The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NHL 10/11 regular season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:00 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I thought I would start a thread for all the Hockey fans out there in BOA land.

The season is only a week old, and lots to talk about so far.

The leafs are off to a great start, I hope Bruins fans are not holding their breath for another top pick this year.

Then we have crazy Lou fucking the Devils hard in the ass to sign Kovalchuk. Money well spent when you lose a pile of draft picks, after a few injuries can only dress 15 skaters, and are off to a 0-2-1 start. Good job. This is gonna be a fun 15 years for devils fans.

There is the now infamous obscene "hand gesture" that happened Monday during a game between the Rangers and Islanders, when the Islander's James Wisniewski managed to get a 2 game suspension and forfeits $79,268.30 in salary** for correctly pointing out that Rangers forward Sean Avery is a cock-sucker.

Chicago loses a player for a 2 game suspension when Niklas Hjalmarsson hit Buffalo's Jason Pommenville from behind.

Thrasher Goalie collapses in the first 2 min of a game, hitting his head on the ice, resulting in a concussion. And they still don't know what caused him to collapse in the first place.

And that is just what I can think of off the top of my head from the first week!

Those are just a few things to get the conversation started.

** credit to a tweet from TSN's Darren Dreger for the figures in the Wisniewski suspension.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

The leafs keep plugging away. 3-0-0 thus far.

I just read an article talking about how all the teams that didn't make the playoffs last year have a way better combined record then the combined record of the teams that made the play offs last season. So far anyway. Good news for fans of shitty teams (I fall in that camp).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

How are the Bruins looking so far? I don't follow hockey and have essentially given up on the B's, since they were humiliated in the playoffs last year.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
How are the Bruins looking so far? I don't follow hockey and have essentially given up on the B's, since they were humiliated in the playoffs last year.

Boston is not off to a very good start. They are dead last in the North East Divison with 2pts, while the Leafs are on top with 6pts. All the other teams in the division, Montreal, Buffalo, and Ottawa have 3 pts.

In fairness to Boston, they have only played 2 games so far, and have had some injuries to key players. But having the whole division struggle a bit out of the gate is good news for me. It wont last forever.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:29 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Man I am disappointed with the NHL not suspending New York Rangers pest Sean Avery for his 2 uncalled for stick slashes on Toronto Defense-man Mike Komisarek last night. Montreal's Mike Cammalleri got a one game suspension for doing pretty much the same thing in the pre-season.

That is some bullshit right there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Man this season is wacky. A lot of suspensions already in this young season. Some legit ones, and a lot of BS ones, like a head shot suspension on a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Anyways, what happened last night in Minnesota is with out a doubt suspend-able. Not as bad as some player/fan altercations of the past, but still a no-no. Vancouver's Rypein lost his shit on some kid in the stands after being ejected late in a blowout game last night. Some are calling for a 10 game suspension, some blame the Wilds arena for not having mesh to protect the fans, and players for that matter from incidents like that, and the fact most arenas have said mesh installed.

I say 2-3 games, and lets move on to the next thing that Sean Avery gets away with, without being suspended (yes I am still bitter about that cock bag and his BS so far this season)

here is a little article on the incident.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/10/ ... lame_game/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Stucifer wrote:
Man this season is wacky. A lot of suspensions already in this young season. Some legit ones, and a lot of BS ones, like a head shot suspension on a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Anyways, what happened last night in Minnesota is with out a doubt suspend-able. Not as bad as some player/fan altercations of the past, but still a no-no. Vancouver's Rypein lost his shit on some kid in the stands after being ejected late in a blowout game last night. Some are calling for a 10 game suspension, some blame the Wilds arena for not having mesh to protect the fans, and players for that matter from incidents like that, and the fact most arenas have said mesh installed.

I say 2-3 games, and lets move on to the next thing that Sean Avery gets away with, without being suspended (yes I am still bitter about that cock bag and his BS so far this season)

all that kid did was clap.
he definitely needs to get a significant amount of games. you gotta be on the other side of crazy to do what he did.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:21 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

redsonsuperman wrote:
Stucifer wrote:

all that kid did was clap.
he definitely needs to get a significant amount of games. you gotta be on the other side of crazy to do what he did.

Well, I believe the last such incident got a 4 game suspension, so my guess is that he will get at least that, if not more due to all the other suspensions so far.
I mean we don't know what the fan said, not that that really matters, it still shouldn't have happened. But it could have been worse. It could have been another Millbury shoe beating.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Forgot about this thread until now. Wish I'd remembered it earlier, but, for now, I have nothing to say at this time. Except ... Game 7, motherfuckers. Go B's !!!!!!

Also, check out this hilarious ESPN article, with my favorite part in bold ...

Quote:
The city of Boston is taking extra precautions as it prepares for possible Stanley Cup celebrations.

The Boston Bruins are in Vancouver on Wednesday to take on the Canucks in the seventh and deciding game of the NHL's championship series.

Even though the team is on the road, police are deploying hundreds of extra officers to patrol the streets around TD Garden and Fenway Park, neighborhoods with dozens of sports bars where fans tend to congregate.

The city is also banning on-street parking in those same areas.

The Bruins also decided against holding a fans viewing party in the TD Garden because of potential problems.

NFL, NBA and World Series championship celebrations in the city in the past seven years have resulted in three deaths and widespread vandalism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Nothing better in sports then a 7th game in the cup finals. B's scoring early to take the crowd down a notch is key. Hopefully Chara will knock Sedin thru the glass. cold beer and game 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Bill wrote:
Nothing better in sports then a 7th game in the cup finals. B's scoring early to take the crowd down a notch is key. Hopefully Chara will knock Sedin thru the glass. cold beer and game 7

LOL... Chara just got his ass knocked down courtesy of a flying elbow to the back of the skull. God I love this game!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
Forgot about this thread until now. Wish I'd remembered it earlier, but, for now, I have nothing to say at this time. Except ... Game 7, motherfuckers. Go B's !!!!!!

Also, check out this hilarious ESPN article, with my favorite part in bold ...

Quote:
The city of Boston is taking extra precautions as it prepares for possible Stanley Cup celebrations.

The Boston Bruins are in Vancouver on Wednesday to take on the Canucks in the seventh and deciding game of the NHL's championship series.

Even though the team is on the road, police are deploying hundreds of extra officers to patrol the streets around TD Garden and Fenway Park, neighborhoods with dozens of sports bars where fans tend to congregate.

The city is also banning on-street parking in those same areas.

The Bruins also decided against holding a fans viewing party in the TD Garden because of potential problems.

NFL, NBA and World Series championship celebrations in the city in the past seven years have resulted in three deaths and widespread vandalism.

I forgot about this thread too, and I started it LMAO...

It was pretty active last year when I did it... I will have to stay on top of it next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

This bandwagon fan is ready to burst.

Got my 2010 Celtics Game 7 Finals champagne on ice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Congrats.

Good parades are nice, but there's nothing better than a championship parade.

Beantown's going to be wicked awesome for days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

I am so drunk right now. Thamk you, RSS amd company !