The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: NHL 10/11 regular season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:00 pm 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
I thought I would start a thread for all the Hockey fans out there in BOA land.

The season is only a week old, and lots to talk about so far.

The leafs are off to a great start, I hope Bruins fans are not holding their breath for another top pick this year.

Then we have crazy Lou fucking the Devils hard in the ass to sign Kovalchuk. Money well spent when you lose a pile of draft picks, after a few injuries can only dress 15 skaters, and are off to a 0-2-1 start. Good job. This is gonna be a fun 15 years for devils fans.

There is the now infamous obscene "hand gesture" that happened Monday during a game between the Rangers and Islanders, when the Islander's James Wisniewski managed to get a 2 game suspension and forfeits $79,268.30 in salary** for correctly pointing out that Rangers forward Sean Avery is a cock-sucker.

Chicago loses a player for a 2 game suspension when Niklas Hjalmarsson hit Buffalo's Jason Pommenville from behind.

Thrasher Goalie collapses in the first 2 min of a game, hitting his head on the ice, resulting in a concussion. And they still don't know what caused him to collapse in the first place.

And that is just what I can think of off the top of my head from the first week!

Those are just a few things to get the conversation started.

** credit to a tweet from TSN's Darren Dreger for the figures in the Wisniewski suspension.

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
The leafs keep plugging away. 3-0-0 thus far.

I just read an article talking about how all the teams that didn't make the playoffs last year have a way better combined record then the combined record of the teams that made the play offs last season. So far anyway. Good news for fans of shitty teams (I fall in that camp).

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 20178
Location: Boston
How are the Bruins looking so far? I don't follow hockey and have essentially given up on the B's, since they were humiliated in the playoffs last year.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 am 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
binnall wrote:
How are the Bruins looking so far? I don't follow hockey and have essentially given up on the B's, since they were humiliated in the playoffs last year.


Boston is not off to a very good start. They are dead last in the North East Divison with 2pts, while the Leafs are on top with 6pts. All the other teams in the division, Montreal, Buffalo, and Ottawa have 3 pts.

In fairness to Boston, they have only played 2 games so far, and have had some injuries to key players. But having the whole division struggle a bit out of the gate is good news for me. It wont last forever.

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:29 pm 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
Man I am disappointed with the NHL not suspending New York Rangers pest Sean Avery for his 2 uncalled for stick slashes on Toronto Defense-man Mike Komisarek last night. Montreal's Mike Cammalleri got a one game suspension for doing pretty much the same thing in the pre-season.

That is some bullshit right there.

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
Man this season is wacky. A lot of suspensions already in this young season. Some legit ones, and a lot of BS ones, like a head shot suspension on a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Anyways, what happened last night in Minnesota is with out a doubt suspend-able. Not as bad as some player/fan altercations of the past, but still a no-no. Vancouver's Rypein lost his shit on some kid in the stands after being ejected late in a blowout game last night. Some are calling for a 10 game suspension, some blame the Wilds arena for not having mesh to protect the fans, and players for that matter from incidents like that, and the fact most arenas have said mesh installed.

I say 2-3 games, and lets move on to the next thing that Sean Avery gets away with, without being suspended (yes I am still bitter about that cock bag and his BS so far this season)

here is a little article on the incident.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/10/ ... lame_game/

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 pm 
Offline
Modern Day Nephilim

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3423
Location: the D
Stucifer wrote:
Man this season is wacky. A lot of suspensions already in this young season. Some legit ones, and a lot of BS ones, like a head shot suspension on a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Anyways, what happened last night in Minnesota is with out a doubt suspend-able. Not as bad as some player/fan altercations of the past, but still a no-no. Vancouver's Rypein lost his shit on some kid in the stands after being ejected late in a blowout game last night. Some are calling for a 10 game suspension, some blame the Wilds arena for not having mesh to protect the fans, and players for that matter from incidents like that, and the fact most arenas have said mesh installed.

I say 2-3 games, and lets move on to the next thing that Sean Avery gets away with, without being suspended (yes I am still bitter about that cock bag and his BS so far this season)

here is a little article on the incident.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/10/ ... lame_game/



all that kid did was clap.
he definitely needs to get a significant amount of games. you gotta be on the other side of crazy to do what he did.

