The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

This will not end well for her, and my prediction has 0% to do with her ability to drive a race car.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

I see her slapping Kyle Bush and getting knocked the fuck out by the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

She has an uphill battle to prove that she can drive a stock car. Open wheel drivers that succeed in NASCAR are few and far between.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:41 pm 
Eleven Eleven Keyholder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

That picture is worth a hell of a lot more than a thousand words.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:39 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Yep, it the "NHL" model. Unprecedented growth followed by a catastrophic plummet. It's amazing how things that have been around for decades upon decades can still become fads later on, but damned if it doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:50 am 
Oil Industry Executive

And she's already off to a great start! Running outside the top 20 for the duration and then getting knocked out in a pile up.

The savior of NASCAR is here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:49 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I wouldn't be surprised if NASCAR is actually OK with a little more bump-and-grind on the track -- even if they cause accidents. It adds excitement to the races, and all of the new safety systems put into place over the past decade help to keep them from turning deadly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:07 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

She wrecked again. She blows.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

What she did in racing terms is called "divebombing". Add to that the fact that she was on new tires and McDowell was in a damaged car with no possible way to get out of her way in time. Then, to top it off she blames him.

It has nothing to do with it being a stock car. That sort of aggressive driving is frowned upon in all forms of motorsports. This was not her first run-in, she has done this her entire career.

I hope she does well because her success will equal success for NASCAR and a rising tide lifts all ships. Unfortunately she has the driving skills of Michael Waltrip mixed with the shitty attitude of the Busch brothers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 am 
Oil Industry Executive

I only tangentially follow racing, but hasn't her past M.O. been that she fucks up with some lame mistake, takes somebody else out, then blames them?

This chick has attitude problems and no accountability whatsoever. If she were a fat guy named Larry, she'd be in danger of losing sponsorship and being out of racing altogether. I think the luster has worn off. She was never THAT attractive anyway (she has the body of a 12 year old boy), but now that the novelty of a semi-good looking woman racing cars has worn off, I think people sort of see that she's...just not that good at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:27 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

jboston wrote:
What she did in racing terms is called "divebombing". Add to that the fact that she was on new tires and McDowell was in a damaged car with no possible way to get out of her way in time. Then, to top it off she blames him.

It has nothing to do with it being a stock car. That sort of aggressive driving is frowned upon in all forms of motorsports. This was not her first run-in, she has done this her entire career.

I hope she does well because her success will equal success for NASCAR and a rising tide lifts all ships. Unfortunately she has the driving skills of Michael Waltrip mixed with the shitty attitude of the Busch brothers.

Apparently this was her last race, as she's going back to IndyCar....

I didn't see the race, but McDowell actually said it was his fault, that he misjudged her closing rate.

"I guess she was coming out on new tires, and the closing rate was so fast," McDowell said. "I tried to give the outside, I saw her coming into it and I closed the door. It was completely 100 percent my fault. I hate it for everyone at JR Motorsports. Like I said, I take 100 percent responsibility."

Patrick, who had climbed as high as third earlier in the race, was livid on the radio and uttered a few profanities immediately after the accident. She finally asked crew chief Tony Eury Jr. where to take her battered car. The hood folded like an accordion, she complained she couldn't even see where she was going.

"It's gonna be all right, babe," Eury told her.

"I can barely see," she replied.

Once back in the garage, she was biting in her assessment of the accident.

"I guess I should have noticed the tape on his left-rear bumper. I probably shouldn't have been near his left-rear bumper," she said. "Sure enough, he turned down and took us both out. What are you going to do? It was a real bummer because I was really hooked up out there because we had new tires on it and I was probably one of the quicker cars on the track."

She also praised Harvick for pointing out the correct racing line to her early in the race.