The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Playoffs (2010)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:04 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Ray effffffffffin Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:16 am 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
Ray effffffffffin Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You said it, RSS.

Finally recovered enough to comment on the game. Out-fucking-standing stuff.

It's about time that Kobe stopped getting the "star treatment" from the refs. That said, the officiating has been pretty atrocious for both games. I'm hopeful that that will change, but also skeptical. Hey, at least it gives the whiny "Zen Master" something to cry about during his post-game press conferences.

Celtics got nothing from KG and Pierce, but still managed to win Game 2. That's a good sign to me. I expect them both to have big games at some point in the series. Plus, Big Baby (and, to a lesser extent, Rasheed and Lil' Nate) should put in one big game somewhere along the way as well.

I'm not going to get too cocky, because Sunday's game was a war and I expect the rest of the series to be that way as well.

That said, no word yet from Gorightly. Where are you hiding, you Purple & Gold bastard ?!

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Ugh. Celtics down 12 at halftime.

Pierce and Ray Allen have got to step it up here. RSS, I bow to you (slightly), since Rasheed has taken far too many shots and missed so far tonight. Then again, if he were hitting them, the C's would be winning (or close) and I'd be raving about him.

Anyway, 2nd half about to start. This fucking game is pivotal. I expect the 3rd quarter may decide this one and I'm nervous about that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, Celtics weather the 3rd quarter and are now only down by 6. This game is workable. This game is winnable still.

C's now down by 4 !! I'm flipping out. Wish somehow we could capture this in a bottle.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

Come on Binnall, have a little faith, this is a smokin' come back b the C's. They've got to close this one out!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Digger,

They've got to overcome the hump here. I've watched too many games where the team goes down by like 15, comes super close and never manages to re-take the lead. C's gotta make it happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

Sigh. Told ya ... couldn't get over the hump.

This is beginning to make me ornery.

Somewhere, Gorightly crows with the delight of the demons in Purple and Gold. Damn you, sir, damn you to hell, I say.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:49 am 
C2C Annual Guest

binnall wrote:

That said, no word yet from Gorightly. Where are you hiding, you Purple & Gold bastard ?!

My silence is that of the zen master.

As you act, I react, for each move of my adversary, is a counter move, until at last, vanquished, I stand above my fallen opponent, awaiting to administer the final, life robbing blow.

My beloved Lake Show takes the same zen master (silent but deadly) approach, like the ninja or Chuck Norris. Let the adversary gloat and pump their chests, but it’s all smoke and mirrors. Green glad cowards with their foolish banners overhead.

We are assassins of purity, clad in purple and gold; destroyers of kingdoms. D-Fish with a swish and it's all over, suddenly, triumphantly, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:50 am 
Site Admin

GORIGHTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY !!!!

[fist shake]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

He went from Ray effin Allen to WTF Ray.

Oh, and TB, I don't want to say I told you so just yet, but how about 'SHEED missing the WIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE OPENNNN THREEE up top at a crucial spot in the fourth .

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDE OPENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. CLLLANK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

C's wasted a great effort by KG. He started that game like he just stepped out of the 'juvenation machine. It was electric with him scoring the first 6 points of the game, 4 on alley oop dunks. I think he had about a dozen in the 1st quarter. Allen was just brutal with his shot though which, in the end, cost them the game. He was only off by a smidge all night but with the jumper, a smidge may as well be a mile.

Even though I'ma C's fan, I am just loving the way this series is building. 1st game was almost unwatchable due to the ref's, 2nd game was a (for me) guilty celebration of all things Rondo and RayRay, last night was like a heavyweight battle with both teams throwing haymakers. D'fish then steals the day with a 'juvenation machine performance of his own. His lefty j looks awful going up but it was going down like a good bottle of IPA.

Can't wait for game 4, I will be watching.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Tensions are high here in Beantown this evening. Absolutely must-win game for the C's tonight.

Full disclosure: I made a drunken phone call to Gorightly after Game 3, because I was so forlorn and disgusted with the C's loss on Tuesday night. As I told him, Bynum is killing the Celtics, since they don't seem to have any answer for him, especially.

We shall see how tonight shakes out. I have not given up faith, but it is being tested, for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

Watching Game 4 now ... refs just pulled a total bullshit 3 second violation against Garnett. Out-fucking-rageous ... the NBA is as crooked as a question mark. Big Baby, save us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

Outstanding ... Big Baby is on fucking fire and Rasheed just lost his mind. Love it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:42 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Outstanding ... Big Baby is on fucking fire and Rasheed just lost his mind. Love it.

Sheed leaves for the locker room with less than a minute left. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next