The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Not sure how I feel about this. Genius move by Jim, given the Da Vinci madness, but I'm not a huge fiction fan.

Book is due out Nov. 1st.

http://www.amazon.com/Sisterhood-Rose-Jim-Marrs/dp/1934708291

The Sisterhood of the Rose

Quote:
Synopsis: Late in World War II, Adolf Hitler is about to achieve his greatest victory: the capture of Solomon’s Treasure, the world’s most sacred treasure trove, representing both gold and precious gems as well as ancient knowledge. He believes it will guarantee his dream of a thousand-year Reich.

Can Giselle Tchaikovsky, a young American woman who achieved fame as a teenage ballet dancer in the 1930s, stop Hitler’s dream of world conquest? Can the secret sisterhood she creates do anything against the Nazi juggernaut of men and machines? Will the sisterhood bring about a resurgence of the feminine goddess aspect of humanity in time to spare the world this madman’s holocaust?

Jim Marrs presents an edgy combination of fact and fiction in this wide-reaching story of ancient secrets uncovered in the midst of war. It’s a tale of love and war, ancient mysteries, and the struggle to balance the human soul.

The first novel from Marrs, this book follows his New York Times bestseller The Rise of the Fourth Reich. He uses his factual research into the Nazis' fascination with the occult and their search for iconic treasures as a basis for the novel.

A native of Fort Worth, Texas, Jim Marrs has worked as an investigative reporter for several newspapers, including the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Marrs' in-depth investigation of UFOs, Alien Agenda, is the best-selling UFO book ever; Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy was a New York Times bestseller, as was Rule By Secrecy.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Geez. I usually buy Marrs' books. Not sure if I'll be picking up fiction though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:46 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

I think it's a smart move. If his book gets hot, then perhaps it will bring people into esoterica that wouldn't have given it a second thought before. Plus, he won't have the stigma of putting out a book that rewrites what a lot of people hold as sacred as was the case with the Davinci Code.

My bet is that after it's released we'll be seeing a lot of new peeps here at the USofE and even if just a few of them stay and contribute it's a good thing. I mean, I first came here after finding Tims interview with James Guttman about wrestling (ok, my being here is still to be seen if it's a good thing by the members and if Tim regrets that interview) so like I said, I think it's a good thing.

Ok, and I love GOOD fiction, and I'm willing to bet Jim will do right by his fans.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:07 pm 
Merovingian

mars is a twin of my anthropology professor. no kidding. the resemblance is uncanny.

another guy who makes a grand living on conspiracy theory. about the only thing i agree with him on is jfk. nonetheless his book crossfire wasn't the best on the subject. his 911 truth movement association really turns me off. mars is one my most disliked coast guest next to alex jones and ed dames.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:58 pm 
Merovingian

I'd read the book, I hope it's good. I know Jim has always had an interest in WWII so this might be a way for him to share that interest with the world.