The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 am 
Site Admin

How long until Cliff Lee signs with the Spankees?

Where will Manny end up?

Other questions I am too tired to write.

Stay tuned ...

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Fuck yes ... Red Sox trade for Adrian Gonzalez !

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5882356

In 2010, Gonzalez "batted .298 with 31 home runs and 101 RBIs for the Padres last season. He finished fifth in the National League in on-base percentage (.393), ninth in slugging (.511) and first in hitting with runners in scoring position (.407)"

He is expected to be even better at Fenway.

In other news, Spankees re-sign Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter (rumoured).

Also, RSS's beloved Tigers seem to be big players this off-season, already picking up Victor Martinez.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:09 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

There is no love for the Tigers or baseball anymore. :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I don't know why the Tigers even bother.

When the Spanks can "afford" to pay a USELESS, FOOLSGold Glove shortstop more than $17 million a year when he's not even worth $17 dollars, you know the game is broken.

And then the BankSox can go out and buy a team's best player for a couple of prospects who likely won't pan out.

it's ridiculous.

And what's worse, the friggin San Diego hitting coach had been talking to Gonzalez about his playing days in Boston and how much he'd enjoy it IF/WHEN he got the opportunity to go there.
So, he knew eventually he would lose his best player and he's not got problem with it.

Baseball is unwatchable.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Sheesh. The Red Sox gave up their #1 prospect in the Gonzalez deal, so it isn't like they stole him from San Diego.

Meanwhile, the Tigers outbid the Red Sox to sign Victor Martinez, for $50 million over 4 years. Detroit also signed dominant reliever Joaquin Benoit. They're having a good off-season. Keep the faith, RSS !

Plus, at least we can agree that the Spankees are morons for throwing all that money at Jeter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:51 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Sheesh. The Red Sox gave up their #1 prospect in the Gonzalez deal, so it isn't like they stole him from San Diego.

Meanwhile, the Tigers outbid the Red Sox to sign Victor Martinez, for $50 million over 4 years. Detroit also signed dominant reliever Joaquin Benoit. They're having a good off-season. Keep the faith, RSS !

Plus, at least we can agree that the Spankees are morons for throwing all that money at Jeter.

How do you think San Diego fans feel?
You just lost your best player, who is in the prime of his career, for no other reason than the Padres can't afford to pay for him. The franchise itself isn't struggling, but they just can't compete against the Bostons and Yankees of the world.
So they get three prospects and IF one of them pans out to be a really great player,then the Red SOx or Yankees will just get him back with another trade when he's in the prime of his career.
It's an endless cycle of shit for the small market teams.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I see your point, but I'm biased since I am a Sox fan, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:17 am 
Oil Industry Executive

redsonsuperman wrote:
binnall wrote:

How do you think San Diego fans feel?
You just lost your best player, who is in the prime of his career, for no other reason than the Padres can't afford to pay for him. The franchise itself isn't struggling, but they just can't compete against the Bostons and Yankees of the world.
So they get three prospects and IF one of them pans out to be a really great player,then the Red SOx or Yankees will just get him back with another trade when he's in the prime of his career.
It's an endless cycle of shit for the small market teams.

This is my problem with MLB and why I just can't get into it anymore. It's SO geared towards the big market teams that half the time it seems like at least half the league is just wasting time by fielding a team. I like the sport of baseball, but I can't stand how MLB operates. I can't stand how the Red Sox and Yankees of the world just sit back, wait for players to develop on other teams, then throw insane amounts of money at them and snatch them up.

The Yankees farm system isn't worth shit, but they'll be in the post season every year because they've got the biggest check book. Fuck that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:29 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

it may not be any good now, but when they were rebuilding the dynasty, around the time Torre took over, they had a great farm system. I don't know what killed it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:21 pm 
Shadow Person

:roll: The Yankee haters are at it again :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Good to see you back on your feet, MM.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:33 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:roll: The Yankee haters are at it again :twisted:

at least we don't hate you MM. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Personally, I'm not as high on Carl Crawford as many others are, but I am a fan of the Red Sox spending a shitload of money, making a big splash, and thwarting the Spankees. So, rejoice !

Red Sox sign Carl Crawford to 7 year, $142 million deal
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5901372

Now, to make my Christmas complete, Cliff Lee needs to sign with anyone but NY.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Personally, I'm not as high on Carl Crawford as many others

are, but I am a fan of the Red Sox spending a shitload of money, making a big splash, and thwarting the Spankees. So, rejoice !

Red Sox sign Carl Crawford to 7 year, $142 million deal
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5901372

Now, to make my Christmas complete, Cliff Lee needs to sign with anyone but NY.

Cliff Lee had a good night, eh? He stands to make $5-8 million per season more just on the basis of Crawford's signing. He can hold the Yankees hostage and they'll have to pay just so they look like they did something in the off-season other than overpay for a weak-fielding shortstop who is long past his prime.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:24 am 
Shadow Person

:P Sorry Tim ! The Yankees will overpay and get Lee . The Sox will finish behind them again !!!! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:41 am 
Site Admin

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:P Sorry Tim ! The Yankees will overpay and get Lee . The Sox will finish behind them again !!!! 8)

Phillies sign Cliff Lee ! -- http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/12/cliff_lee_is_going_to_philadel.html

See you in April, MM !!

Merry Christmas, Red Sox Nation !!!