HHH v. Brock Lesnar -- No Holds Barred, HHH's career on the line
CM Punk v. The Undertaker
Team Hell No v. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston -- World Tag Title Bout
Mark Henry v. Ryback
The Shield v. Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus
Fandango v. Chris Jericho
Wade Barrett v. The Miz -- IC Title Bout
Tons of Funk & the Funkadactyls v. Rhodes Scholars & Bella Twins

WWE HoF 2013: Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Mick Foley, Trish Stratus, and Booker T

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania XXIX
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:40 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Card has a few matches official already ...

The Rock v. John Cena - RAW World Title Bout
Alberto Del Rio v. Jack Swagger - Smackdown World Title Bout

And so it begins. Swagger's ascent to the top of the WWE. They've been wasting his talent for years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

His talent solely exists in the grizzled maniac in his corner, one Zeb Colter (aka Dutch Mantell). Amazing talker and a huge addition to the WWE.

Debuted last Monday and they are already pushing him to the moon. He'll be giving a 'State of the Union' speech in honor of President's Day tonight on RAW. Bear in mind, he debuted a week ago!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:37 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Oh, believe me when I tell you I'm thrilled to see Dirty Dutch again. Another one of the mid-south boys from my youth 8)

Only in the dumb ass WWE do they have him take that ridiculous name again. At least they're not calling him uncle zeb this time,

But I think swagger has always had enough Of a ring personality to draw good heat if done correctly.

I would have preferred that he be part of a stable led by the miz vs. a good guy stable led by santino
Miz and santino should be utilized on the mic every week.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:26 am 
Site Admin

Hate to possibly dash your hopes, RSS, but WWE may put the brakes on Swagger's push. He was arrested last night for DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding. WWE could go in any number of directions, but it seems like a 30 day suspension may happen and he may lose the WM spot. Clearly, he is an idiot.

The only thing that could save him is ... Zeb Colter getting so over and getting so much mainstream publicity. That said, they could always suspend Swagger and move Colter over to managing someone like Mark Henry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Hate to possibly dash your hopes, RSS, but WWE may put the brakes on Swagger's push. He was arrested last night for DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding. WWE could go in any number of directions, but it seems like a 30 day suspension may happen and he may lose the WM spot. Clearly, he is an idiot.

The only thing that could save him is ... Zeb Colter getting so over and getting so much mainstream publicity. That said, they could always suspend Swagger and move Colter over to managing someone like Mark Henry.

Yikes. :shock: :roll: :roll: :shock: That's unfortunate for Swagger.

As for ol' Zeb, Mark Henry?????? Sure, he can manage Henry in a tag team with another useless misfit -- the Not Great Khali.
Henry's a waste of time.

I hope Dirty Dutch continues to be used though. I'd rather see him help make Rhodes or DiBiase interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

I just meant that Henry is the ideal main eventer if they are going to pair him with someone they can build the WM sub main event around.

Ideally, a returning Ted DiBiase Jr., going back to his spoiled roots, would likely be the best fit, idealogically, with the Zeb character, but there's no way he gets the immediate push to WM title shot status in 6 weeks. Then again, I probably would have said the same thing about a hypothetical Jack Swagger push and look what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

I just meant that Henry is the ideal main eventer if they are going to pair him with someone they can build the WM sub main event around.

Ideally, a returning Ted DiBiase Jr., going back to his spoiled roots, would likely be the best fit, idealogically, with the Zeb character, but there's no way he gets the immediate push to WM title shot status in 6 weeks. Then again, I probably would have said the same thing about a hypothetical Jack Swagger push and look what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:

Oh, I hear ya. I wasn't really thinking about how they can fix WM. (I'm glad they have to get creative quickly though. It's good for them not to have everything so damn scripted).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Looks like Swagger will be at WM after all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, he lucked out, for sure. The publicity surrounding Zeb Colter probably saved him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Yeah, he lucked out, for sure. The publicity surrounding Zeb Colter probably saved him.

For a minute there I was hoping that they were going to use Miz as a way out of getting Swagger out of WM.

You gotta admit, Swagger's a lot better when he's just saying "We the people" over and over and nothing more.

Too bad the WWE doesn't use managers for 85% of their roster, which is devoid of mic skills.

BTW: Mark Henry vs. Khali. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Really, ANYONE vs. Khali is :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
When he's wrestling I like to pretend for a minute they're carrying him like he's a feeble Andre the Giant and they're just trying to help him make a buck for a couple more years. Then I remember how Andre used to get people over at the end of his career when he knew he wasn't going to be around much longer and then I got mad that Khali isn't even 1/50th the wrestler that Andre was and can't get anyone over because of how ridiculously bad he is.

Can't wait for next week's "Old School" program. I'm assuming this will be their way of getting Undertaker's match set for WM.
Perhaps they'll have a Piper's pit segment.
Maybe the Mr. McMahon will go back to just being idiot broadcaster Vince once again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Khali is terrible and his gimmick has pretty much run its course. I think you are right that they are just keeping him on the roster because his can't wreslte much longer. Plus, he's probably huge (no pun intended) in India, so that helps them, and they seem to love bad comedy so they apparently can find any number of ways to use him in awful comedy angles (see his current pairing w. Hornswoggle).

Ever since Royal Rumble, Vaeni and I have mulled all the different options for undercard matches at this year WM and it is disappointing that WWE doesn't seem to care even 1% as much as we do. Apparently, they don't even have any solid plans, yet, for the undercard matches. Although Jericho v. Mark Henry and Sheamus v. Wade Barrett have been discussed.

And, yes, Swagger is much better as the nearly silent, brainwashed muscle for the almighty Zeb.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

I will give WWE credit for getting back to their old way of long term planning the WM main event. Back in the day, they used to figure out the next year's WM direction a few weeks after WM had ended and that seems to be the case, even more, nowadays.

The rumoured plan for WM XXX is that Rock v. Brock is the marquee match with probably Cena v. Underaker as #2 and maybe Austin v. Punk if they can convince Austin to do one more match, which is unlikely.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:04 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
I will give WWE credit for getting back to their old way of long term planning the WM main event. Back in the day, they used to figure out the next year's WM direction a few weeks after WM had ended and that seems to be the case, even more, nowadays.

The rumoured plan for WM XXX is that Rock v. Brock is the marquee match with probably Cena v. Underaker as #2 and maybe Austin v. Punk if they can convince Austin to do one more match, which is unlikely.

Sadly that means the company has no plans to bring anyone else up to main event level in a year span.

Cena, undertaker, rock, Austin. Those acts are tired.

Where's the new blood?