The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL PLAYOFFS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

What a bummer.. Both Ottawa and Montreal managed to avoid elimination...Oh well maybe next game...lol

Did anyone see that slaughter in Vancouver last night? Wow.. LA got schooled. The best part was in the last 5 min 2 different LA players started fights to, I guess try to create some sort of positive for the Kings, and BOTH guys got their asses kicked HARD.... The second guy fell into the boards and looked like he dislocated his shoulder.

The Kings coach was pissed. If you are gonna try to spark the team with a fight, you had better win, or at least last more then 5 seconds before getting knocked the fuck out lmao.

@redsonsuperman...
If buffalo can get win the next one and gain some momentum, then I would agree, Tim may have to worry if a game 7 were to happen. It's really up to the Buffalo players (excluding Miller) who have played really sloppy hockey thus far.

Not to totally shit on Boston, I will give credit where it is due. And that is Tukka Rask. If they do make it far, it will be cause of that kid. That kid is gonna be something big in the coming years. Like I said in an earlier post, it was one of the dumbest trades (well one of many dumb moves the GM at the time made) the Leafs made in years. Him for Raycroft. The Leafs decided to trade Rask and keep another Prospect named Justin Poge, who was touted as the second coming of Ken Dryden or something. He played like 5 NHL games and got shelled in each one and left Toronto a broken, damaged kid still playing in the AHL somewhere. lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Tonight is a big night.. 3 games that can either eliminate 3 teams, or possibly set up some game 7's. There is already a game 7 scheduled for tomorrow.

So far we have San Jose knocking off the Av's in 6 (I was dead on on that one)
Penguins taking out the Sens in 6 (I was one game off on that one)
Flyers killing the Devils in 5 ( I dead wrong on that series)
Vancouver ousting the Kings in 6 (again, one game off my prediction)

Tonight we have Washington poised to eliminate Montreal, Boston with a chance to send the Sabers packing and Chicago ahead of Nashville.

Tomorrow night will either see the Wings or Phoenix going home after their game 7 tilt.

I better start getting my second round picks ready lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Yesss. The Bruins (small) miracle run continues !

Buffalo ... more like Buffa-no. (See what I did there?)

Bring on ... whoever is next.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
Yesss. The Bruins (small) miracle run continues !

Buffalo ... more like Buffa-no. (See what I did there?)

Bring on ... whoever is next.

LMAO, ya dude, I seen what you did there... Clever, but do they have what it takes to make it any further? I am not sure.

They will play either Pittsburgh or Philadelphia in the next round depending on the out come of the Washington/Montreal series. If the Caps win, they will play the Penguins, which will be a lot harder to beat then "Buffa-no". I was sure as shit Montreal was gonna get killed last night, but their goalie played like a man possessed and stopped 53 of 54 shots, or something crazy like that.

Chicago finished off Nashville last night. So the rematch of Vancouver Vs Chicago from last year will take place... Can the Canucks get sweet revenge for their premature ousting last season? Should be a great series.

San Jose will face either Detroit or Phoenix depending on the results from tonight's game 7. I think the Sharks got their shit together at the end of the series, and will be able to beat who ever they face in the next round.

It will all be locked up tomorrow though, so we will have to wait and see the final results.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:09 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Well I am shocked that Montreal upset Washington tonight. It was the second biggest upset in playoff history, point differential wise from first seed to eighth seed (33 pt difference)

They sure blocked a lot of shots in the last 2 games. It was amazing that they came back to win that series. I hate Montreal, but I have to give credit where it's due.

Well now we are moving to the second round. The match-ups are set. Prediction time.

In the West we have:

Vancouver vs Chicago. Vancouver has a chance for revenge after last years loss to Chicago. I will take the Canucks in this one.

Then it's San Jose Vs Detroit. I think the Sharks got their shit together near the end of the last series. Detroit barley beat Phoenix. I will take San Jose in this series.

