The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:11 am 
Merovingian

I just got both of these from Amazon. I have barely started Rule by Secrecy which was recommended to me by LMH as a great book, but I was wondering if anyone else here has read these and have any comments on them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

I wrote this a while back.

Quote:
"Rule by Secrecy" is the A number 1 book I recommend to anyone starting out. I've probably given 3 or 4 copies as Christmas gifts over the last 3 years or so.

But the layout is top notch, the research is fantastic, there's some good humour in there and it is the ideal starting point for anyone trying to scratch at the surface of esoterica for the first time. For someone who knows the score of the game, however, it may come off as "old hat".

That said, it occupies a place right on my computer desk in the office as it is an invaluable resource for research and I often find myself turning to it when a need info on an obsure sect like the P2 Lodge or the Monrovingians.

Not to mention that I have an autographed copy by the man himself stating "Howdy Tim, Knowledge is power. Here's some power for you. Best Regards, Jim Marrs"

Rule By Secrecy was what got me started in esoterica in the 1st place, so it has a fond place in my heart.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:32 pm 
Merovingian

That is interesting that a book would get you started. LMH told me it was a great book, the best on the subject. It is kind of strange that I have never read it before, but I mostly read fiction so I guess it isn't that strange. I feel kind of bad because I have stacks of books I want to read that keep getting pushed back while I read newer ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:12 pm 
Bohemian Grove Member in Good Standing

lesley wrote:
That is interesting that a book would get you started. LMH told me it was a great book, the best on the subject. It is kind of strange that I have never read it before, but I mostly read fiction so I guess it isn't that strange. I feel kind of bad because I have stacks of books I want to read that keep getting pushed back while I read newer ones.

I was reading the book last night. I am somewhat disappointed with the last chapter. Jim starts quoting Garder and Zitchen. It also bothers me that he spends so much time on Icke. Overall, it is a solid book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:17 pm 
Bohemian Grove Member in Good Standing

dark matter wrote:
lesley wrote:

I was reading the book last night. I am somewhat disappointed with the last chapter. Jim starts quoting Garder and Zitchen. It also bothers me that he spends so much time on Icke. Overall, it is a solid book.

One thought in it that my mind has been lingering on is that the God of Israel is the synthsis of three other gods.

ISis RA Bael

What do you think? I wish I had time to seriously research this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:02 am 
Merovingian

lesley wrote:
I just got both of these from Amazon. I have barely started Rule by Secrecy which was recommended to me by LMH as a great book, but I was wondering if anyone else here has read these and have any comments on them?

Wow! This post was from 2005! It seems like just yesterday.