The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worst Band Ever
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:40 pm 
Merovingian

after they way simmons and stanley treated ace and peter i could care less about kiss these days. i used to be a big fan though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:41 am 
C2C Stalwart

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:

Asked what he would say now to Geddy Lee, Simmons said: "Well, we took them out on their first tour. I would say, "You're welcome."

Typical horseshit from human slimeball, prostitute, and egomaniac Gene Simmons. Both Peter Criss and Ace Frehely have had great things to say about touring with Rush, complementing them both as musicians and as a band. Leave it to least talented bass player in the world to try make it about him. He should shut the fuck up and go back to making KISS pencil holders or whatever it is he does these days.

And for their part, Rush have said that they learned a lot about what NOT to do from Simmons. Geddy Lee could outplay that hack with two missing arms.

RUSH should pay them back then,by teaching them how to play !!!!! :lol:

Rush should pay them back by learning how to play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 am 
Oil Industry Executive

If you don't like Rush, that's fine, but objectively speaking they're superior musicians to KISS is about every respect. Geddy Lee in particular makes Gene Simmons look like some dope that picked up a bass for the first time about five minutes before he went on stage.

Of course, that piece of shit has looked like that for close to forty years now, so I guess that isn't saying much.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:47 pm 
Merovingian

RustyShackleford wrote:

OMG! have you lost your mind? rush puts kiss to shame without even trying.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am 
C2C Stalwart

theorist wrote:
RustyShackleford wrote:

Compared to Deep Purple?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 am 
Shadow Person

RustyShackleford wrote:
theorist wrote:
RustyShackleford wrote:

Compared to Deep Purple?

8) Rush is the best band ever !!!!!! :D Deep Purple are really good too !!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 am 
Shadow Person

Orpheus wrote:
If you don't like Rush, that's fine, but objectively speaking they're superior musicians to KISS is about every respect. Geddy Lee in particular makes Gene Simmons look like some dope that picked up a bass for the first time about five minutes before he went on stage.

Of course, that piece of shit has looked like that for close to forty years now, so I guess that isn't saying much.

:lol: Couldn't have said it better myself Orpheus !!!!!! :) :D :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:32 pm 
Hoagland-esque

The "music" that sucks the most:
rap "artists"
screamo bands
boy bands
disney bands
american idol winners
A lot of country
Several rock bands.

Music just plain flat out sucks now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:52 pm 
C2C Stalwart

RustyShackleford wrote:
theorist wrote:
RustyShackleford wrote:

Compared to Deep Purple?

Roger Glover runs circles around Geddy Lee, Ritchie Blackmore is still teaching Lifeson how to play guitar, Ian Paice? C'mon...Neil Peart doesn't hold a torch to him. And Ian Gillan? Greatest singer of all time. I"ll give you that Rush is a better band than Kiss...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:43 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

None of you have mentioned Nickeback yet.. good god, I get a serious case of douche chills when I hear even a second of any of their garbage.

But there are tons of really bad bands out there these days. I can probably rattle off a hundred of them. It's like the god damn 80's all over again, like all the crappy pop bands and bad hair metal bands that were on MTV (or in my case Much Music) every 2 seconds.

It's a nasty cycle in the music biz. Put out crap, kids buy until they get smart, good music comes out, kids buy, music industry clones and over saturates, things get crappy again, younger kids buy...and the cycle begins anew.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 pm 
Shadow Person

OMG! have you lost your mind? rush puts kiss to shame without even trying.[/quote]
Compared to Deep Purple?[/quote]
Roger Glover runs circles around Geddy Lee, Ritchie Blackmore is still teaching Lifeson how to play guitar, Ian Paice? C'mon...Neil Peart doesn't hold a torch to him. And Ian Gillan? Greatest singer of all time. I"ll give you that Rush is a better band than Kiss...[/quote]

:roll: That's silly !!!! Rush is amazing !!!! People just have different taste !!!!!!!! You prefer Purple's sound .
Peart has influenced millions of young drummers and being a drummer myself,Ian Paice is not on his level !!!! SORRY !!!! :lol: Peart is not the same as he used to be though !!!!! :cry: The music doesn't allow him !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm 
Merovingian

paice is a great drummer. he has been one of my favorites since i was young. but neil peart has taken drumming to an entire new level. there are only a few drummers that have achieved that level of skill. perhaps it's partly his style? but he's still damn good. other great drummers are ginger baker, steve smith and mike portnoy. if there is one drummer that is above peart i'd have to say it's ginger baker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 pm 
Merovingian

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Peart is not the same as he used to be though !!!!! :cry: The music doesn't allow him !!!

i might have to disagree with you on this one mysteryman. peart is better than ever. the rio dvd drum solo is absolutely phenomenal. i think he's getting better with age. i saw rush in '02. it was the best damn concert i have ever seen.

what is your favorite rush album? for me it's moving pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 pm 
Shadow Person

theorist wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Peart is not the same as he used to be though !!!!! :cry: The music doesn't allow him !!!

i might have to disagree with you on this one mysteryman. peart is better than ever. the rio dvd drum solo is absolutely phenomenal. i think he's getting better with age. i saw rush in '02. it was the best damn concert i have ever seen.

what is your favorite rush album? for me it's moving pictures.

:wink: I mean what he puts out in the songs . They are more reserved than the old days !!!! Less chops !!!! :cry:

My favorite RUSH albums are : :) :D 8)
A Farewell to Kings -REALLY GOOD-GREAT
2112 REALLY GOOD -GREAT
Hemispheres-REALLY GOOD-GREAT
Moving Pictures - PERFECT
Exit Stage Left-PERFECT
Signals -GREAT-PERFECT
Presto -VERY GOOD-REALLY GOOD-GREAT

Ginger Baker ? What am I not seeing ....or hearing ? He's not in Peart's class either ! Maybe I just haven't heard enough ?
Peart,Bonham,Smith,Van Halen,.....don't forget Phil Collins !!!!!! Kansas drummer Phil Ehart is damn good also !!!! The fusion drummers kick ass too !!!! Weckl,Cobham,Gadd,Rayford Griffin from Ponty band,Chad Wackerman ,Gary Husband from Holdsworth band .BUDDY RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are more ,but ,these are mine !!! :D 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am 
C2C Stalwart

theorist wrote:
paice is a great drummer. he has been one of my favorites since i was young. but neil peart has taken drumming to an entire new level. there are only a few drummers that have achieved that level of skill. perhaps it's partly his style? but he's still damn good. other great drummers are ginger baker, steve smith and mike portnoy. if there is one drummer that is above peart i'd have to say it's ginger baker.

Yeah, but if there's one drummer who is above Ginger Baker (who is great..don't get me wrong) it's Keith Moon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next