The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WWE Network
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:27 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Finally! I can now watch all PPVs on the Xbox. Since it's Wrestlemaina season I'll be watching a bunch of old Wrestlemanias, I cannot wait!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Go out of your way to watch the Warrior documentary that aired last night on the Network. Simply amazing stuff. Perhaps the best documentary ever done by WWE. Tons of backstage stuff from WM weekend and sit down interviews with Vince, HHH, Hogan, and Sting that were taped after Warrior passed away. The Vince interviews are particularly chilling and revelatory.

It's stuff like this and the Daniel Bryan WM documentary (which is also very good) that make the Network unbelievable. I can forgive the lack of archival stuff so far if they keep producing outstanding original programs like this.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:12 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

That was really well done. I was impressed how well it was put together in such little time. It was cool to see the Hogan and Warrior bury the hatchet right there on camera too. Still hard to believe how that all went down and then he died. In my opinion $9.99 a month for all of this is a steal.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

They just added the complete archive of WCW Clash of the Champions, 35 shows total. Tons of shows I never got to see.

Wish I could find a website that has match listings w/o finishes, so if anyone knows of one, please let me know. Otherwise I'm going to end up spoiling the endings, which isn't a huge deal.

According to WWE.com, other libraries set to be uploaded in 2014 include Saturday Night's Main Event (which should be awesome) and WCW Nitro, probably starting in September-ish. No word on any other territories, so I expect those will be 2015 additions.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:47 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I watched the first Clash of the Champions before Extreme Rules.

Man, Steve Williams had a pretty brutal promo. Talking wasn't his thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to see you've adopted the Network, RSS. How are you liking it so far?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:53 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I won't fully appreciate it until they add the territories.

But, some of the early 80s nwa stuff is good to watch again.

And everyone needs to stop picking on Tony atlas. Wtf.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

I suspect we won't see any Mid South or AWA or old NWA until next year. They'll be loading up on SNME and Nitros this year although the Clash archive was a surprise, so I guess anything is possible.

I just wish they'd program the live stream channel like real channel, so you could have some habitual shows, like everyday at 4 PM, you'd know you'd get an old AWA show or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:22 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

I think the reality show may prove to do more damage than good for the network.

a peek behind the curtain isn't always a good thing when it comes to some of these guys.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

The reality show so far on WWE....

Okerlund -- seems like more of a prick than I expected. Basically just wants to sit around and drink and be left alone, or he'll drop an expletive.

Pat Patterson -- probably would be more involved if he wasn't attached to okerlund's hip most of the time.

Hillbilly Jim -- seems to be the most normal of the guys. hated his character back in the day. find him a lot more interesting now.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan -- I was worried this show might leave me not liking someone that i cheered for as a kid. Duggan comes off as a real fucking tool on the show. (And I met him in person and he was veryr cordial). Would love to find out what the 20-year bad blood is between him and Atlas.

Tony Atlas -- Duggan acted like a dick to him, now Okerlund is saying TA is a problem. WTF. Not getting why there's so much hate directed at Tony on this show. He's just as quirky as the rest. Fuck'em if they don't like him.

Hot Rod: Fascinating. They need to follow up with reality show that just centers on him. Seems to have a lot of demons waiting to break out, but then he turns around and shows how much of a group leader he can be.

Howard: Hope he's getting $$ some good money, but have no interest in him on the show whatsoever.

Jimmy Hart -- thought he'd be more of a weasel.