The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WWE Network
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I waited unt this morning to get it after I heard about all the problems. I've had no problems with anything streaming on my phone but the xbox won'tet me log on. I've heard about the problems with the xbox but I'm not sure if it's the xbox or the user. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Probably just the Xbox, lol.

After debating for weeks over how to best get the channel to my TV and seeing terrible results with using Chromecast to stream Netflix and HBOGo to my TV wirelessly via my iPad, I finally dislodged the brain fart and now just run a hardline HDMI cable from my desktop to my TV about 20 feet away. Solved everything and now I have a cool HD monitor, essentially, across the room.

Watched a few matches last night. Seems like the OnDemand is pretty much working. Love, love, love the live stream channel. I like that they just show random old episodes of RAW on there. Just wish they'd add a bit more variety like throwing old Primetime Wrestling episodes or territorial stuff on there, but I expect that will happen over time.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Watched the NXT special last night on the Network. It was really, really good. NXT is more like old school wrestling than anything WWE produces.

You've got to watch the Cesaro v. Zayn match that started the show. Legit match of the year candidate and probably the best WWE TV match in the last year at least. Cesaro is the best wrestler in WWE, hand down. I just wish WWE would give the belt to Daniel Bryan and then have him feud with Cesaro all spring so that they can have insane matches for months.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I read that the login problems for the xbox should be fixed by Monday, I got my fingers crossed. I've heard nothing but good things from the NXT show and I'm looking forward to seeing NXT on the network. I am still gonna buy Wrestlemania from my cable provider because I don't completely trust the network yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah. I think I will wait to see how the Hall of Fame stream handles traffic on the Saturday night before 'Mania and then decide whether or not I want to get WM on PPV.

I hate to spend that kind of money needlessly, so I may even abstain from the internet for the night and watch it OnDemand on the Network on Monday afternoon or something.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

This is awesome. Watched the 2000 Armegeddon and one of the more entertaining matches was the 4 way tag team match with the Dudley's, Edge and Christian, The Goodfather and Bull Buchanon and the incredibly awesome team of Road Dogg and K-Kwik. I forgot they were even a team haha. I can't wait to dig a little deeper in the archives.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it is addicting stuff, lol. Watched 1/3 of the massive WrestleMania IV the other night. Bob Eucker on commentary for the opening Battle Royal is eight shades of awesome!

Also, Flair v. Vader from Starrcade 1993 is a slow, brutal classic. And I just happened to turn it on today and caught the tail end of Michaels v. Undertaker @ WM25 and was reminded of how insanely good that match was. Got totally caught up in it again and kept being surprised when different moves weren't the finish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:13 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

My only gripe is that on the xbox I can't access most WCW and ECW PPVs as well as most Wrestlemanias. I'm not sure if that's something their gonna add later or not but it's kind of a bummer. I don't have a laptop so I can't hook it up to my tv and my phones screen just doesn't cut it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:44 am 
Site Admin

Hmmm. Weird. I'd check around and see if there is a fix for that. Or spring for a Roku, for like $50, to get a better system. I presume you don't have a Kindle or iPad, because then you could get a chromecast and stream it to your TV that way. Chromecast is $35.

Latest finds from this weekend:

RAW from January 1993 - Mr. Perfect v. Ric Flair, amazing loser-leaves-WWE match, and a pretty good Savage v. Repo Man match that just shows how talented Savage really was. It was akin to watching a 2014 wrestler in 1993. Just amazing stuff.

ECW One Night Stand - Masato Tanaka v. Mike Awesome. Fucking brutal match, just brutal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:00 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Actually I do have an ipad so I will look into getting chromecast, thanks for the tip. I started to watch The Great American Bash from 1995 but unfortunately I fell asleep very early so that's on the agenda for today. Mike Awesome was a very underrated wrestler, he was so big and agile it was actually a little scary. I always loved when Awesome would powerbomb Tanaka from the top rope through a table, a true holy shit moment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:18 am 
Site Admin

Hold up on the Chromecast recommendation. Looks like it still isn't quite working per se: http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1zdlvw/chromecast_options_for_wwe_network/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

In honor of WMXXX and inspired by a drunken haze, I have begun an off-beat WM mini marathon of sorts.

Rather than watch each WrestleMania which would take forever, I just go through and watch the oddball matches or ones I saw only once and that was like 20 years ago.

So ... here's where I'm at so far ...

WM2 - 20 Man Battle Royal -- Bizarre, tiny ring. Terrible Kathy Lee Gifford on the announce team. Fascinating inclusion of the football players and Andre right before he fell into almost total crippleness.

WMIII - Roddy Piper v. Adrian Adonis -- For the life of me, I couldn't remember ever seeing any more of Adrian Adonis, since he died a year or two after this match, so I thought it would be good to go back and see this one. I enjoyed it.

WMIV - The Rockers v. Twin Towers -- Awesome little guys v. big guys match. You could tell, even this early, that WWE had Shawn Michaels pegged as the future star.

Will likely dive into WMV tonight. Not sure how far I will go, since once you get past WM20-ish, it starts to get too modern and there's no real nostalgia fun in it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

makes me think of this http://www.amazon.com/Never-Forget-Wres ... B002NWLR00
(as if I could squeeze into a large)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:26 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Carlos Colon? Meh.

Mr. T. Inevitable.

Should have had Brooklyn brawler in there rather than colon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:09 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

One day I will be able to watch all the PPVs on my xbox. Until then I'm stuck watching the attitude era, not that there's anything wrong with that. I forgot just how edgy it was with the Godfather telling everyone to light up a fatty and Jerry Lawler being a creepy old man haha. It was good television I must say. Have you used your PS3 to watch the network, Tim?