The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 WWE Hall of Fame
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Rumor has it Abdullah the Butcher and the Road Warriors will be among Class of 2011.

It's interesing that they'd honor Abdullah, since he never worked in the WWE/WWF. But I'm all for it.

The Road Warriors are an obvious one, but with no shortage of NWA/WCW/Georgia wrestlers to honor in Atlanta, you'd think they could wait to use the Road Warriors in a future host city that doesn't have such a rich history of wrestling.

and for the same reason, really lame that HBK is being honored. Typical Vince.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Nice call on the thread, RSS.

Tonight's announced inductee ...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????????????????????????????

Hacksaw? What's this got to do with Atlanta?

This has already become the worst Hall of Fame induction ever.

Total circus. All they need now is a Koko B. Ware selection. How about the Brooklyn Brawler. He's got about as much to do with Atlanta as the Hacksaw and HBK.

:evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Fuck Vince.

This should have been the easiest year of them all....

Arn Anderson
Wahoo McDaniel
Jake the Snake Roberts
Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen
Road Warriors

Last edited by redsonsuperman on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:57 am 
Site Admin

As a UWF / Bill Watts / old school fan, I figured that you'd love this.

Where's your heart, RSS ?

Where's your heart, tough guy ?!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:14 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

TB: It's more about matching up the people with the venue.

There's no doubt I was a huge fan of Duggan from his Mid-South days and I think it's awesome that Ted DiBiase will induct him. Aga in, those Mid-South connections run strong.

And I mean Ted DiBiase -- with the black glove. Not the Million Dollar Man.

But Duggan in Atlanta? why?

Arn Anderson
Wahoo McDaniel
Jake the Snake Roberts
Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen

and the most obvious of them all, the Freebirds?

Badstreet, Atlanta, GA!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

What? No Glacier? No David Arquette? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:13 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

This makes me realize I haven't watched any wrestling since like July of last year. Well, aside from some old CWA, USWA, and Georgia Championship Wrestling clips on YouTube. But as for current stuff, zilch since July. I couldn't stand the mediocrity of WWE anymore and TNA is a worthless piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
This makes me realize I haven't watched any wrestling since like July of last year. Well, aside from some old CWA, USWA, and Georgia Championship Wrestling clips on YouTube. But as for current stuff, zilch since July. I couldn't stand the mediocrity of WWE anymore and TNA is a worthless piece of shit.

yesterday was the first time I watched it since last year around this time. wwe is just awful.

they have a "unknown" gm giving orders through emails that the announcers read at ringside. that seems so 90's wcw.

and they tried to sell triple-h vs. undertaker by having them come out to the ring and do a staredown.

tna is worse.

i watched the wrestling that was on directv a couple times -- Ring of Honor. It seemed better than TNA, but seemed to be on very infrequently.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 am 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:

Arn Anderson
Wahoo McDaniel
Jake the Snake Roberts
Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen
Road Warriors

I have no problems with that class. The only guy from that list that would surprise me is Stan Hansen. The rest I expect to get in at some point.

I think WWE gave up on the WCW-theme idea at some point in the last year. No surprise there.

That said, here are the rumoured remaining names to be included in the 2011 class: Abdullah the Butcher, The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal), "Bullet" Bob Armstrong and Sunny.

I'm sure RSS' head will explode with that last name, but Sunny is a legendary WWE diva and, as such, probably gets the WWE-endorsed nod over the real original diva Missy Hyatt.

I figured they'd hold off on the Road Warriors until WM comes back to Chicago, but with the stadium show trend, I guess they aren't planning on going back to Chi-Town for WM anytime soon.

I bet they are waiting until Ric Flair is a free agent again, so they can have him induct Arn.

I missed RSS' news about Abdullah earlier in the week. I am very, very, very happy to see Abby get his due. I'm a longtime Abdullah fan and am psyched (but stunned) to see him chosen for this year's class.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Jake get the nod this year, but I also think that he may be held off as a potential co-headliner in a year or two. He still pops the crowd everytime.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:

Arn Anderson
Wahoo McDaniel
Jake the Snake Roberts
Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen
Road Warriors

I have no problems with that class. The only guy from that list that would surprise me is Stan Hansen. The rest I expect to get in at some point.