In the East it is now:

Montreal vs Pittsburgh. Montreal pulled of a big upset against the Caps, but I don't think they can do it again. The Penguins are a little deeper on play off experience with winning the cup last year. Montreal may have some momentum after the opening round, but I still think Pittsburgh will come out ahead in the end.

Boston Vs Philadelphia. Boston too pulled of a bit of an upset in the first round. Boston has Savard back in the line up, which will help them a lot. I didn't think Boston would go this far, but I think they will have a shot against the Flyers. So they will be my pick this round. Boston over Philadelphia.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Stucifer joins the (small) miracle bandwagon. Welcome aboard, bud. I'll order up some Molson for you.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
Stucifer joins the (small) miracle bandwagon. Welcome aboard, bud. I'll order up some Molson for you.

LOL thanks dude, But I am more of a Labbatt's man myself lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Stucifer wrote:
binnall wrote:

I was 4-for-4 in the west, 1-for-4 in the east.

Wings (Marleau, Thornton, Heatley combined for 1 goal vs. the lowly Avs)
Canucks

Flyers (Chris Pronger's going to punk some Bruins, you watch)
Pens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

redsonsuperman wrote:
Stucifer wrote:
binnall wrote:

I was 4-for-4 in the west, 1-for-4 in the east.

Wings (Marleau, Thornton, Heatley combined for 1 goal vs. the lowly Avs)
Canucks

Flyers (Chris Pronger's going to punk some Bruins, you watch)
Pens

I was certain I was gonna be 6 for 8 over all. Caps had a few chances to knock off Montreal, and that Detroit series went down to the wire. I got screwed lmao.

Hopefully I do better this round.

And I don't doubt that Pronger will punk some Bruins. That dirty fucker will be elbowing heads into the glass when ever he has the chance lmao. Oh and Carcillo is a dirty fucker too. Watch out for him doing some shady shit along the way.lol.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Go sharks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:12 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Area51 wrote:
Go sharks!

Pavelski continues a magical postseason run. Wow. :shock:

But what's up with Marleau?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:17 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

redsonsuperman wrote:
Area51 wrote:
Go sharks!

Pavelski continues a magical postseason run. Wow. :shock:

But what's up with Marleau?

You're right, the sharks second line has put up the big numbers for them thus far. Pavelski being a big help for the team.

Not sure why Marleau is out. He skated with the team at the warm up. Can't be anything to serious. Probably tweaked something.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

As Tony Kornheiser said the Caps are "dying, choking dogs". I can't believe they blew a 3-1 series lead and lost game 7 at home.

There's a lot of confidence here in Pittsburgh about the series with Montreal but I'm not so sure. It's not like the Habs won a single fluke game against the number 1 seed. They beat them four times to win the series and the Caps swept the Pens in the regular season (see where I'm going here). The entire playoffs for the Pens is going to be determined by their goalie Marc-Andre Fleury. With Crosby playing as well as he is and IF Fleury plays in top form they will win the Cup.

BTW, after the Olympics and the playoffs can we now call him Alexander O-wretch-kin...get it? LOL...get it?...pfft, whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

jboston wrote:
As Tony Kornheiser said the Caps are "dying, choking dogs". I can't believe they blew a 3-1 series lead and lost game 7 at home.

There's a lot of confidence here in Pittsburgh about the series with Montreal but I'm not so sure. It's not like the Habs won a single fluke game against the number 1 seed. They beat them four times to win the series and the Caps swept the Pens in the regular season (see where I'm going here). The entire playoffs for the Pens is going to be determined by their goalie Marc-Andre Fleury. With Crosby playing as well as he is and IF Fleury plays in top form they will win the Cup.

BTW, after the Olympics and the playoffs can we now call him Alexander O-wretch-kin...get it? LOL...get it?...pfft, whatever.

He's still the best player in hockey -- wayyyyyyy better than Sindy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
He's still the best player in hockey -- wayyyyyyy better than Sindy.

He may be better but wayyyyy better...uh, no. He's definitely not a better leader and remember, Crosby has won the Stanley Cup and Olympic gold.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next