelin,Kansas,Benatar,VanHalen ,Journey,Ac Dc,Genesis, Zebra and The Cars,the early stuff, are my other favorites !!![/quote]
Well, if you want to talk about rock trios, you can't forget the greatest of them all. Motorhead!! lml

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 pm 
Merovingian

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
You are correct sir !!!! Rush is the best !!!!!!!! My all time fave !!!!!!!!!!!!Beatles,Zeppelin,Kansas,Benatar,VanHalen ,Journey,Ac Dc,Genesis, Zebra and The Cars,the early stuff, are my other favorites !!!

Take out AC/DC and your list will look a lot like mine. I would specify that old Genesis (Gabriel days) are the best and I'd add Queensryche, Dream Theater and Pink Floyd to that list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:52 pm 
Merovingian

baemark wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

Take out AC/DC and your list will look a lot like mine. I would specify that old Genesis (Gabriel days) are the best and I'd add Queensryche, Dream Theater and Pink Floyd to that list.

i like their back in black album a lot but their other albums can't compare with that album. it is a great album even better than the old bon scott stuff. i like ac/dc but they are not on my top ten list. probably not even in my top twenty. love queensryche, theater and floyd. in addition to that i'd add uriah heep, deep purple, jethro tull, kansas, yes and triumph but the list goes on and on. i love that old-school rock sound.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 pm 
Merovingian

theorist wrote:
baemark wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

i like their back in black album a lot but their other albums can't compare with that album. it is a great album even better than the old bon scott stuff. i like ac/dc but they are not on my top ten list. probably not even in my top twenty. love queensryche, theater and floyd. in addition to that i'd add uriah heep, deep purple, jethro tull, kansas, yes and triumph but the list goes on and on. i love that old-school rock sound.

Yeah, Uriah Heep was a great band. I love the original Deep Purple line up. Their Live in Japan album is one of the best live albums ever.