I think WWE gave up on the WCW-theme idea at some point in the last year. No surprise there.

That said, here are the rumoured remaining names to be included in the 2011 class: Abdullah the Butcher, The Road Warriors (Hawk and Animal), "Bullet" Bob Armstrong and Sunny.

I'm sure RSS' head will explode with that last name, but Sunny is a legendary WWE diva and, as such, probably gets the WWE-endorsed nod over the real original diva Missy Hyatt.

I figured they'd hold off on the Road Warriors until WM comes back to Chicago, but with the stadium show trend, I guess they aren't planning on going back to Chi-Town for WM anytime soon.

I bet they are waiting until Ric Flair is a free agent again, so they can have him induct Arn.

I missed RSS' news about Abdullah earlier in the week. I am very, very, very happy to see Abby get his due. I'm a longtime Abdullah fan and am psyched (but stunned) to see him chosen for this year's class.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Jake get the nod this year, but I also think that he may be held off as a potential co-headliner in a year or two. He still pops the crowd everytime.

Hansen, if you recall, was the presenter for Antonio Inoki at the WWE Hall of Fame in 2010. That made sense, given how popular Hansen was in Japan.

I thought him being a presenter would in turn lead to the WWE recognizing him as a Hall of Famer in Atlanta, given that he was big in Georgia back in the day.
He was a two-time Georgia Heavyweight champ and three-time Georgia tag team champ.

Although he didn't wrestle in the WWF Hansen did wrestle in the WWWF in the 70s, against the likes of Bruno Sammartino.

As for Sunny -- :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where's the puking emoticon when you need it?

I will not watch if they induct Sunny. She makes Koko B. Ware look like a legit Hall of Famer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

No disagreement that 'The Lariat' is HoF-worthy. I forgot that he was Inoki's presenter. I guess that does put him on WWE's radar. He's super old school, so I could see it happening, just meant that he is the longest-shot of those that you listed. Followed closely behind, unfortunately, by Mr. Wrestling II, who is either unknown by modern fans or barely remembered by most older fans, but was a massive star in the southern territories.

Sunny ushered in the modern 'Diva' era of WWE. She deserves HoF induction, going by the lopsided standards of women in pro wrestling.

Sable and Chyna should also be inducted eventually, but almost certainly will not, because they are both nut cases.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I'd put a dead Miss Elizabeth in before any of the "Divas" that followed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
I'd put a dead Miss Elizabeth in before any of the "Divas" that followed.

Agreed.

Elizabeth is like Jim Duggan, in that I could've sworn she was already in the HoF. (See also: Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, and Honky Tonk Man)

Maybe they are waiting until they finally settle their Randy Savage feud to induct Elizabeth then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

My theory on why the Georgia/WCW/Crockett etc. HOF fell apart is because they didn't get Sting. I firmly believe that it eats at Vince, at least a little, that Sting is arguably the one guy that was a huge name of the modern era that never worked for him in some capacity. He wanted Sting under a WWE contract, to do some dates, and then get a HOF induction. At one point, the rumor mill said that they were highly interested in pursuing him but ultimately nothing came of it. I believe I read at some place that they may have wanted him to do a full tour schedule and he had no interest. Supposedly he's well aware of his current limitations and people claim he'll blow spots if not reminded by his opponent and that he feels the TNA guys all have a good read on what to tell him and when, and that he'd lose that "security blanket" by going to the WWE.

Could be horsecrap, of course. But if they want him to work a full schedule, that's retarded. What should have happened was they sign him to a TV only contract. Work a short feud with Taker, culminating in a HOF induction and WM match and then retirement (which he threatens to do every time his TNA contract runs out anyway. Also, just for posterity, fuck TNA. They're the worst shit ever. They make dying days WCW look competent). Maybe we'll go through this whole thing again next year.

And yeah, even though I don't really watch much wrestling anymore, I still read the dirt sheets. Old habits die hard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Hey, if Koko B Ware can be in there, why not GA's own Big Bossman getting some posthumous love?

Who else would hitch The Big Show's dad's coffin to a hearse just to be an ass?