The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania XXIX
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:17 am 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
Sadly that means the company has no plans to bring anyone else up to main event level in a year span.

Cena, undertaker, rock, Austin. Those acts are tired.

Where's the new blood?

Not necessarily. That is just early, early speculation.

I fully expect Ziggler to be main eventing by the time WM XXX comes around. The Shield, Cesaro, Ryback, and Barrett could all make the jump. WWE has the most stocked undercard in quite some time.

You are also overlooking Punk as new blood that attained solid main event status. Orton should be in the mix, but he's got 2 strikes and they probably don't want to invest in him. Daniel Bryan, despite being a comedy wrestler, is right on the cusp. If he got a serious push, he could be the next Benoit (before he went insane, obviously).

I know you like Miz, but he's terrible in the ring. Hasn't improved since he main evented WM two years ago and constantly fucks up in the ring and hurts guys. He's better as a commentator / talking head / host.

Part of the problem is WM is the showcase of part timers and legends now. It has been that way for a few years. It's aimed at casual fans. I'd say they are doing it wrong, but last year's WM had the 2nd highest buyrate of all time. For the record, the Trump v McMahon WM is the highest buyrate.

In a few years, we'll look back on this as the key transition phase for WWE. HHH, Undertaker, Rey, Kane, Big Show, and Rock will likely join Flair, Michaels, Booker T and Hart as retired legends. Then there will plenty of spots for the young guys. And, as noted above, there are plenty of young guys that will move up.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

I wasn't overlooking punk. But, as much heat as he had with his doing things his way angle, it all got destroyed by the dumb love triangle angle.

And that angle also dropped Bryan into this ridiculous bad comedy angle with Kane.

That angle was a huge failure.
wwe has done a great job of cooling off two guys who should be carrying the company into he future.

I never thought piper was much of an in-ring performer and feel the same way about miz. He can thrive as the leader of a faction of villains. They need him building story lines every week with his mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:35 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Which 10 guys would you build the company around st this point?

1 punk
2 ryback
3 miz
4 Bryan
5 Marella
6 swagger
7 Albert del rio
8 aj lee
9 sheamus
10 dibiase

Cesaro and Barrett are waste of time. You gotta have a gimmick.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Here's my ideal 10 picks if WWE was starting from scratch ...

1. Punk
2. Bryan
3. Ziggler
4. Dean Ambrose
5. Seth Rollins
6. Roman Reigns
7. Antonio Cesaro
8. Ryback
9. Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris in NXT)
10. Kofi Kingston as a heel

Some notes ...

Dean Ambrose will be end up being one of WWE's top stars in the next 3 to 5 years. Bank on it.

Cesaro is a fantastic wrestler. If he needs a gimmick change, so be it.

The only two on that list that I am even iffy about, with regards to their potential to be good, long term, are Reigns and Ryback. I could really live without Ryback, but he's fresh and I think that is what you were asking about.

Bray Wyatt is another guy who will be a big star, once the mid-card bottleneck resolves itself.

Kofi Kingston has hit the glass ceiling so many times, he must have a concussion. I'd turn him heel and give it one more shot to truly get him all the way over.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:18 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Dolph Ziggler has always struck me as a less talented Jeff jarrett.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Same here, although he reminded me of Ken Kennedy or Billy Gunn, but I watched more of his matches and was really impressed. Now he reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels. Jarrett never took the crazy bumps that Ziggler takes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Punk vs. undertaker. Oh, I'll pay for that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:51 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Ric Flair with the Miz. Wooooooo!!! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if you are sarcastic or serious about Punk v. Taker, RSS, so please explain.

Anyway, these matches were either officially added or essentially added for WM ...

HHH v. Brock Lesnar
CM Punk v. The Undertaker
Mark Henry v. Ryback
The Shield v. Big Show, Randy Orton, and Sheamus

I suspect we'll see Jericho v. Ziggler and some kind of multi-tag match as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

No, I think punk vs. undertaker will be epic, especially if it is a pass the torch moment, which I think it should be.

And also looking forward to the shield match.
I agree with you about Ambrose bring a major star in the near future. I don't think the other two guys will be that big though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Matches / stipulations added last night ...

HHH v. Brock will now be No Holds Barred w. HHH's career on the line
The Shield v. Orton, Sheamus, Big Show
Kane & Daniel Bryan v. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston
Ryback v. Mark Henry

Rumoured match ...

Bellas, Layla, and Tamina Snuka v. Katelyn, Cameron, Naomi, and Maria Menounous (of Extra)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 am 
Site Admin

Officially added to WM card last night ...

Fandango v. Chris Jericho

I'm afraid this is a case of Jericho being pulled down rather than Fandango being pulled up, regardless of the finish.

I also suspect Team Rhodes Scholars & Bellas v. Brodus & Tensai & Naomi & Cameron will be added soon.

That will leave Miz, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, R-Truth, and Kofi Kingston as the only remaining guys left without a match, pretty sad for the IC and US titles. Plus the rest of the Divas division don't have a match.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:22 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Officially added to WM card last night ...

Fandango v. Chris Jericho

I'm afraid this is a case of Jericho being pulled down rather than Fandango being pulled up, regardless of the finish.

I also suspect Team Rhodes Scholars & Bellas v. Brodus & Tensai & Naomi & Cameron will be added soon.

That will leave Miz, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, R-Truth, and Kofi Kingston as the only remaining guys left without a match, pretty sad for the IC and US titles. Plus the rest of the Divas division don't have a match.

Mindboggling that they can't find a major angle for Miz, or that they don't turn Kingston into a heel.
The other three, no great loss.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:10 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if WWE doesn't like Miz or if he is just stuck in a logjam of popular faces and can't break through that. All the remaining guys w/o matches are decent, so I think it is just a case of not enough space for them, since WM has become the showcase event for part timers. If Rock, HHH, and Taker were not on the card, I'm sure there would be space.

I still expect one or two more matches to be added, since they have a 1 hour pre-show.

The Kingston heel turn is rumoured to be happening after WM. Maybe one of those 'I was left of the WM card, so I'm pissed/whining' turns.

Also rumoured to be turning soon are Randy Orton (maybe @ WM) and Booker T (after WM as well).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Rejoice, RSS, WWE.com has announced Wade Barrett v. The Miz (for the IC title) is officially on the card for Wrestlemania.

Please note that Miz has fallen so far that his WM match is announced on WWE.com and not even given a TV angle to set it up properly.