The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Playoffs (2010)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
Sheed leaves for the locker room with less than a minute left. :roll:

Sheed's back hurt and he may have bitten a spectator if he'd been left out there.

It's all good. C's win Game 4.

All tied up. My faith is restored. This shit ain't over.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

No gloating, no taunting of Gorightly, no elaborate foolishness from me tonight.

The C's are on the cusp ... now they must go back to LA and finish the job ... then I will explode.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

As much as I loathe 'Sheed, I actually found myself rooting for the C's to win last night.

Every time I want to root for the Lakers because of 'Sheed, I get a image of Auerbach puffing on that cigar.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
Every time I want to root for the Lakers because of 'Sheed, I get a image of Auerbach puffing on that cigar.

Speaking of which, Phil Jackson has made me hate him more than ever throughout this series. The pompous arrogance of the Zen Master is repugnant. I really hope he gets his comeuppance when this is all said and done.

Report from the front lines ... The Boston area is tense, very tense. Much like your venerable correspondant, it is ready to explode. I'll be honest and admit that I am terrified of the Celtics losing tonight, because I'm not quite sure my body can handle the stress of a Celtics v. Lakers Game 7. For my own health and well being, the C's must win tonight.

On a personal level, this has been an amazing ride the last six weeks and an enormously pleasant surprise that I never expected for the Summer of 2010.

Today's Herald just about sums it up ...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:48 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Since the only basketball player I've ever liked was Larry Byrd, I always pull for the Celtics in the playoffs. With that said, I never watch them, but I see if they win or not.

(I say this as an Arkansas native who played a few pickup games in school alongside Corliss Williamson when they were having the state tourney at my school. Since I was fat, noone blocked me and he'd keep passing to me to drain 3's lol-other than that I sucked lol)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Game Six thoughts so far ...

This is fucking outrageous. Celtics playing like shit so far. Perkins down with a potential injury, 'Sheed with 3 fouls, insane rebound differential.

C's need a serious run here to go into the 2nd half within striking distance. At least Big Baby is in there to add some much needed energy and desire.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:39 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Game Six thoughts so far ...

This is fucking outrageous. Celtics playing like shit so far. Perkins down with a potential injury, 'Sheed with 3 fouls, insane rebound differential.

C's need a serious run here to go into the 2nd half within striking distance. At least Big Baby is in there to add some much needed energy and desire.

'Sheed, 'Sheed, 'Sheed.

but I didn't expect the rest of the team to get whacked that like that. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

Somewhere ... the purple and gold goblin, himself, Adam Gorightly giggles with delight.

This isn't over ... Game Seven.

I'm hoping and praying that the C's can pull this one out and, to a lesser degree, that I can withstand either result.

I'll see you in hell, Gorightly !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:58 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Despite 'Sheed, the C's will win for one reason and one reason only:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 am 
Oil Industry Executive

Red Auerbach's ghost is going to strangle Kobe Bryant?

Sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Things don't look good for Perkins. Sounds like 'Sheed or Big Baby will get the start on Thursday. We'll see how the C's respond.

I'm nervous, but it's going to be fucking intense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:42 am 
C2C Annual Guest

binnall wrote:
Speaking of which, Phil Jackson has made me hate him more than ever throughout this series. The pompous arrogance of the Zen Master is repugnant. I really hope he gets his comeuppance when this is all said and done.

How dare you address the Zen Master in such a disrespectful manner! He is a man of great wisdom who speaks the unbridled truth!!!

binnall wrote:
Report from the front lines ... The Boston area is tense, very tense. Much like your venerable correspondant, it is ready to explode. I'll be honest and admit that I am terrified of the Celtics losing tonight, because I'm not quite sure my body can handle the stress of a Celtics v. Lakers Game 7. For my own health and well being, the C's must win tonight.

As always, you have a flair for the dramatic, Binnall...My advice for you for game 7 is to drink heavily...of course, you we're probably gonna do that anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:50 am 
Site Admin

Gorightly wrote:
As always, you have a flair for the dramatic, Binnall...My advice for you for game 7 is to drink heavily...of course, you we're probably gonna do that anyway.

Hmm, speaking from experience?

Look who emerges in the dead of night to poke at the wounded C's fan.

Perkins down with massive knee damage. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was some kind of Hollywood hex. Probably Bill Plasche's doing.

I have faith in the Celtics to produce. Aside from Kobe, and Gasol/Artest on very good nights, the Lake Show are poseurs and will be exposed as such when Game 7 is all said and done. Teams win championships, not superstars, just ask D-Wade, LeBron, and Dwight Howard ... all victims of the Green Machine this Spring. Kobe is next.

Tomorrow night's game is going to be so fucking epic that I will need to post in the morning so that the world knows I am alive, regardless of the outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Gorightly wrote:
binnall wrote:
How dare you address the Zen Master in such a disrespectful manner! He is a man of great wisdom who speaks the unbridled truth!!!

I can only assume by "unbridled truth" you mean "wild-horse hockey" given that you are referencing the putrid buncombe that issues forth from the mouth of this Dutchman's Pipe Flower Child.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, what he said. You tell him, Vamp !

Notes from the front lines ... if Tuesday was very tense, then today may best be classified as "fucking insanely tense." Everyone I have talked to today has been grossly preoccupied with tonight's game. It's everywhere you turn.

The C's fans have not given up hope, despite the poor showing in Game 6 and losing Perkins. If anything, we are emboldened by the awful mainstream media which is practically handing the championship to the Lakers before the game has been played.

This is all hands on deck tonight as I will be watching the game at my friend's house, but will also try and post a few times on Twitter as things unfold.

The Celtics need strong showings from 'Sheed and Big Baby tonight. They are critical. Rondo must shine. The Big Three realize that this is a career defining game and must play as such. Doc will have to outsmart the 'Zen Master.' All of these things are possible.

Off to buy chicken wings and beer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next