The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

binnall wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
She was ephemera and didn't leave much of a lasting impression on anyone that wasn't a horny teenager at the time.

So, she's like pro wrestling's Joyce DeWitt.

Here's a recent pic of Sunny. She hasn't aged well.

She's not even forty yet (and we're living in the age of forty year old women still being hot). That's what years of substance abuse do for you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
binnall wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
She was ephemera and didn't leave much of a lasting impression on anyone that wasn't a horny teenager at the time.

So, she's like pro wrestling's Joyce DeWitt.

Here's a recent pic of Sunny. She hasn't aged well.

She's not even forty yet (and we're living in the age of forty year old women still being hot). That's what years of substance abuse do for you.

Not to mention years of working for Vince. I think that probably takes a toll mentally and physically.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

How do you put Sunny into the HOF before Liz?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:11 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Primus wrote:
How do you put Sunny into the HOF before Liz?

Supposedly Vince wants to be slow on inducting deceased individuals, as he believes it shines a light on all the really young deaths in the industry and makes him look bad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Ugh. Celebrity induction announced tonight ... Drew Carey.

Just awful. I don't mind the 'celebrity wing' of the HoF, but Carey is way, way down the list of guys who should be inducted.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:15 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Ugh. Celebrity induction announced tonight ... Drew Carey.

Just awful. I don't mind the 'celebrity wing' of the HoF, but Carey is way, way down the list of guys who should be inducted.

Just to reiterate: WORST CLASS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/inductees/abdullahthebutcher/

It's official. Abdullah the Butcher is a ...

HALL OF FAMER

Yes, this may be the trashiest class ever, but I expect Road Warriors to be next week's final announcement which will be the other headliner for the HoF and kind of redeem it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

NOTHING will redeem this class, not even the Butcher.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
NOTHING will redeem this class, not even the Butcher.

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Look inside your heart, RSS. Do it for Abby.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:20 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

This class really illustrates a few things:

- They haven't done a very good job of distributing inductions over the years, with way too many big and mid level names getting inducted either in the 90's (before the HOF was as big a deal as it is now) or in the early years of the modern HOF era ('04 onwards). Hell, '05 alone had Hogan, Piper, Jimmy Hart, Iron Shiek, and Nikolai Volkoff. Now, I realize that this is wrestling and you've got to work around whose died before fifty, whose not talking to who at that particular time, who has a bad substance abuse problem, etc. But as 2005 illustrates, that single year took up several recognizable names that could have been spread out over time.

- Sort of a corollary of the first one, they're inducting 90's/00's wrestlers REALLY quick now. For example, you could sit on the HBK induction for a while, give his legacy and reputation time to grow, etc. But nah, they're cashing that shit in as quick as possible.

- The glaring omissions (Savage, Sammartino, etc.) that won't ever be in.

Of the list:

HBK- Obviously deserves it, but I believe they're putting him in too soon. But whatever.

Hacksaw- I think he deserves it, but he's pretty close to a marginal selection. A midcard worker who was over enough to kind of elevate his career to something a bit more.

Bob Armstrong- Jobber to the stars whose getting in because he's been doing it for fifty years. Longevity is great, but on its own I don't think it's a Hall of Fame worthy achievement. I wouldn't have put him in.

Sunny- Shouldn't be in. Her WWE career was about three years long, she wasn't a worker, and the only thing she contributed to the industry was the rise of eye candy which had the double effect of A) killing the concept of Managers as characters and B) harming women's wrestling by bypassing legit workers for untrained models. Not a fan of this choice.

Drew Carey- Even as a celebrity induction this is lame. The other three celeb inductions (Uecker, Pete Rose, and William "The Refrigerator" Perry) all had memorable turns at one point or another. I don't even remember what Carey did (Something with Kane, maybe?)

Abdullah the Butcher- I don't really have a huge problem with him being in, but really, I think he's even more marginal than Hacksaw. He was a pioneer of garbage wrestling, which I'm not a huge fan of. But on the other hand, if Bob Armstrong is viable I guess he is too.

Overall, just a pretty mediocre class. I think it's going to get worse in the next few years, though. What'll be interesting to see is if, eventually, midcard guys that were over during the Attitude Era get the call. Because by some of the criteria previously established by HOF voting, The New Age Outlaws (feuding with Vince aside) or Too Cool are certainly viable HOF candidates.

And that's all kinds of fucked up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:14 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Meanwhile, the REAL hall of fame, the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, has a much stronger class in comparison, for its 2011 class in May.

Bronko Nagurski and Everette Marshall in the Pioneer Era.
The Sheik and Dick the Bruiser in the TV Era.
Jerry Lawler and Ivan Koloff in the Modern Era.
Billy Robinson in the International category.
The Road Warriors AND Paul Ellering in the Tag Team Category.
Vincent K. McMahon in the colleague category :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Judy Grable in the ladies category.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:39 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Wow. The worst hall of fame in WWE history was also given a pitiful showing on TV.

Drew Carey got more TV time than the Butcher? Seriously?

What little we saw from Ellering clearly showed he was the best the night had to offer.
8)

The rest? Lame. Even HBK was awful.