The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worst Band Ever
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
Merovingian

i heard a sex pistols song this morning and damn near threw up. i'm still a little nauseated over it and it's been over 10 hours. so i figured i'd start this post. who is the worst band ever?

the sex pistols suck big time!

Post subject: Re: Worst Band Ever
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

It's easy to say a local band or something like that, but since you mean bands that have actually had national releases, at the risk of getting flamed I'm going to say Nirvana. Not just because they helped kill rock and metal (and gave way to country and rap to come to the forefront) but because there were grunge bands that were better than them at the time.

Also because I got sick of hearing that Kurt Cobain was the voice of my generation. How could he be the voice with a mouth full of marbles and shotgun barrells? Dave Grohol I can halfway stand because he doesn't seem to take himself so seriously. But as a group, Nirvana took the fun out of music.

They were 100% corporate puppets made by Viacom. I remember the first time they even mentioned them on MTV and the next day they were playing their video nonstop.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

'Complete' FTW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTT ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

jboston wrote:

Dear God my ears! You win, you win.

Summing up as the Angry Video Game Nerd: "COMPLETE? COMPLETE SHIT IS MORE LIKE IT!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 am 
Eleven Eleven Keyholder

The Beatles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
Summing up as the Angry Video Game Nerd: "COMPLETE? COMPLETE SHIT IS MORE LIKE IT!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:05 pm 
First Time Caller Line

Clendennan wrote:
The Beatles

Ahhhh..... sure..... ahhhh.... if..... you..... say... so.

What meds are you on?

http://www.thebeatles.com/#/images/08_08_1969_7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm 
Shadow Person

:roll: Kiss :roll: ,Black Sabbath :roll: ,ZZ Top :roll: , ,Judas Priest, :roll: Grateful Dead, :twisted: Tip of the iceberg on this subject !!!!!!!!!! :lol: These bands have a few good songs,but that's about it !
I can't understand how so many people hate the Beatles :!: :shock:
There are better bands,but you can't deny the contributions they've made to music that will live forever :!:
2 bands that are certainly better technically and are my personal favorites ,are Rush and Zeppelin !!! :D 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:02 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

To answer the thread: Winger, Cinderella, EnuffZNuff, Bullet Boys.

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:roll: Kiss :roll: ,Black Sabbath :roll: ,ZZ Top :roll: , ,Judas Priest, :roll: Grateful Dead, :twisted: Tip of the iceberg on this subject !!!!!!!!!! :lol: These bands have a few good songs,but that's about it !
I can't understand how so many people hate the Beatles :!: :shock:
There are better bands,but you can't deny the contributions they've made to music that will live forever :!:
2 bands that are certainly better technically and are my personal favorites ,are Rush and Zeppelin !!! :D 8)

These bands had "a few good songs."

Yeah, and Manson is just a little bit crazy.

There wouldn't be a Rush if it weren't for KISS letting them tour with them nationally.

Asked what he would say now to Geddy Lee, Simmons said: "Well, we took them out on their first tour. I would say, "You're welcome."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

redsonsuperman wrote:

Asked what he would say now to Geddy Lee, Simmons said: "Well, we took them out on their first tour. I would say, "You're welcome."

Typical horseshit from human slimeball, prostitute, and egomaniac Gene Simmons. Both Peter Criss and Ace Frehely have had great things to say about touring with Rush, complementing them both as musicians and as a band. Leave it to least talented bass player in the world to try make it about him. He should shut the fuck up and go back to making KISS pencil holders or whatever it is he does these days.

And for their part, Rush have said that they learned a lot about what NOT to do from Simmons. Geddy Lee could outplay that hack with two missing arms.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:19 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
human slimeball, prostitute, and egomaniac Gene Simmons.

well i won't disagree with you on that, or that gene and paul owe a lot o peter and ace.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 am 
Shadow Person

Orpheus wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:

Typical horseshit from human slimeball, prostitute, and egomaniac Gene Simmons. Both Peter Criss and Ace Frehely have had great things to say about touring with Rush, complementing them both as musicians and as a band. Leave it to least talented bass player in the world to try make it about him. He should shut the fuck up and go back to making KISS pencil holders or whatever it is he does these days.

And for their part, Rush have said that they learned a lot about what NOT to do from Simmons. Geddy Lee could outplay that hack with two missing arms.

RUSH should pay them back then,by teaching them how to play !!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm 
Merovingian

I've never really liked AC/DC very much. I like a few of their songs, but it's hard to listen to a whole album of theirs. Kiss would have a couple of really really good songs on and album, then the rest would just be junk. I always wondered why they couldn't take more pride in their work. I also never got into Kid Rock. Rap just sucks, no matter how you try to spice it up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:34 am 
Oil Industry Executive

baemark wrote:
Kiss would have a couple of really really good songs on and album, then the rest would just be junk. I always wondered why they couldn't take more pride in their work. .

Because with Simmons it's never been about music or artistry. Hiss inferior bass playing is a testament to that. KISS isn't a band, it's a licensing firm. All he ever cared about was slapping a logo on everything he could and screwing anything that moves.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:23 pm 
Merovingian

Orpheus wrote:
baemark wrote:
Kiss would have a couple of really really good songs on and album, then the rest would just be junk. I always wondered why they couldn't take more pride in their work. .

Because with Simmons it's never been about music or artistry. Hiss inferior bass playing is a testament to that. KISS isn't a band, it's a licensing firm. All he ever cared about was slapping a logo on everything he could and screwing anything that moves.

You're right, it's definitely a group that jumped the shark long ago.