_________________
"I didn't need to learn what I learned today." -- Jesse Ventura.
"There is but one special interest that we should be working for, and that would solve just about all of our problems, and that is our liberty. " - Ron Paul.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:21 am 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
redsonsuperman wrote:
Stucifer wrote:
Man this season is wacky. A lot of suspensions already in this young season. Some legit ones, and a lot of BS ones, like a head shot suspension on a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Anyways, what happened last night in Minnesota is with out a doubt suspend-able. Not as bad as some player/fan altercations of the past, but still a no-no. Vancouver's Rypein lost his shit on some kid in the stands after being ejected late in a blowout game last night. Some are calling for a 10 game suspension, some blame the Wilds arena for not having mesh to protect the fans, and players for that matter from incidents like that, and the fact most arenas have said mesh installed.

I say 2-3 games, and lets move on to the next thing that Sean Avery gets away with, without being suspended (yes I am still bitter about that cock bag and his BS so far this season)

here is a little article on the incident.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/10/ ... lame_game/



all that kid did was clap.
he definitely needs to get a significant amount of games. you gotta be on the other side of crazy to do what he did.



Well, I believe the last such incident got a 4 game suspension, so my guess is that he will get at least that, if not more due to all the other suspensions so far.
I mean we don't know what the fan said, not that that really matters, it still shouldn't have happened. But it could have been worse. It could have been another Millbury shoe beating.

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 20178
Location: Boston
Forgot about this thread until now. Wish I'd remembered it earlier, but, for now, I have nothing to say at this time. Except ... Game 7, motherfuckers. Go B's !!!!!!

Also, check out this hilarious ESPN article, with my favorite part in bold ...

Quote:
The city of Boston is taking extra precautions as it prepares for possible Stanley Cup celebrations.

The Boston Bruins are in Vancouver on Wednesday to take on the Canucks in the seventh and deciding game of the NHL's championship series.

Even though the team is on the road, police are deploying hundreds of extra officers to patrol the streets around TD Garden and Fenway Park, neighborhoods with dozens of sports bars where fans tend to congregate.

The city is also banning on-street parking in those same areas.

The Bruins also decided against holding a fans viewing party in the TD Garden because of potential problems.

NFL, NBA and World Series championship celebrations in the city in the past seven years have resulted in three deaths and widespread vandalism.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am 
Offline
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Connecticut
Nothing better in sports then a 7th game in the cup finals. B's scoring early to take the crowd down a notch is key. Hopefully Chara will knock Sedin thru the glass. cold beer and game 7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 pm 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
Bill wrote:
Nothing better in sports then a 7th game in the cup finals. B's scoring early to take the crowd down a notch is key. Hopefully Chara will knock Sedin thru the glass. cold beer and game 7



LOL... Chara just got his ass knocked down courtesy of a flying elbow to the back of the skull. God I love this game!!

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:25 pm 
Offline
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Canada
binnall wrote:
Forgot about this thread until now. Wish I'd remembered it earlier, but, for now, I have nothing to say at this time. Except ... Game 7, motherfuckers. Go B's !!!!!!

Also, check out this hilarious ESPN article, with my favorite part in bold ...

Quote:
The city of Boston is taking extra precautions as it prepares for possible Stanley Cup celebrations.

The Boston Bruins are in Vancouver on Wednesday to take on the Canucks in the seventh and deciding game of the NHL's championship series.

Even though the team is on the road, police are deploying hundreds of extra officers to patrol the streets around TD Garden and Fenway Park, neighborhoods with dozens of sports bars where fans tend to congregate.

The city is also banning on-street parking in those same areas.

The Bruins also decided against holding a fans viewing party in the TD Garden because of potential problems.

NFL, NBA and World Series championship celebrations in the city in the past seven years have resulted in three deaths and widespread vandalism.


I forgot about this thread too, and I started it LMAO...

It was pretty active last year when I did it... I will have to stay on top of it next season.

_________________
I made a blog cause I was bored. http://hockeyfury.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 20178
Location: Boston
This bandwagon fan is ready to burst.

Got my 2010 Celtics Game 7 Finals champagne on ice.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 pm 
Offline
Modern Day Nephilim

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3423
Location: the D
Congrats.

Good parades are nice, but there's nothing better than a championship parade.

Beantown's going to be wicked awesome for days.

_________________
"I didn't need to learn what I learned today." -- Jesse Ventura.
"There is but one special interest that we should be working for, and that would solve just about all of our problems, and that is our liberty. " - Ron Paul.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 20178
Location: Boston
I am so drunk right now. Thamk you, RSS amd company !

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group